Silverback Is Down.

silverbackgrip

Why isn't he showing proof, just a simple photo or video will take away all the speculation.

Perhaps he is as hard troll as blowtorch-foot tamp Timmy aka Tim. :laugh:bow

hello Heimo have you the Baseline test?

greeting

Why isn't he showing proof, just a simple photo or video will take away all the speculation.

greeting

Hi!

Can you send me your baseline? I try to squeeze it pieces.

greeting

Hi!

hahaha I think you might be able to 125kg make no more what you mean?

greeting

Hi!

I must try your baseline and then we know.

greeting

Hi!

Why mine? did you not? even if you can make far more than I you can never make Heimo

greeting

Hi!

Why mine? did you not? even if you can make far more than I you can never make Heimo

Because I dont have that baseline and I dont know no one who have baseline. You seems to have it.

greeting

Hi!

Because I dont have that baseline and I dont know no one who have baseline. You seems to have it.

yes I know but you would Heimo baseline looking to ruin I am a small fish'm not strong you're the champ, I do not you understand what I mean?

O.K. guys, back on topic then...everybody knows that Euclides seems to have/has made stunning progress - from a mere #2.5 to a #3.5 CCS(!) in a matter of months. Does anybody know whether this would be a singular off-chart-achievement or is someone else known to have progressed similarly fast at or around this level of strength? Just curious...

Wrong thread guys...
lol

About as productive a use as this thread is going to get :)

• Like 1

Wrong thread guys...
lol

About as productive a use as this thread is going to get :)

True dat

O.K. guys, back on topic then...everybody knows that Euclides seems to have/has made stunning progress - from a mere #2.5 to a #3.5 CCS(!) in a matter of months. Does anybody know whether this would be a singular off-chart-achievement or is someone else known to have progressed similarly fast at or around this level of strength? Just curious...

I'm sure someone reading this thread knows more about this than me so please correct me if I'm wrong. If i'm not mistaken didn't Dave Morton close the #4 in 9 months? I read about this years ago when I first joined the board so I might be off but I think he was officialy certified on the #4 just 9-10 months after first trying a coc gripper.

I'm sure someone reading this thread knows more about this than me so please correct me if I'm wrong. If i'm not mistaken didn't Dave Morton close the #4 in 9 months? I read about this years ago when I first joined the board so I might be off but I think he was officialy certified on the #4 just 9-10 months after first trying a coc gripper.

I am pretty sure Morton closed the 3 right away with little to no gripper training? I think his base hand strength besides good genetics was due to cutting wire all day in his job?

• Like 1

Forget Silverback. There's a new sheriff in town.

Check out wvhills video's.

:ohmy

Guys like Dave Morton, Tommy Helsep, Heath Sexton, Clay Edgin, etc.- They all made quite a few contacts in the grip world.

Silverback...never met but have been watching the vids and a strong guy. I hate to hear of people injured and truly hopes he makes a speedy reovery and hits those goals. The vids being down not sure on what that means but can't wait for the brother to head back to grippers and shut things down :rock

If you are going to make a world class claim, you need to back it up with more than a video. Period.

If you are the real deal, you will do one or more of the following:

1. Go to a contest

2. Participate in a strict cert

3. At minimum, perform the feat in front of someone that is impartial during a training session.

With one and two carrying the most weight by far.

Without doing one of those 3, a youtube video doesn't carry much value, other than entertainment purposes.

• Like 3

If you are going to make a world class claim, you need to back it up with more than a video. Period.

1. Go to a contest

3. At minimum, perform the feat in front of someone that is impartial during a training session.

Without doing one of those 3, a youtube video doesn't carry much value, other than entertainment purposes.

That's the thing Mike. If you're talking about Silverback, he NEVER made any claims at all. He said he was going to cert on the #4 March 3rd at the Arnold.

Never once did he say he was better then anyone else. In fact he gave praise to the to the top gripper guys in the form of a shot of Jack Daniels.

That's why I don't get all the negative stuff here. His stuff is no different then what anyone else with goals posts here.

He set a goal. Then he provided training vids along the way.

How many other grip guys do that here at the Gripboard?

• Confused 1

1. Go to a contest

That's the thing Mike. If you're talking about Silverback, he NEVER made any claims at all. He said he was going to cert on the #4 March 3rd at the Arnold.

