3 Event Total (gripper/pinch/axle)

AdamTGlass

AdamTGlass

Could we have a thread started tracking scores for 3 lift total?

Yeah, I'm really hoping certain people make it into the elite division :whistel

Kashtan

Axle in two hands, also two hands in the pinch, in grippers to do the very easy set - offer clamps and handles parallels. Otherwise, those who are strong in grippers will lag behind those who are strong in a pinch, and axle.

Cannon

Axle in two hands, also two hands in the pinch, in grippers to do the very easy set - offer clamps and handles parallels. Otherwise, those who are strong in grippers will lag behind those who are strong in a pinch, and axle.

I didn't quite understand this? If you're weak on grippers, that will just hurt your total. I'm weak on axle and it hurts my total. Your total is your total.

On the other hand, I've been lobbying for Elite totals for the lighter classes because it's unreasonable for lighter guys to total 800, but I think it would be nice to recogize the top guys in the established classes. I also think it makes the total more relevant. Right now it only matters for a handful of guys who are near 800.

climber511

Best total for each class now is what? That might be a good start to figuring out what numbers to use.

120+...Woodall...885

120....Acorn.....806

105....Durniat...892

93.....Milfeld...756

83.....Milfeld...715

66.....Cannon....576

This is not meant to be any final or all-encompassing list. I'm just pulling reported numbers and updated with the highest for each class reported so far. If yours is higher, just post your results.

Pulling numbers from this thread as well.

http://www.gripboard...=0

Edited by Cannon
updated with numbers
Cannon

I agree Chris. And I think it's important that the athlete made weight for ALL THREE lifts, otherwise you get bumped.

As we complie this list, it would be great if people referenced the contest during which the lift was performed rather than just report numbers.

I'll report my 74k total after Saturday's decathlon, but I anticipate about 630. I also **MIGHT** be light enough to slide into the 66k class but don't really plan on watching my intake this week so maybe not.

My guess is Reinard has the highest 83k total from last year. I PM'd him.

climber511

It's going to be hard to get good numbers from the past as far as point calibrated weigh ins went but I think for the purpose of just trying to discover what numbers we might want to use as far as determining Elite status - uncalibrated body weights should work just fine. After the numbers are decided then we can go forward.

Cannon

It's going to be hard to get good numbers from the past as far as point calibrated weigh ins went but I think for the purpose of just trying to discover what numbers we might want to use as far as determining Elite status - uncalibrated body weights should work just fine. After the numbers are decided then we can go forward.

Makes sense.

Here is what I got from Daniel:

Actual total=175.2+205.5+355.3=736#

175.2 gripper done at my Diablo Rock comp Feb 2012

205.5 2HP done at Jedd's WSH leg 3 Oct 2011

355.3 axle done at Aaron's Cactus comp March 2012

I only weighed 83kg for the 2HP, and have been 93kg since.

I started editing your post, Chris, as we find numbers.

climber511

My best total would be 742#. Done as a 93K lifter - and point calibrated (Gripmas) except on the gripper - that was done at GGC with no weigh in. (would still have been under though)

Cannon

I do keep forgetting that the whole point of the Elite total was to separate out the true "monsters" in competition. Totals for the lower classes wouldn't really serve any purpose except that person could claim to be "Elite." For example, I would not want to be forced to class-up just because I scored an Elite total in a lower class.

daniel reinard

I do keep forgetting that the whole point of the Elite total was to separate out the true "monsters" in competition. Totals for the lower classes wouldn't really serve any purpose except that person could claim to be "Elite." I would not want to be forced to class-up just because I scored an Elite total in a lower class.

Exactly bro. Weight classes are good to get rolling in the sport but if someone eventually scores 800 then they are ready to play with the big dawgs regardless of weight.

Kashtan

I didn't quite understand this? If you're weak on grippers, that will just hurt your total. I'm weak on axle and it hurts my total. Your total is your total.

On the other hand, I've been lobbying for Elite totals for the lighter classes because it's unreasonable for lighter guys to total 800, but I think it would be nice to recogize the top guys in the established classes. I also think it makes the total more relevant. Right now it only matters for a handful of guys who are near 800.

