Silverback Is Down.

silverbackgrip

And the truth will set you free. Heal up and video up. Mash away SB! Looking forward to seeing more.

O.K. guys, back on topic then...everybody knows that Euclides seems to have/has made stunning progress - from a mere #2.5 to a #3.5 CCS(!) in a matter of months. Does anybody know whether this would be a singular off-chart-achievement or is someone else known to have progressed similarly fast at or around this level of strength? Just curious...

I'm sure someone reading this thread knows more about this than me so please correct me if I'm wrong. If i'm not mistaken didn't Dave Morton close the #4 in 9 months? I read about this years ago when I first joined the board so I might be off but I think he was officialy certified on the #4 just 9-10 months after first trying a coc gripper.

I am pretty sure Morton closed the 3 right away with little to no gripper training? I think his base hand strength besides good genetics was due to cutting wire all day in his job?

I think I heard from someone that Morton was really into sledge hammer levering a while before he got into grippers. I forget the source. Good way to get a strong grip.

BTW, my personal favorite grip stud doesn't even have an internet video self posted anywhere.

Yeah, I do, dude.

O.K. guys, back on topic then...everybody knows that Euclides seems to have/has made stunning progress - from a mere #2.5 to a #3.5 CCS(!) in a matter of months. Does anybody know whether this would be a singular off-chart-achievement or is someone else known to have progressed similarly fast at or around this level of strength? Just curious...

I'm sure someone reading this thread knows more about this than me so please correct me if I'm wrong. If i'm not mistaken didn't Dave Morton close the #4 in 9 months? I read about this years ago when I first joined the board so I might be off but I think he was officialy certified on the #4 just 9-10 months after first trying a coc gripper.

I am pretty sure Morton closed the 3 right away with little to no gripper training? I think his base hand strength besides good genetics was due to cutting wire all day in his job?

I think I heard from someone that Morton was really into sledge hammer levering a while before he got into grippers. I forget the source. Good way to get a strong grip.

I believe he's also an electrician so I'm sure that didn't hurt

I, for one, appreciate the entertainment. Silverback's run was so good, it's almost better if the videos are faked and he's a troll.

None of this stuff is that serious.

• Like 1

I don't know about the rest of you, but me personally, I haven't been able to eat, sleep, or drink since getting word about this news.

Update:

Have still been having trouble eating and drinking since this news. Its been a couple of weeks already....lost ~15 pounds, strength has decreased >50%. I have nightmares on a regular basis, and have used up all my "sick" days at work. I may buy a gorilla suit and try wearing it throughout the day, it may help get me out of this rut. I haven't been this depressed since watching Bambi!!!

• Like 1

I don't know about the rest of you, but me personally, I haven't been able to eat, sleep, or drink since getting word about this news.

Update:

Have still been having trouble eating and drinking since this news. Its been a couple of weeks already....lost ~15 pounds, strength has decreased >50%. I have nightmares on a regular basis, and have used up all my "sick" days at work. I may buy a gorilla suit and try wearing it throughout the day, it may help get me out of this rut. I haven't been this depressed since watching Bambi!!!

Maybe you should do some feats of strength only in crowded gyms where the attention can feed your ego.

Oh wait... that's all you do anyway. :)

Update:

Maybe you should do some feats of strength only in crowded gyms where the attention can feed your ego.

LMFAO!!! Your obviously a fan of my youtube vids!! Thanks for watching them and stroking my ego. I feel strong like bull now!!

• Like 1

Update:

LMFAO!!! Your obviously a fan of my youtube vids!! Thanks for watching them and stroking my ego. I feel strong like bull now!!

You are correct sir. I DID subscribe for awhile. But I found the vid's very odd and not to my liking. Never at any time did I question your feats, they

were/are quite impressive. But I hate to say it... you are "that" guy in the gym. But I'm not telling you something you didn't already know. :)

Update:

You are correct sir. I DID subscribe for awhile. But I found the vid's very odd and not to my liking. Never at any time did I question your feats, they

were/are quite impressive. But I hate to say it... you are "that" guy in the gym. But I'm not telling you something you didn't already know. :)

I am "that" guy at the gym, and quite frankly have no qualms about it! I hit the weights, and often times get my steel bending training in at the same time. Quite honestly, its a great way to share the sport to the general public. I will have several people come and ask me questions on a daily basis. I share with the what I know, discuss about the benefits of grip/steel bending, and thats me done.

Update:

It seems that there is some activity on silverbacks website... There's now a picture of bigfoot holding a gripper... WTF?

It seems that there is some activity on silverbacks website... There's now a picture of bigfoot holding a gripper... WTF?

Meaning "was he real or not" :getlost: . Not the best way to respond to well founded doubts, IMO.

Update:

I am "that" guy at the gym, and quite frankly have no qualms about it! I hit the weights, and often times get my steel bending training in at the same time. Quite honestly, its a great way to share the sport to the general public. I will have several people come and ask me questions on a daily basis. I share with the what I know, discuss about the benefits of grip/steel bending, and thats me done.

Please tell me you don't carry water in a 1 gallon milk jug.

Take it to PM guys. Thanks.

Matt,

I would take this to PM, but my ego is so big it won't fit into the outbox-lol

• Like 3

Meaning "was he real or not" :getlost: . Not the best way to respond to well founded doubts, IMO.

Didn't think about it that way... he has become like an urban legend sort of. hopefully he comes back and doesn't follow in the steps of bigfoot, the hide-and-seek champion :grin:

• 1 year later...

He was funny in the videos.

Used to laugh hard when watching his videos.

It was before me using the gripboard so I dont know much more about him than what I saw in the videos.

Crazy guy.

Has anyone heard back from silver?

I figured he was still living at your house.

Awesome !!! :rock :rock :laugh

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...