Never once did he say he was better then anyone else. In fact he gave praise to the to the top gripper guys in the form of a shot of Jack Daniels.

That's why I don't get all the negative stuff here. His stuff is no different then what anyone else with goals posts here.

He set a goal. Then he provided training vids along the way.

How many other grip guys do that here at the Gripboard?

I think you're right that Silverback has made good show that has me very much!

From my viewpoint, people who have a substantial amount of knowledge about grippers have been speculating, and based on that and their good reputations, I have to think they know what they're talking about. I haven't seen the first ever GHP #9 close by silverback, so someone please point me toward that video; I want to see history in the making. As far as I know, Paul Knight and Tim Struse haven't even closed that one yet.

I haven't read that anyone dislikes the man, and the fact that they/we enjoyed his videos has been mentioned several times. I enjoyed them, but I couldn't see anything other than the ends of the handles. It would be irrational to not question the claims, including filed #3, #3.5, GHP 9 (what's that comparable to, MM12?).

With all due respect to everyone, including silverback, if the integrity issue is ever discarded here, it's all for nothing. If you want to blame someone or exclaim, "hater!", you need to look up the banned members, the ones who ruined the video process as it was, and blame them. Don't blame the core of the board, proven athletes who are the back bone of this board, and try to talk them into not protecting the board anymore. What would that be, hating opposite? I don't know, haven't used that verb in twenty + years.

To everyone who questioned these claims or simply stated what they'd like to see as proof, thank you for not thinking you have to walk on egg shells and for speaking up. I know that if I ever claimed those feats, I'd expect the same, but then again, I'd be certified on every list there is too, so there really wouldn't be a doubt. I'd definitely go to some contests too, no doubt.

I'm trying to find those videos. Please show me.

My post was more of a general statement. I think it is great that people post videos to get feedback and show their progress. I do the same. HOWEVER, if I could close a number #4 you can bet your butt I would have more than a video I shot myself or had a family member shoot as proof. When I start to get decent at something I get to a contest as soon as I can to measure myself against others. When I learned how to skate, I joined a hockey league. When I got decent at grip I did the certs and drove hours and hours to compete. Bending steel, same thing. Now that I have gotten the powerlifting bug I drove 5 hours in a snow storm to compete and show I could do it on the platform.

And I have never claimed to be one of the best ever at anything. I just don't think self made youtube vids or grainy vhs tapes mean much as far as proving your true level of accomplishment unless they are done under strict cert rules, and even then aren't the same as doing it in a competition setting.

I was not trying to question Silverback or any past gripsters with only video proof of their world class feats. However, if it was me I would have done it in front of someone at some point just to prove it wasn't a fluke or a gimmick.

But maybe that's just me.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

My post was more of a general statement. I think it is great that people post videos to get feedback and show their progress. I do the same. HOWEVER, if I could close a number #4 you can bet your butt I would have more than a video I shot myself or had a family member shoot as proof. When I start to get decent at something I get to a contest as soon as I can to measure myself against others. When I learned how to skate, I joined a hockey league. When I got decent at grip I did the certs and drove hours and hours to compete. Bending steel, same thing. Now that I have gotten the powerlifting bug I drove 5 hours in a snow storm to compete and show I could do it on the platform.

And I have never claimed to be one of the best ever at anything. I just don't think self made youtube vids or grainy vhs tapes mean much as far as proving your true level of accomplishment unless they are done under strict cert rules, and even then aren't the same as doing it in a competition setting.

I was not trying to question Silverback or any past gripsters with only video proof of their world class feats. However, if it was me I would have done it in front of someone at some point just to prove it wasn't a fluke or a gimmick.

But maybe that's just me.

Good post Mike! :rock

I don't know about the rest of you, but me personally, I haven't been able to eat, sleep, or drink since getting word about this news.

I don't know about the rest of you, but me personally, I haven't been able to eat, sleep, or drink since getting word about this news.

Well, I just got Culverized .....

1. Go to a contest

True, nevertheless one will prove there merit to who they care to prove it to. I've closed a #3 and such but don't have vids posted or many certs. It's when each individual is ready to come forth but your reasons for validating the feat are good sure ways to go about it. Good luck to Silverback in bringing things to light