Mighty Joe's Wall Of Grip Video Series!

mightyjoe

Another great video Joe. That shirt you wore blended in with the wall of grippers very well.

These tips have really been invaluable to me, Joe, and a real revelation. I'm a complete greenhorn at this stuff and I train alone, so it would have taken me quite a while to stumble upon these things independently. I was making decent progress before, but everything has improved exponentially across the board this past month. Thanks again man.

These tips have really been invaluable to me, Joe, and a real revelation. I'm a complete greenhorn at this stuff and I train alone, so it would have taken me quite a while to stumble upon these things independently. I was making decent progress before, but everything has improved exponentially across the board this past month. Thanks again man.

It's amazing how those seemingly small additions to your technique can make such a difference. After watching Jedd Johnsons "Crush" DVD where he talks about supinating during your gripper close, I got some solid improvement. When I started, I couldn't close a #1, now I'm mashing a #2.5 regularly. I'd like to think I'm simply getting "stronger" but I believe a large majority of my improvement has come from tips like these and technique improvements. It's a huge part of the gripper game. You'd be taking a seriously long road by not learning and absorbing techniques like these.

It's amazing how those seemingly small additions to your technique can make such a difference. After watching Jedd Johnsons "Crush" DVD where he talks about supinating during your gripper close, I got some solid improvement. When I started, I couldn't close a #1, now I'm mashing a #2.5 regularly. I'd like to think I'm simply getting "stronger" but I believe a large majority of my improvement has come from tips like these and technique improvements. It's a huge part of the gripper game. You'd be taking a seriously long road by not learning and absorbing techniques like these.

Thanks Bro.

Okay my friends, here's a sneak peak at the "Grip Wall of Fame" at 85% completion!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10598

I intentionally sized it so details couldn't be easily recognized until I can do video #5.

I get bombarded every day with e-mails to reveal the GWOF! This is wearing me out folks!

So here's the pic when it was nearly done. I have plans for the weekend and will probably

not get to do video #5 so I thought it would only be fair to those that are patiently waiting to

get a LOOK at this Wall.

There's details here that only can be explained by myself so this will have to wait till video #5.

I don't feel like I need to apologize anymore for delays because I simply doing the BEST I can

with the TIME I have.

Would have really liked to have seen more input from the many veterans of the GB but HEY I'm

happy thus far as to how it's went and all the great support I've had here.

Actually, a trip I'm going on tomorrow has something to do with these videos. Hopefully it will

be a treat here at the GB! This weekend I have my grandson to watch and play with so my time will

be devoted to him.

Thanks guys!!!

• Like 1

Looks great so far. Brought back some memories for me...I had one of the grippers where you add springs to make it harder back in high school. Mine was in black but it looked like your red one. Also I was really into metal shop In HS and made a gripper machine like the big one you had on the floor. Mine was not as nice and did not operate smoothly but it worked. I wish I still had it. I guess I have been into grip before but I did not have any attention span in High school.

Okay my friends, here's a sneak peak at the "Grip Wall of Fame" at 85% completion!

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10598

I intentionally sized it so details couldn't be easily recognized until I can do video #5.

I get bombarded every day with e-mails to reveal the GWOF! This is wearing me out folks!

So here's the pic when it was nearly done. I have plans for the weekend and will probably

not get to do video #5 so I thought it would only be fair to those that are patiently waiting to

get a LOOK at this Wall.

There's details here that only can be explained by myself so this will have to wait till video #5.

I don't feel like I need to apologize anymore for delays because I simply doing the BEST I can

with the TIME I have.

Would have really liked to have seen more input from the many veterans of the GB but HEY I'm

happy thus far as to how it's went and all the great support I've had here.

Actually, a trip I'm going on tomorrow has something to do with these videos. Hopefully it will

be a treat here at the GB! This weekend I have my grandson to watch and play with so my time will

be devoted to him.

Thanks guys!!!.....Take your time, Joe, as you have a life to enjoy outside of grip stuff.

The picture on your wall of Gary "The Grip" Stitch" was one I have not seen in a long time. I remember that he had a record on a plateloaded gripper of 310 pounds at one time. I am not sure of the legitimacy of it, but your wall and grip tools are both fantastic.

Are those the sweet custom AtomzGrip mirror finish grippers? The ones that are stamped "Mighty Joe" on the handles? Those are unbelievable!

Joe, You have beautiful collection of grippers and I think many people wants to see also pictures! :grin:

i-225.jpg

Joe, You have beautiful collection of grippers and I think many people wants to see also pictures! :grin:

i-225.jpg

Arian,

That picture right there is why I am so anxious to get my own Python gripper with the black anodized knurled handles, custom stamped of course. They look awesome!

Maybe if there is enough interest from other gripboard members you'll be able to source anodized knurled handles again?

Joe,

The wall looks great, can't wait for the video!

Joe, are you actively working on TNS closing that Narrow Elite that's in your signature?

Arian,

That picture right there is why I am so anxious to get my own Python gripper with the black anodized knurled handles, custom stamped of course. They look awesome!

