Silverback Is Down.

silverbackgrip

Sorry to hear about the injury, hope you get well and was rooting for you.

In related news, this guy got what he wanted - to be his grip idol Joe Kinney. He rose to fame via some entertaining videos, quickly worked his way up to a top level of gripper strength, got injured, and abruptly left the grip world leaving others to chatter on his legitimacy and authenticity while forever scrutinizing videos and pictures of gripper closes.

The digital age Kinney.

Yet there exists dissimilarities: Kinney's strength was somewhat substantiated via a third party, Mr. Sexton, and Kinney also has a documented close of a COC #4 at a wide set, however you want to speculate it.

If this theory is sound, Silverback will be back - hopefully not for $39.99 picnic table interview - but back to certify on the #4 and claim his little bit of fame in this small world.

You guys have gotten to the point where he is changing out the handles on grippers and making fake vids?

C'mon already.

Maybe Brad can let us know if he JUST bought the Level 7,8 & 9 or the entire collection?

people have pulled every stunt you can think of in the past. changing handles, futzing with springs. it happens. like people said, that's why a cert and comp results carry the weight they do. because they're a much more substantial event than a video.

• Like 2

Lastly, if this is not worthy of discussion I'm sorry that evidence of such feats means nothing to you.

To some people it's an important topic for obvious reasons! Honesty and integrity! Ever hear of those words?

I'm not sure...was this ment to be a reaction on my quote 'I wouldn't waste to much time on the matter' Joe? Somehow I felt

that you were talking about my post? Can go into a reaction but that's a waste of time if this is not the case :) I can get a bit

aggravated when people are pointing out thing as honesty and integrity against me...sorry if you were talking in general, no offense ment.

Lastly, if this is not worthy of discussion I'm sorry that evidence of such feats means nothing to you.

To some people it's an important topic for obvious reasons! Honesty and integrity! Ever hear of those words?

I'm not sure...was this ment to be a reaction on my quote 'I wouldn't waste to much time on the matter' Joe? Somehow I felt

that you were talking about my post? Can go into a reaction but that's a waste of time if this is not the case :) I can get a bit

aggravated when people are pointing out thing as honesty and integrity against me...sorry if you were talking in general, no offense ment.

No see this is exactly how this game works. it is stirring up more conversation. Don't feed the trolls. That is why we have guys like Sam or Timmy or whatever who have 20 banned accounts for the false videos. I see this often with various sites. People who post under false names, fake accounts simply to get a rise out of people.

Right now in the grip work- Mighty Mitts main stage at the Arnold. that is worthy of discussion.

Right now on the front of the board, I see Laine did something which no one has done. That's worthy of another look

i see posts of newer guys putting up some PRs, most people don't even take a second to check out what they did.

Instead this thread rolls on, which is what this guy wants. Joe is right when he says he is reading this. No doubt about that.

If I wager a guess- next, sooner than later, will come a raving story of how Youtube crashed, how everyone here is a hater. How he is so great. More videos will come.

The vector of this post is of one which will get locked. Because it is already on track for the usual name calling/slandering of internet forums. At this point - NONE of you know this guy. No one here has met him, trained with him, so all that can be done argue. Already people are getting heated and emotional, all playing to what seems to be an obvious agenda.

This afternoon some very real grip will be going down, in front of 200,000 people in Ohio. That's worth talking about

• Like 9

No see this is exactly how this game works. it is stirring up more conversation. Don't feed the trolls. That is why we have guys like Sam or Timmy or whatever who have 20 banned accounts for the false videos. I see this often with various sites. People who post under false names, fake accounts simply to get a rise out of people.

Right now in the grip work- Mighty Mitts main stage at the Arnold. that is worthy of discussion.

Right now on the front of the board, I see Laine did something which no one has done. That's worthy of another look

i see posts of newer guys putting up some PRs, most people don't even take a second to check out what they did.

Instead this thread rolls on, which is what this guy wants. Joe is right when he says he is reading this. No doubt about that.

If I wager a guess- next, sooner than later, will come a raving story of how Youtube crashed, how everyone here is a hater. How he is so great. More videos will come.