I grippers keep up and pinch and axle. I mean that in any case, the result of grippers (MMS), will give way, and pinching and axle. Why not make the set gripper a choker? The result will rise by 10-20% compared with MMS, and is comparable to the pinch! This is just my suggestion.

Kashtan

Then we obtain the changes in the results are as follows:

Andrew Durniat

Gripper - 214

2HP - 235.03

Axle - 475.43

Total - 924,46

Chad Woodall

Grippers - 212

2HP - 245

Axle - 441

Total - 898

AdamTGlass

Glass you probably have a good 120 or even 105 total..?

2011-2012

Pinch 240

Axle 407 (get ready to see that explode on Saturday)

Gripper 183

Going off of last 4 weeks of training, I am aiming for a 245-248/458-463/186-189 this weekend...BW will be between 216-219 depending on status of Stuffed Crust pizza delivery Friday night.

andurniat

Andrew Durniat

Gripper - 214

2HP - 235.03

Axle - 475.43

Total - 924,46

Chad Woodall

Grippers - 212

2HP - 245

Axle - 441

Total - 898

That 214 was in a choker, not MMS. 199 I believe is my best MMS, Woodall comp in 2010?

climber511

Glass you probably have a good 120 or even 105 total..?

2011-2012

Pinch 240

Axle 407 (get ready to see that explode on Saturday)

Gripper 183

Going off of last 4 weeks of training, I am aiming for a 245-248/458-463/186-189 this weekend...BW will be between 216-219 depending on status of Stuffed Crust pizza delivery Friday night.

Those numbers will be pretty freaky at that body weight! Good Luck!

Cannon

Andrew Durniat

Gripper - 214

2HP - 235.03

Axle - 475.43

Total - 924,46

Chad Woodall

Grippers - 212

2HP - 245

Axle - 441

Total - 898

That 214 was in a choker, not MMS. 199 I believe is my best MMS, Woodall comp in 2010?

I finally figured out he is suggesting that choker numbers should be used so that totals are higher.

Kashtan

Andrew Durniat

Gripper - 214

2HP - 235.03

Axle - 475.43

Total - 924,46

Chad Woodall

Grippers - 212

2HP - 245

Axle - 441

Total - 898

This was the my suggestion: take into account the choker, but not MMS.

andurniat

Andrew Durniat

Gripper - 214

2HP - 235.03

Axle - 475.43

Total - 924,46

Chad Woodall

Grippers - 212

2HP - 245

Axle - 441

Total - 898

This was the my suggestion: take into account the choker, but not MMS.

My top gripper in a choker is 224.27 (Gripmas 2011), bodyweight still under 105kg

climber511

I do keep forgetting that the whole point of the Elite total was to separate out the true "monsters" in competition. Totals for the lower classes wouldn't really serve any purpose except that person could claim to be "Elite." I would not want to be forced to class-up just because I scored an Elite total in a lower class.

Exactly bro. Weight classes are good to get rolling in the sport but if someone eventually scores 800 then they are ready to play with the big dawgs regardless of weight.

Now that weight classes are being implemented I look at this weight class Elite thing "now" as just a prestige thing - something to shoot for as a competitor - about like Power Lifting has (and they have it for all weight classes). As time goes on better numbers will be obtained of course but having a sort of baseline to work towards always helps - as long as you don't allow it to become a kind of mental limit either. In a class well represented over a period of several years I think the top so many percent results might be considered Elite - an example might be if 100 lifters compete in a given class - the top five could be considered Elite (or pick a number). But until such time as that happens the best we can do is do our best to guesstimate where we think that line should lie.

Cannon

Now that weight classes are being implemented I look at this weight class Elite thing "now" as just a prestige thing - something to shoot for as a competitor - about like Power Lifting has (and they have it for all weight classes). As time goes on better numbers will be obtained of course but having a sort of baseline to work towards always helps - as long as you don't allow it to become a kind of mental limit either. In a class well represented over a period of several years I think the top so many percent results might be considered Elite - an example might be if 100 lifters compete in a given class - the top five could be considered Elite (or pick a number). But until such time as that happens the best we can do is do our best to guesstimate where we think that line should lie.

I like this point, Chris. That's how I see it too.

daniel reinard

You guys see it as a prestige title not a seperate class? Or is that just for lower weight class elites, not the unlimited elites?