Mighty Joe's Wall Of Grip Video Series!

mightyjoe

Big thanks for this accolade!

Big thanks for this accolade!

You very well deserve it Juhu!

You obviously are passionate about Grip!

I just joined the Grip Board yesterday. This is my first post. My first thought is....WOW! I had no idea there was this many grippers out there. I'm excited to make some progress with my grip with your tips.

Joe,

When do you think the next vid will be out?

Can't promise a time no more due to something always coming up.

I have a TON of things going on in my other life and lots of testing I'm doing in my spare time

on things I've put off due to all the time consumed on the videos, the Walls, answering questions, etc...

I simply have to catch up on things or it will spiral out of control.

I certainly appreciate you asking and your support! You are always one of the first ones to comment on

each new video and believe me every word means a lot to me.

Shouldn't be too long! I can tell you that there will be several training tips videos before my next video

in the continuing series.

I LOVE GRIP!!!

Joe,

When do you think the next vid will be out?

Can't promise a time no more due to something always coming up.

I have a TON of things going on in my other life and lots of testing I'm doing in my spare time

on things I've put off due to all the time consumed on the videos, the Walls, answering questions, etc...

I simply have to catch up on things or it will spiral out of control.

I certainly appreciate you asking and your support! You are always one of the first ones to comment on

each new video and believe me every word means a lot to me.

Shouldn't be too long! I can tell you that there will be several training tips videos before my next video

in the continuing series.

I LOVE GRIP!!!

Excellent!

I thoroughly enjoy your training vids too, so this is great news!

Joe always doing good stuff for the grip world! To bad I have not been around lately to see the new stuff.

Edited by fortes mãos

Joe always doing good stuff for the grip world! To bad I have not been around lately to see the new stuff.

You are WELCOME to my museum and training facility any time my friend! :)

Would LOVE to have any Grip Board member drop by for a visit. Only condition is you have to let me get

your picture in front of the Wall of Grip. :)

BTW, in order to get into my upstairs museum you must know the password phrase!!! Here it is in case you

plan a visit:

I LOVE GRIP!!! :D

• Like 1

This thread and accompanying videos inspired me to start collecting grippers myself.

I won a bid on ebay bid on double band atomicgripz, though got outbid on triple band. Placed an order on FBBC 3x steel handled, non knurled. These are two of the harder manufacturers to get a hold of in the United States. I'm monitoring Cannon's site for Manu grippers, I already own IMS 1-4, a brass handled RB and a steel handled RB, steel handled Tetting directly from Warren himself, and GHP 4 and 5. Also Vulcan and Ivanko.

• Like 1

MRabich, I'm thrilled to know that this series has started a new collector like yourself.

Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words!

UPDATE:

This weekend I will be posting video #6! :)

This video will be devoted to a Grip Legend and Icon of the Sport by the name of Richard Sorin!!!

I actually became interested in Grip strength in 1979 because I was trying to find ways to

strengthen my hands and fingers for arm wrestling after I got crushed in my first tournament.

My actual start in Grip and in Collecting started (1991) with my good friend Richard Sorin. If it wasn't for Richard

I would not be where I am NOW!

This weekend you'll hear the story and learn about this Legend of Grip! ;)

Richard Sorin is the Godfather of Modern Day Grip!!! :bow

See you this weekend!!!

• Like 1

In response to request for pics of my collection of grippers I thought I would start off with this image:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10654

This image sums up what I LOVE to do!!!

ENJOY!!!

That's a pretty good starting point!

Seriously though, you have an awesome grip collection. I would love to have even a quarter of it someday.

Thanks for all the videos- keep them coming.

Seriously though, you have an awesome grip collection. I would love to have even a quarter of it someday.

Thanks for all the videos- keep them coming.

Thank you xvx!

Here's more pics of my collection:

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10655

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10656

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10657

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10659

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10658

The above hand gripper was made by Arian Tepper with Python Grip!

This is a "one of a kind" hand gripper!

Handles are solid Titanium!

RGC = 160 lbs.

Wire Size = .296"

Handle Spread = 2.157"

Weight = 12 oz.

Price = Expensive!

MORE pics SOON!!!

ENJOY!!!

Edited by Mighty Joe
  • Like 1

Here's a pic of my very first hand grippers:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10661

ENJOY!!!

Very well done review, Joe, on a nice machine. You covered enough that most people could find a number of ways to train their grip with it.

You mentioned that an interesting option would be a flat bottom handle. I would guess that would be for finger pressure in arm wrestling, though for overall strength would also be useful.

Solid review on a unique grip machine...

Edited by 33wes

Very well done review, Joe, on a nice machine. You covered enough that most people could find a number of ways to train their grip with it.

You mentioned that an interesting option would be a flat bottom handle. I would guess that would be for finger pressure in arm wrestling, though for overall strength would also be useful.

Solid review on a unique grip machine...