The vector of this post is of one which will get locked. Because it is already on track for the usual name calling/slandering of internet forums. At this point - NONE of you know this guy. No one here has met him, trained with him, so all that can be done argue. Already people are getting heated and emotional, all playing to what seems to be an obvious agenda.

This afternoon some very real grip will be going down, in front of 200,000 people in Ohio. That's worth talking about

Ok..just for the note, than we are on the same level about this. I ment exactly the same in my first post. It's easy to mix up each others words in posts and explain them differently. I said also that we need to look at the guys we know from both videos that motivated this population and both their demonstrations in reallife competitions. People like Euclides are for real with their accomplishments? Dunno...so I honestly can't say if he's a troll. He has us talking about it indeed. that's for sure. For the rest I just concentrate on my own training and make this my last post on this topic ;)

Geralt, I was in no way talking towards you my friend.

If it came across that way, I apologize.

I'm going to have to agree with what Adam has said and be done with this.

Truth will always prevail one way or another.

I would like to close out my final thoughts at least for the respect of those that I believe are very

legit in what they claim and do in their feats. All one can claim from this latest video is that there is

a set of GHP9 end caps or handles attached to an undetermined torsion spring. It can also be said that an undetermined

right hand closed these handles together. That's about it! Now, for those that have proven their capabilities

through contests, witnesses from the GB, videos that are credible and meet certain criteria that would lead another

to believe what's being performed is legit. I SALUTE YOU! YOUR EFFORT AND HARD, DILIGENT, AND SMART TRAINING

IS WORTHY OF PRAISE AND ADMIRATION!!!

Lastly, if I came across as angry, I was. If I was out of line and offended those that I consider my grip family and friends, I apologize.

I can't even close a trainer, much less a #4 right now. Hurt my right hand a couple days ago during Grip Negatives. If I hurt the inside of the elbow I would just man-up and cert @ the Arnold Classic, but I hurt my palm. I was doing negatives with some piece of steel I got @ the junk yard. I watched Joe Kinney's Get a Grip and realized he was also using a spring from a Dump Truck for negatives, I think he said it had over 600 pounds of resistance. Not sure what my junk yard spring came from or what the poundage to close it is...... but it was doing it's job.

I held the **** thing longer than I should and the handle sank into my palm. The pain is so much that I'm actually typing this with my left hand! I've had this injury before, but not this severe. I still have the strength, it's just that the inside of my palm hurts to the touch. I'm done with grip for a while, when my hand gets better I'll begin training again but I suspect it will be a while before i'm able to so.

It pisses me off just to look at a gripper right now, so until I'm healed..... I'll be hanging low in the grip world until then. Hopefully I'll be able to start training again before the end of the year.

Until that day comes, STAY GRIPPIN! icon_salut.gif

Really Sorry to hear that!

You gave me a very useful and good tip when i started! hope to see your comeback strong and healthy and smash the hell out of that #4.

Geralt, I was in no way talking towards you my friend.

If it came across that way, I apologize.

I'm going to have to agree with what Adam has said and be done with this.

Truth will always prevail one way or another.

I would like to close out my final thoughts at least for the respect of those that I believe are very

legit in what they claim and do in their feats. All one can claim from this latest video is that there is

a set of GHP9 end caps or handles attached to an undetermined torsion spring. It can also be said that an undetermined

right hand closed these handles together. That's about it! Now, for those that have proven their capabilities

through contests, witnesses from the GB, videos that are credible and meet certain criteria that would lead another

to believe what's being performed is legit. I SALUTE YOU! YOUR EFFORT AND HARD, DILIGENT, AND SMART TRAINING

IS WORTHY OF PRAISE AND ADMIRATION!!!

Lastly, if I came across as angry, I was. If I was out of line and offended those that I consider my grip family and friends, I apologize.

Or I just misread it Joe, it was just a feeling. That's what can happen when people are not talking to each other directly.

I think it just stirred our thoughts and we got irritated because we are caring so much about the sport. So no apologies needed Joe! I should have known better.

BTW, my personal favorite grip stud doesn't even have an internet video self posted anywhere.

David Thornton? Don Larkin? Diesel Weasel?

