Everlast store-bought hand gripper

cjbeeps

I only recently discovered the GripBoard and GripPage. One article mentioned the use of a heavy-duty store-bought gripper like the Everlast for training the open hand position. Where can this gripper be found? I use the Captains of Crush and the BeefBuilder grippers and can currently close the No. 2 with my right hand. I would like to try this Everlast gripper but the store-bought grippers in my country (Trinidad and Tobago) are very easy to close.

I appreciate any responses.

Chester

cjbeeps-If you can close the #2 gripper, then the store bought gripper will be a waste of your time.  To better work your open hand strength for crushing, I would recommend having a welder make you a plate loading gripper machine where the handles are parallel to each other.  The resistance on this machine remaons consistent throughout the range of motion.  With a plate loading machine the advantage is as you get stronger you can add more weight.  To increase open hand strength for pinching, make yourself a 4" wide pinch block out of wood, and put a strong hook into the bottom of it where you can hang your weights from a chain or rope.  Order "Mastery of Hand Strength" from Ironmind, as this book has many ideas on how you can increase your grip strength using ordinary objects and tools, and also illustrates the grip machine I am talking about.  I hope this helps.  Steve Weiner