Race To The Red Nail

Chez

Wow, a warm up of 15 60D bends? Is that typical?

My 60d's arent all that great. They range from very easy (as easy as green nail) to little above blue nail. So it is a mixture of both easy and hard.

Time to get back into the bending! Haven't bent in what feels like a loooooooooooooooong time but I'm committed to getting this Red Nail so I found a few sites and ordered some new stock. Will log in a heavy bending workout this weekend to get back in this race. I'm going to stick with the Wrist Developer for all my reverse bending to save on steel and focus heavily on Double Overhand for all my bolts and nails for now. Every now and then I might bend a nail or two in reverse style but for the most part it will be the Wrist Developer from David Horne's website.

Just finished my workout. Whew! Nailed a 7" FBBC Square. I did not get the Red. I actually didn't even crush it as far as I did last week. Still I am pleased with it, and my progress. I couldn't even bend a Yellow 3 months ago. I'm stickin' with it and hopefully I will have a Red bend to share with you guys soon, followed by my certification! I'll pray you do well with your cert Alawadhi! Here's the vid!

wow, terrific progress Isiah. Good luck on the cert Alawadhi. I'm a little beat up at the moment so I gotta stay away from bending. I also have grip nationals coming up that I'm preparing for and there is no bending in that. I plan on really kicking things up once I heal up and nationals is over.

Do well at your competition Chez! Hope to see some video!

Isaiah - that's still a great bend! One can't PR all the time. It helps to have a back off week now and then.

True that Martin. True that.

Anybody out there know what a 7" x 5/16" piece of HRS Steel (from FBBC) calibrates at on average? Curious if it's stronger or weaker than M or N Level 0-1 Drillrod which typically calibrates at 405# (give or take a few #'s).

Thanks guys :rock Idiedintothe very nice attempt on the Red Dragon! I am sure soon you will bend it no problem.

Well, I finally got this daffy bastard bent.

• Like 2

Nice! Its funny. I'm the total opposite of you. I struggle with the initial kink but the crush down is usually easy for me. Once I get the initial bend, I'm golden.

Haha... It's an example of technique versus brute strength. Seriously Chez once you get your tech down you're going to be smashing through everything. I'm going to be starting a new workout program soon. I'm looking forward to gaining some strength to use for the crush!

Haha... It's an example of technique versus brute strength. Seriously Chez once you get your tech down you're going to be smashing through everything. I'm going to be starting a new workout program soon. I'm looking forward to gaining some strength to use for the crush!

true, never been much of a technique guy. "Hulk Smash!" :D I wanna see you on that list, so keep plugging away. I might have to bend a little today after watching that video.

Well, I finally got this daffy bastard bent.

Wow, way to go bro! Watching that video just seriously made we wanna bend hardcore right now. My motivation just took a nice leap forward. From not being able to bend a yellow to crushing a red in a few months. You made it look effortless.

Couldn't help myself after watching that bend. I warmed up with a few grade 2 bolts and tried one of the grade 5's Chez gave me. Was able to kink it but not much further. My limiting factor was the pain in my fingers and some in my chest which is understandable because I did a grip and upper body workout yesterday. I'll try again next time I'm more rested.

true, never been much of a technique guy. "Hulk Smash!" :D I wanna see you on that list, so keep plugging away. I might have to bend a little today after watching that video.

Hahaha... Exactly. I'll keep at it! You keep at it too! Get that technique down and smash this Red!

Couldn't help myself after watching that bend. I warmed up with a few grade 2 bolts and tried one of the grade 5's Chez gave me. Was able to kink it but not much further. My limiting factor was the pain in my fingers and some in my chest which is understandable because I did a grip and upper body workout yesterday. I'll try again next time I'm more rested.

Keep at it Brian! That G5 is a big step!

Congrats Isaiah!!! Way to stick with it.

Decided to do some 60d speed bends last night in preparation for hopefully destroying a couple new pieces this Saturday:

• 7 x .302 "N" 0-1 Drillrod
  • 7 x .295 "M" 0-1 Drillrod

Both are calibrated at about 405#.

You inspired me Isaiah. This is my best so far with a pre-kinked red nail. I'm all crush down and no starting technique. Strong language in the music so don't watch it around kids.

Nice Chez! Crazy crush strength. Man, keep workin' on your sweep technique and get it down! Your crush strength is already there man, only the kink to worry about!

Nice bends gentlemen! On to the cert :rock as for me i am still waiting for IM to find me a witness.

Can I get a witness? Hey!

First full grade 5 bolt bend today:

Good bend! As for me i did a sessions yesturday and couldnt even bend a bastard at any time haha. Seems we all get bad days