Silverback Is Down.

silverbackgrip

Euclides, If you train JK style you undoubtly keep a detailed training log.

Can you tell me how many days it's been from the time you could close the GHP8

till the GHP9?

Lastly, may I see a pic of your injured hand please? Preferably with the pinkie side facing the camera, palm

up and in a position of a closed gripper.

Thanks!

• Like 4

Euclides, If you train JK style you undoubtly keep a detailed training log. Can you tell me how many days it's been from the time you could close the GHP8 till the GHP9? Lastly, may I see a pic of your injured hand please? Preferably with the pinkie side facing the camera, palm up and in a position of a closed gripper. Thanks!

Are you calling him out or something?

I don't understand why if you are.

You said the handle sunk into your palm. Like piercing the skin type of sinking? Or just mashed into your palm and deeply bruised it?

Damn! 2 of my favs this week went down to injury. You and Mr. 1015 deadlift, Benedikt.

Paul K. Be careful out there. DON'T make it a trifecta please. :(

I'm sorry to hear this Euclides. I wish you a speedy recovery!

What you should do now is to get in contact with a good physiotherapist who is specialized on sport injuries and preferably hand injuries. So you can get on a rehab as soon as possible. It will probably cost a bit. But that's better than to go with pain and waste time that could be used to get better and more awesome. :)

I've been through similiar stuff before and it sucks big time...

Heal up soon. I am dealing with a Palm Bruise Myself from Bending but nothing as bad as what You have Described. Make's Gripper's very Painful. All The Best

Sorry to hear about your injury. It must be serious to keep you from training. In such a short time, you have accomplished what very few can do in several years. I for one have been watching your videos and following you from the start. You definitely walked the walk and your fans cant wait to see you back in action! To attempt a cert on the #4, you must have been really close or consistently closing it. How far along were you?

Edited by MJS

That GHP9 deep close is sick!! Heal up and shoot for the #4 cert at the Olympia now instead of the Arnold. If your left hand is healed up by then maybe you can cert the 3.5 lefty and 4 righty. That would be badazz!

Euclides, If you train JK style you undoubtly keep a detailed training log.

Can you tell me how many days it's been from the time you could close the GHP8

till the GHP9?

Lastly, may I see a pic of your injured hand please? Preferably with the pinkie side facing the camera, palm

up and in a position of a closed gripper.

Thanks!

joe, are you a doctor? i have some hand issues as well, can i send you a pic via pm?... i need it lewked at reel bad!

Nope! Not a doctor! Not even close!

Euclides, very sorry to hear this man! You'll no doubt come back stronger than ever and whoop up on the #3.5 and maybe beyond that since you shut the GHP9. I need to watch that video!

Euclides, your close of the GHP9 is possibly one of the most impressive gripper feats in years. While you're healing, would you consider loaning it to me and/or some of the other guys here on the board? Might as well compare apples to apples for anyone who's willing to step up. I have a feeling you'll be unmatched. Congrats, hope you heal quickly.

• Like 1

Anyone notice that the GHP 9 video was removed, his youtube page is gone again and his website is down. I'm just wondering why. That was a sick vid and I want to watch it again.

Bummer. That vid got me pumped. I knew I should of right clicked it and saved it to my Realplayer. :(

This suc##! I wish you a quick recovery!

I wasn't really expecting a #4 cert at the Arnold but I thought a #3.5 was at least possible... Which would still have been outstanding BTW.

Overtraining is a curse on sports in general and the irongame in particular (>you never get hurt overtraining your brain).

All videos again down.....hmmmm. This is my opinion on the matter.

• Like 4

I also don't understand why the vid was removed? No one has trouble with his account around here and this one keeps disappearing. hmm.

Euclides, I hope you heal up, but you must agree with me, there IS a cloud of mysteriousness hanging around you haha...well, at least we're all

talking about it :)

• Like 1

I also don't understand why the vid was removed? No one has trouble with his account around here and this one keeps disappearing. hmm.

Euclides, I hope you heal up, but you must agree with me, there IS a cloud of mysteriousness hanging around you haha...well, at least we're all

No one here removed any videos except Euclides himself. The video was on YOUTUBE (not the Gripboard) and in his YOUTUBE account. If it was removed, it was done by him.

He is in good standing here.

• Like 1

I watched it last night on YouTube and a few of us posted about it on Facebook.

• Like 1

No one here removed any videos except Euclides himself. The video was on YOUTUBE (not the Gripboard) and in his YOUTUBE account. If it was removed, it was done by him.

He is in good standing here.

Oh but I also ment the Youtube account Bill, not this board! Didn't mention it indeed, I just read my post again. I ment he had several Youtube accounts and they keep beeing removed and such.

• Like 1

Well, it's simple. Did he cert on the #4? Nope. He could have MM certed up until now and hasn't. That's why certs exist. To me there's no need to call him out or spend extra calories typing about it. The proof is in the pudding (or lack thereof).

• Like 4

Well, it's simple. Did he cert on the #4? Nope. He could have MM certed up until now and hasn't. That's why certs exist. To me there's no need to call him out or spend extra calories typing about it. The proof is in the pudding (or lack thereof).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgTzxWASUJ0

Are you saying someone needs to cert in order for recognition? Maybe the only cert that mattered to him was the CoC. I'm sure there's a few others out there with massive strength that lie low. Even the video in the post above mine. Another example of someone off the charts. No need to say anything negative here. He supplied awesome video's during his training that were head and shoulders above what I've seen anyone else do.

Can this be compared with Dynamometer Baseline?

Edited by Heimopäällikkö

Strictly from an objective view,

Yes, one has to put up or else at the end of the career all they are left with is a few fun to watch videos. That's the reality of the strength world. And in today's age most videos are expected to be of high quality and good documentation. Maybe its the steel bender side of me but his videos had the worst documentation. That's just something to consider when seeking recognition via internet videos. At the least some people hit up a comp or meet with another local gripster for a training day and then other people can attest to true levels of ability. Unfortunately silverback chose the "gonna pop out of no where cert #4 route" and until that happens no one knows what's really up. All these reasons are why so many certs exist and why all their rules are so strict. If the reality was. Any internet video passes for 100% merit then certs wouldn't exist.

Up and comers take note, if you can cert something do it. You never know if that moment will pass or an injury could sideline you. One can still be the first to cert the #4 and it doesn't take away from that if you tic off certs along the way. Besides its good practice to be familiar with cert conditions, game day rest and prep, etc. Had silverback been had cert experience he would have trained differently.

• Like 3

Can this be compared with Dynamometer Baseline?

I do not think the baseline is perhaps more difficult times you need a world record attempt on the baseline is 122kg