I had just to post that in the wrong thread! I apologize.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

This video will be devoted to a Grip Legend and Icon of the Sport by the name of Richard Sorin!!!

See you this weekend!!!

Gosh, what happened to #6?

UPDATE:

See you this weekend!!!

Gosh, what happened to #6?

Life!

Sorry, but I'll get to it when I can.

• 1 month later...

I realize this thread has been quite for a while due to lack of time on getting video #6 concerning Richard Sorin

done. It's coming! I promise!

I wanted to post something here that I initially started over at the "selling forum" concerning a calibrated hard #4 and

what spurred this post is a quote from Randy Strossen below:

Nice to see so much interest in Captains of Crush grippers.

I was kind of surprised to see such alarm at the variation in RGC ratings (I would take all gripper ratings with a grain of salt and TEDS likes to remind guys that RGC ratings can vary more than some grippers) and some confusion about how CoC grippers have been marked over the years—anyone who wants to read more about these (and other hot gripper topics :D ) should check what Joe Kinney calls the CoC Owner's Manual (i.e., the CoC book). It goes into quite a bit of detail on this kind of stuff and there is even a section on the single/double stamp thing because it was such a phenomenon among some gripper guys. I think the marking thing ended up getting sorted out on this thread—it does refer to whether one/both handle(s) was stamped, just as explained above.

Either way, though, it was great to see all this interest—many thanks for crushing and collecting CoC grippers!

Here's my response below but moved to this forum where I think it rightly should be:

Randy, thanks for your post! I'm kind of surprised you're surprised at all the attention your grippers are getting.

I have more CoC grippers than any other brand at the moment (Tetting's running a very close 2nd) and I can't imagine were grip and grippers would be without you and CoC's in the overall picture.

I will admit right up front I've never seen eye to eye with you on many subjects but if one takes away all the negative and look at what you've contributed to Grip (specifically grippers regardless that your beginning was with Warren) I simply can't imagine which direction grip and grippers would have taken. It's beyond comprehension how many individuals have got their start with your grippers. Your influence on others can not be measured and regardless of what comes forward in the future as far as new product lines (grippers) you and Captains of Crush can never be removed from the big picture, history, and evolution of grippers!

I realize many people may be shocked that I'm placing you on a pedestal but by golly it's something I've been wanting to say and something that needs to be said. I told Bill that when I started my video series on my gripper collection and decided to do a second wall called the Grip Hall of Fame that there was 5 individuals that my series was going to focus around when I get to the GWOF. Those individuals being Warren Tetting, Richard Sorin, David Horne, Randal Strossen, and Bill Piche. Now before anyone spouts off other names besides these 5 individuals let me explain why these 5!

Try and imagine the current state/status of Grip with anyone of these names removed from my list??? Please give it some thought before responding if that's your intent. These 5 individuals are the 5 most important figures IMO to the current success of the Grip World today! Their influence, history, involvement, successes, contributions, etc... are enormous!!!

Ask yourself some questions here:

What if Warren Tetting would have never made and offered for sale his grippers back in late 1964 in Iron Man magazine? This begs the question of what if Peary and Mable Rader would have never published Iron Man magazine?

What if David Horne never accomplished his feats of Grip ultimately setting the bar for others?

What if Richard Sorin would have decided to stay anonymous in sharing his feats with his hands?

What if Richard would have never visited the Stark Museum back in 1993 where he first met Terry Todd?

What about the Blob?

What if Randall Strossen had not continued on with his own line of grippers? What if he would have just decided well

if I can't get Warren to make my grippers I guess I just won't sale grippers!

What if we took the Milo publication out of the equation? Take Captains of Crush out of the equation?

What about Randy's introduction to Joe Kinney (false or not)? This story literally changed the Grip Community forever!!! It's influence has spurred hundreds of ideas on grip training not to mention the inspiration it gave thousands of people to start grip and test for themselves just how far the human can go with a gripper!

Now for the name that I would bet most wouldn't have considered and that's Bill Piche, (Wannagrip) who created the

Grip Board!

I could ask a hundred questions on this name for sure but for starters:

What if the Grip Board was never created? Where would we be folks?

Mash Monster Certs? Where would be and who would we be deprived of ever knowing existed?

There'a very interesting story behind the creation and foundation of the GB that Bill was kind and generous enough to share with me that I plan on sharing here as well but for now just start asking yourself questions about any one of these 5 individuals and just imagine the current state of affairs with any single one of them removed from the equation!

Believe me! It's mind numbing to imagine jut where we would be without the "BIG 5"!!!

Lastly, I mean no disrespect whatsoever by not mentioning other names that are also displayed on the Grip Wall of Fame (GWOF)! With considerable thought and reflection in my own grip career these 5 names are key in my estimation and stood out as "key" figures in the evolution of Grip today!!!

Thanks for reading and considering asking your own questions here!!!

Any additional thoughts???

I LOVE GRIP!!!