Maybe if there is enough interest from other gripboard members you'll be able to source anodized knurled handles again?

Magnus,

I have a problems with anodizing, if I solve then I do black anodized handles!

Edited by Draught-Player

Joe, are you actively working on TNS closing that Narrow Elite that's in your signature?

Yes! Very much so Ben!

The Animal Hunter Series grippers have been an enormous training tool to help me progress to my goal.

Thanks for asking brother!!!

Great series of videos, keep it up! I'm a newbie and I had not seen these tips before. After I tried it out I noticed a definite improvement! Thanks!

those black handles are beyond cool!

Python Grip is AWESOME grippers!

Arian (Draught-Player) is a pleasure to deal with as well. He's TOPS

in my book!

• Like 1

Great series of videos, keep it up! I'm a newbie and I had not seen these tips before. After I tried it out I noticed a definite improvement! Thanks!

Thanks! Please keep in mind that the anatomical advantage tips for closing grippers was

taught in Jedd Johnson's DVD, CRUSH prior to me giving these tips on my video series.

I do not want credit for coming up with these tips before anyone else. I will say that I did discover these

advantages through self-experimentation and study of anatomy.

Magnus, I can't speak for individuals but I had not seen this mentioned nor brought up even by the most

experienced gripsters out there. I've noticed the lack of feedback as well and I can only assume the reasons except

to say some people just don't post unless it has their interests in mind. I'm speaking for myself as well. There's many times

I could and want to comment about numerous topics but I simply don't have the time to sit here and type a 30 minute reply.

I'm assuming this is probably the main reason. One thing I can assure you is these techniques will work for anyone and

everyone! Without a doubt! I've noticed in my testing that after the subject has grooved these motor patterns and have

practiced in several times, their numbers ALWAYS go up.

Which brings up another topic of setting grippers. In one of my future videos I'm going to go over several things that

I've discovered about setting grippers that I've yet to see as well. Again, it has to do with anatomy!

What lesson is to be learned from what I've just said? Study anatomy folks! Understand the why and the how of everything you do.

If you can't answer why you're doing a movement, don't do it until you answer that question! Why? I'll answer this in another video

in the series.

Joe, I'm enjoying the heck out of your videos too!

The first time I saw the wrist flexed or cocked (whatever you want to call it) at about that angle when closing a gripper was in 2002 at the Super Grip Challenge. Kevin Fulton (1999 certified COC) did that. I was remembering that the other day because it stuck out and I tried it on the spot and got weaker. These days I do a very slight flex though. It looks like Paul Knight does too but I could be wrong. I think Josh does too.

Awesome Joe! On 9.01 FBBC Crusher 3"?

YES!!! You got it my friend! Good eye!

That's nasty! The 2.5" Crusher was hard enough without making it 1/2" larger diameter.

Here's video #2 of my series on my Gripper Collection:

Sorry for the delay!

Hope you enjoy and possibly benefit from my efforts!

I LOVE Grip!!!

Wanted to tell you that I love the idea of the shorty gripper lineup! One of the grippers that I kick myself for getting rid of is the "shorty" #2 that I had for a while. Can't remember who I got it from. Austin Slater maybe? I was trading and buying so many grippers back then it's impossible to remember where I got them all. It was pretty dang hard and definitely helped me get to closing my Super Master.

Plus it was just a great TNS challenge gripper!

Also enjoyed hearing that you and Tetting came up with the 5/8" handle grippers first. I just wrongly assumed they had been around for years but weren't much in vogue because they make things so much harder. I don't like smooth 5/8" handles because that just seems too hard to get any type of grip on. Now, knurl the heck out of the handles and give me 5/8" and I'm all for it! Like the 5/8" Super Master I bought from Matt Cannon recently. That is one sweet gripper.

Enjoying the videos Joe! Your grip tips are very useful regardless of where they came from first. I'm sure more people will benefit from your ideas than you'll ever realize. Some of this stuff we do naturally, but putting it all into words gives us that conscious awareness to fully optimize the tension and effectiveness to use our gifts at a higher level. Thank you.

Don't get so hung up on the criticism, just keep doing what makes you happy. You'll never please everyone.

Enjoying the videos Joe! Your grip tips are very useful regardless of where they came from first. I'm sure more people will benefit from your ideas than you'll ever realize. Some of this stuff we do naturally, but putting it all into words gives us that conscious awareness to fully optimize the tension and effectiveness to use our gifts at a higher level. Thank you.

Don't get so hung up on the criticism, just keep doing what makes you happy. You'll never please everyone.

Danny, you absolutely made my day buddy!

You just gave me the boost I needed!

I've been really down and out the last week or so from an onslaught of anonymous comments

over my video series and I really beat myself up over this because I'm so passionate about what

I do and I really do enjoy helping people. It's just beyond me why anyone would try and discourage anyone

that's trying so hard to help others and at the same time contribute in some positive way to this wonderful sport

we call GRIP!

Thought you guys might like these pics I took from the Stark Museum last Friday:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10608

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10609

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10610

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10611

Hope these keep your interest while I work on another video for my series!!!

ENJOY!!!