Joe Kinney

grippers777

Why do not people start to train like joe kinney! like squats for reps in the mornings and builds grip machines and does negatives with heavy grippers? he have closed the number "captains of crush no 4" like nobdy else! why do not people want to listen to the king ! MR JOE KINNEY!!

I am telling you from my experience people are different they train what is good and works for them.What worked for Joe Kinney maybe doesn t work for you,me or somebody else.the best way to train is what works for you.

Edited by eduard23
  • Like 1

if I'm not mistaken I think he destroyed his hands pretty bad which is why some people are hesitant to do so many negatives yet still many of the best do the same. Also his old #4 close has been done by several of the top guys with mms like he did. Also I remember reading there was a lot of controversy over the #4 close he did on his video despite fact noone denies he has closed the #4.

• Like 1

if I'm not mistaken I think he destroyed his hands pretty bad which is why some people are hesitant to do so many negatives yet still many of the best do the same. Also his old #4 close has been done by several of the top guys with mms like he did. Also I remember reading there was a lot of controversy over the #4 close he did on his video despite fact noone denies he has closed the #4.

ok! he could easily fit a credit card between that close! and he crushes beer cans like nobody else! i going to try his training methods and see what happens! :D

ok! he could easily fit a credit card between that close! and he crushes beer cans like nobody else! i going to try his training methods and see what happens! :D

Be careful and make sure to start training slowly so that you don't get injured. Let your hands toughen up before jumping into a training program like his.

• Like 1

Good luck man! :)

Thanks! he also talks alot about determination! and he did not use chalk either! :)

Be careful and make sure to start training slowly so that you don't get injured. Let your hands toughen up before jumping into a training program like his.

ok! chez! i wonder if kinney could close coc 3 right know ? what do you think ? :)

I'm not sure Joe Kinney would train like Joe Kinney if he had to do it over again. Would be a good question for somebody to ask him. Longevity in this sport doesn't just effect your gripper performance, but could certainly impact other areas of your life, depending on what you like to do.

• Like 1

Also I remember reading there was a lot of controversy over the #4 close he did on his video despite fact no one denies he has closed the #4.

Uh...what? You haven't read enough Joe Kinney threads or talked to enough gripsters then if you think nobody denies or doubts that Kinney closed the #4.

Why do not people start to train like joe kinney! like squats for reps in the mornings and builds grip machines and does negatives with heavy grippers? he have closed the number "captains of crush no 4" like nobdy else! why do not people want to listen to the king ! MR JOE KINNEY!!

Are you selling Joe Kinney memorabilia? Or simply enthusiastic. Or 15. Or both.

My advice to you is do some research into the myriad of training methods for grippers. THEN actually do a few years of hard training. Then go back and read your original post.

• Like 1

If you're serious about grip strength, and you're planning to stick to this a long time, then you'll have to put a lot of mental effort into your training. Train your mind, then train your body. Without a trained mind, you can jump into something stupid that you'll regret later on.

That being said, do your research and then do your best. Good luck on the #4 close.

Make sure you cert on the #3 and #3.5 first, if you get there. Or else you'll turn into a silver gorilla...

Edited by TentacleGrip
  • Like 2

Joe Kinney the best grip in the world! he closed the coc4 1998! and nobody have done the same thing that he did yet.....

Joe Kinney the best grip in the world! he closed the coc4 1998! and nobody have done the same thing that he did yet.....

lot of grip guys have closed the #4 with a deep set which he did for ironmind. He has not under certified contest or with referee done a ccs of any number 4 to my knowledge. Also he still has damage to his hands from all the negatives he did. Also just crush grip is one thing but grip is a lot of variables like thickbar,pinch, bending ext. For crush grip I still think magnus closing the #4 without his pinkey was pretty impressive. He also held the wr in the rolling thunder for awhile yet has not been into training as much anymore.

Edited by yummy
  • Like 1

lot of grip guys have closed the #4 with a deep set which he did for ironmind. He has not under certified contest or with referee done a ccs of any number 4 to my knowledge. Also he still has damage to his hands from all the negatives he did. Also just crush grip is one thing but grip is a lot of variables like thickbar,pinch, bending ext. For crush grip I still think magnus closing the #4 without his pinkey was pretty impressive. He also held the wr in the rolling thunder for awhile yet has not been into training as much anymore.

ok! but on his dvd! he could easy fit a credit card! and grind the handles 7-10 seconds!!

ok! but on his dvd! he could easy fit a credit card! and grind the handles 7-10 seconds!!

So then go do it! Train like Joe Kinney. Nobody on this forum will stop you.

Folks are just saying, severe, high rep negatives, are an advanced technique, that have potential downsides. Some folks do them successfully, and manage the risk well, when they get the experience and knowledge to do so.

• Like 1

Folks are just saying, severe, high rep negatives, are an advanced technique, that have potential downsides. Some folks do them successfully, and manage the risk well, when they get the experience and knowledge to do so.

yeah i know! that is a risk you have to take! if you want to close coc 4!

Yeah, have at it!

Yeah, have at it!

guys! i know you get upset when a noob comes and says a thing like this! but i am just saying it for fun! and because i want to close the 4! :) peace!

Here we go again ...

• Like 3

Here we go again ...

paul! have you met kinney? or talked! do you know how you could contact him ?

Paul IS Kinney... Or should I say, Kinney's clone in disguise!

No two men could have Iron talons like they do, it's the only logical conclusion.

Paul IS Kinney... Or should I say, Kinney's clone in disguise!

No two men could have Iron talons like they do, it's the only logical conclusion.

why havent i seen a video of paul grinding a 4 from ccs ?