Reggie Ward Memorial Tournament, May 12th

iamsean11

Here is the link for the upcoming arm wrestling tournament in Connecticut. It will be on May 12th in Bristol, so about a 2 hour drive from NYC. I hope to see some of you there!

Also, post if you plan to attend and your category.

I will be in the right and left novice 177-198, and the left open 188-220.

http://www.northeastboard.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=tourneys&thread=24360&page=1

Sean

wow. that is literary the day after my finals week and its not very far away. I'm definitely going to try and make it dude. I gotta check my finals schedule and then I'll let you know for sure. Sounds like fun. Never did arm wrestling before. Probably get my ass kicked but a great experience. Thanks for the info.

wow. that is literary the day after my finals week and its not very far away. I'm definitely going to try and make it dude. I gotta check my finals schedule and then I'll let you know for sure. Sounds like fun. Never did arm wrestling before. Probably get my ass kicked but a great experience. Thanks for the info.

I hear ya. It is the day after my last final for the semester, and I will be driving home to Chicago for the summer, so I will be going right to CT for the tourney then continuing home afterwards.

Keep me updated if you think you will make it. 224-678-5050 We can get dinner after or something..

Sean

Competing Right and Left in the 0-154lb Open Class for this one. Right now I'm sitting in at around 157 or so but hopefully there's a clothing allowance so I don't have to worry about cutting any weight.

The good thing is that the 3 of us are in different weight classes. Sean competes at little less than 200 and I'm about 255-260 so we can cheer each other on without having to face each other. I trained some arm wrestling specific stuff again tonight. Getting excited.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, hows your training going for the tournament? Figured I'd put in my 2 cents of what I've been doing so far to prepare. Well first off, I have a big NYC tournament the 28th and then the Reggie Ward tournament 2 weeks after that. Last night was my last official practice before i stop pulling to let my tendons heal (this was like my 3rd intense practice in a week so my tendons are shot!). Next week will be only Muscle training and will back off bending, grippers or anything intense that effects the tiny muscles and tedons. Focus will heavily on biceps and back.

By the 21st I will stop working out all together to let everything get back up to 100%. This will let me peak right for the day of the tournament. After the tournament I'll probably throw in a extremely intense full body session mid week to then back off and rest up for the Reggie Ward tournament.

The closer you get to the tournament, the more specific the training should be so I've been really focusing in on static holds in a hammer curl position and extremely intense workouts getting as close to a 1 rep max as I can.

Before I forget, I emailed the promoter and there allowing a 3lb clothing allowance so keep that in mind. It didn't seem completely official and even though I have the message saved, this is a new venue for me and I'm not sure how they operate yet so just hoping they honor the 3lb clothing allowance. I can make weight if I really need to but would rather not have to cut a few pounds if I don't have to.

I wish I had training partners. Not many guys at my school interested in any form of strength training. I have just been lifting heavy and trying to focus on exercises that I believe will help me in arm wrestling. No matter what, I'm going to have fun and try to learn as much as possible.

RIght now I am practicing every Sunday with my team, and during the week I mix it up. I usually do chest on Monday or Tuesday while I am still sore, as well as legs. Wednesday I do static hammer work, as well as rows, and reverse flys, etc..

My gripper work is suffering because my arms scream from the tendon pain, but it is getting better. I had a great gripper workout this week and it was tolerable. I am loading my arms up with liniment every day, and I also wear compression sleeves throughout the week and it has actually helped a lot. The sleeves were the only thing I changed since last week and I felt recovery was vastly improved.

This week will be a bit of a change because my loading pin is coming for my rolling thunder, as well as some IM nails, so I am going to be having some fun. I am new to both, so it will be a week of learning.

For mental toughness I have been drinking battery acid and laying on hot coals. ...just kidding. :yikes

T-minus 27 days till the tourney!!

RIght now I am practicing every Sunday with my team, and during the week I mix it up. I usually do chest on Monday or Tuesday while I am still sore, as well as legs. Wednesday I do static hammer work, as well as rows, and reverse flys, etc..

My gripper work is suffering because my arms scream from the tendon pain, but it is getting better. I had a great gripper workout this week and it was tolerable. I am loading my arms up with liniment every day, and I also wear compression sleeves throughout the week and it has actually helped a lot. The sleeves were the only thing I changed since last week and I felt recovery was vastly improved.

This week will be a bit of a change because my loading pin is coming for my rolling thunder, as well as some IM nails, so I am going to be having some fun. I am new to both, so it will be a week of learning.

For mental toughness I have been drinking battery acid and laying on hot coals. ...just kidding. :yikes

T-minus 27 days till the tourney!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

hows your tourney prep going? I never reported back on how my tournament went from the 28th. Alot of people ended up showing up so it took a very long time to process each match. I think I got 4 matches in within the span of 4 hours. I had been studying for a big exam the next day so my prep sucked! Left handed I won 2 out 3 matches and right handed I lost my first 2 matches but it's expected because I'm a lefty and my right is horrible. Anyway now that my test is over and my mind is more clear and I focus more on arm wrestling. See you guys soon!

Hey guys,

hows your tourney prep going? I never reported back on how my tournament went from the 28th. Alot of people ended up showing up so it took a very long time to process each match. I think I got 4 matches in within the span of 4 hours. I had been studying for a big exam the next day so my prep sucked! Left handed I won 2 out 3 matches and right handed I lost my first 2 matches but it's expected because I'm a lefty and my right is horrible. Anyway now that my test is over and my mind is more clear and I focus more on arm wrestling. See you guys soon!

I'm in Finals hell right now. I'm just going to do my best and get the experience of competing. I look forward to meeting you though. What your name by the way?

Hey guys, wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting with the both of you and had a lot of fun at the tournament. I'll be uploading the videos of the tournament hopefully soon. Sean, big thanks for that horse racing gel! It helped me to warm up and I'm definitely going to have to invest in that. Your a pretty strong dude and congrats on third place! That's pretty damn impressive with this being your second tournament. You look to have a great team and a bright future in the sport. Chez, you have a sick amount of potential and that grip strength is going to pay off if you stick with arm wrestling. You have the brute strength needed, once you get even just a little bit of the technique down your going to dominate.

I'll keep you guys posted on any upcoming NY,CT or PA tournaments I hear of and hopefully we can link up again and pull.

• Like 1

It was a pleasure meeting you guys. Had a lot of fun. Looking forward to practicing and doing it again soon.