I was thinking of Dave, but Don was a good guess! He qualifies, but he was at his best well before Al Gore invented the internet. Dave isn't secretive, and he likes photos and videos of some of his best stuff, but he won't be the one to publicize it. He is a very fierce competitor though. Not knocking anyone else, I show off my shit when I think I did something decent.

BTW, my personal favorite grip stud doesn't even have an internet video self posted anywhere.

I was thinking of Dave, but Don was a good guess! He qualifies, but he was at his best well before Al Gore invented the internet. Dave isn't secretive, and he likes photos and videos of some of his best stuff, but he won't be the one to publicize it. He is a very fierce competitor though. Not knocking anyone else, I show off my shit when I think I did something decent.

I have met Dave once. I agree. Great man, very professional, and a real talent.

Dave is the MAN! .... quite possibly the most under rated gripster because there isn't a whole lot of videos of him. I hope he is doing well.

I hope Euclides is legit because I liked the guy ... maybe he will comeback and proove folks wrong

I'm not at all surprised by this thread. When this board started and rules were posted about talking about lifts and the burden of proof necessary to support the claim it was a foreign idea to me but I learned to accept it and understand the importance. When I lift something that is really important to me personally or to document for history I do what I can to show its legit. The GHP Gripper challenge rules are a page long just trying to cover everything so we dont have to speculate like this when someone enters the challenge. Yep, you can re-mark grippers in a number of ways and this is why we ask people entering the GHP Challenge to either do it fresh out of the package (an idea blatantly stolen from IronMind) or document the gripper dimensions by showing the spread and spring diameter. Please see Tommy Jennings succesful challenge entry to see how its done. As a final safeguard we reserve the right to call the gripper in and in extreme cases ask that the challenge attempt be done over with a new gripper supplied by us. I wish this was as easy as the CoC certification used to be...grab someone at random, close the gripper you've been training on for a year, snap a photo and you are on the list. But times have changed and a few bad apples can spoil the whole damn bunch. Now the burden of proof is higher than ever. Digital micrometers are fairly cheap at Menards. I wish Euclides would have shown the spring and spread of this gripper because if its a legit Level 9 - and I do think it is but dont KNOW that it is - its a huge close. Now its destined to be speculated about until someone does this right and this video is forgotten or finally accepted.

• Like 1

Why isn't he showing proof, just a simple photo or video will take away all the speculation. when I got injured I posted a photo also, it is still in my profile somewhere. Was this GHP gripper calibrated?

• Like 1

Euclides, you mentioned that you would probably be out for the rest of the year with grip. How do you know? Did you see a doctor or did you come to that conclusion yourself? I get lots of injuries mostly minor that keep me from doing what I love and sometimes I think I've gotten a serious one and its really just something I needed to rest up a few weeks to get better. Joe Kinney did this workout and he severely injured himself in a mannor not unlike what you are describing here. John Wood said during the interfiew that Joe couldn't even close a 3. Additionally, Joe said he had injured his soft tissue inside his palm and I am wondering why you wanted to adopt this same style of training. I hope you heal up soon. :)

-Jordan

I realize I'm an old man and can't quite wrap my head around the whole video is proof, video certs and You Tube thing. And I know going to a competition is a lot of effort, expense etc but there is a reason that throughout the history of strength sports - competition has been the most accepted method of proof (the only standard of proof for most of time) on any feat of strength or lift etc. And it still is - at least to me. Did he actually do what he says he did - I don't know of course but if he had shown up and done it in front of 15 or so guys - we wouldn't be having this conversation would we? So far it's nothing more than a gym lift if true or a well planned hoax if not. It sure seems like a heck of a lot of work to go to if that's the case.

According to the law, getting condemned requires the jury to be convinced 'beyond any reasonable doubt' of your guilt. I think there is still plenty of room for reasonable doubt here, so wait and see.

That being said, I find the conjunction of 'otherworldly progress', 'untimely injury', 'super video editing skills', 'crazy bravado' etc. a little suspect (to say the least). I'll miss his videos anyway: 'Euclides' is entertaining, fraud or not.

Why isn't he showing proof, just a simple photo or video will take away all the speculation.

Perhaps he is as hard troll as blowtorch-foot tamp Timmy aka Tim. :laugh:bow