Silverback Is Down.

silverbackgrip

I can't even close a trainer, much less a #4 right now. Hurt my right hand a couple days ago during Grip Negatives. If I hurt the inside of the elbow I would just man-up and cert @ the Arnold Classic, but I hurt my palm. I was doing negatives with some piece of steel I got @ the junk yard. I watched Joe Kinney's Get a Grip and realized he was also using a spring from a Dump Truck for negatives, I think he said it had over 600 pounds of resistance. Not sure what my junk yard spring came from or what the poundage to close it is...... but it was doing it's job.

I held the **** thing longer than I should and the handle sank into my palm. The pain is so much that I'm actually typing this with my left hand! I've had this injury before, but not this severe. I still have the strength, it's just that the inside of my palm hurts to the touch. I'm done with grip for a while, when my hand gets better I'll begin training again but I suspect it will be a while before i'm able to so.

It pisses me off just to look at a gripper right now, so until I'm healed..... I'll be hanging low in the grip world until then. Hopefully I'll be able to start training again before the end of the year.

Until that day comes, STAY GRIPPIN! icon_salut.gif

I'm sorry to hear that Euclides. I wish you the best on your recovery and look forward to more of your videos. Good luck to you!

Tom

I hope you heal up quickly and get back to smashing those grippers.

Sorry to hear about the injury. It sucks that the journey had to come up short due to it. You came a long way in a very short amount of time. I started training grip about the same time as you did last year. I enjoyed watching your videos and tracking your amazing progress. You are taking the right approach in staying away from Grip training for a while to let your hand heal. With the heavy volume you were doing, you may have needed some time away from it anyway. Best of luck on the recovery and hope to see you back at it in the near future.

noooo.jpeg

Hate to hear the news!!!! You have become one of my favorites to watch since you started. I actually just watched your #3.5 close (again) the other day. You held that thing in a ccs for 10 seconds then mashed it Joe Kinney style. SICK!!!!!! Probably my all time fav gripper video. Hope you heal quickly and get back on it. Cheers.

Bummer. Just curious...where you training both hands equally? If not...this could be a perfect opportunity to catch up your off hand. Of course with the crazy training you were putting in, a total break might be in order. Looking forward to your return.

Any reason for doing severe negatives less than a week out from the big day? No real strength gains are to be had in that short time. Most people rest up for a week so they are 100% fresh and can perform their best. Anyways, heal up and train smart.

Sorry about your injury. Give your self time and train until you can close the #4. I have no doubt you can...just give yourself more time for the tendons&joints to toughen up so they can take that insane load.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

@ anwnate My left hand was injured early on in training. I could almost CCS a #3 with it but I'm gonna stay away from grippers for a while.

@ Daniel Reinard I was going to attempt a #4 cert on March 3rd. and was going to rest starting today which would give me 5 days rest. I should have asked you guys, who have much more experience, how to go about resting/training leading up to a cert/competition. Looking back, severe negatives was a retarded thing to do.

Edited by Euclides

The Grip World needs such a strongman entertainer (if I may call you that) as you! Your videos is always awesome. And the strenght you got, in that short time, Wow!

I wish you all the luck for getting back at Grippers.

Recorded the close right before I injured myself.

I actually ordered the GHP9 with the GHP Set Block in hopes of becoming the first person to Cert.... but this beast of a gripper proved too hard to close at that distance. I could only manage a deep set close.

silverbackclosesghp9.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Euclides
  • Like 1

I wish you a good recovery. I'm sure you'll be back soon!

Let me rephrase, heal up, take your time, give it a few months and you'll cert lvl 10! Sky is the limit!

wow, people have rated that higher than a average #4. great close man.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

@ anwnate My left hand was injured early on in training. I could almost CCS a #3 with it but I'm gonna stay away from grippers for a while.

@ Daniel Reinard I was going to attempt a #4 cert on March 3rd. and was going to rest starting today which would give me 5 days rest. I should have asked you guys, who have much more experience, how to go about resting/training leading up to a cert/competition. Looking back, severe negatives was a retarded thing to do.

I hope you mean severe negatives this week was a retarded thing to do. It seems like your training approach was really working for you. Your close of a GHP Level 9 is off the charts.

Sorry to hear this. Hindsight is always 20 - 20 and the temptation to get in just that one last hard workout before some big test has bitten many of us over the years. The date of the Arnold I know was a big target for you but there's nothing magic about it. Heal up - come back strong and git it done!

Heal fast...and go after it again!!

It still remains though it seems...no one has been able to duplicate Kinney's training to get to the 4 like he did to date. Especially without getting injured in the process.

Can you do any pinching type movements to work around the bruise?

The Ghp9 is tougher than most any #4. Id say he made it to a 4 but just not to a CCS...which no one has yet.

I had the opinion a while back on the GB that Silverback will do one of two things following the Kinney program. Close a #4 or injure himself. He did both which I did not expect. I am amazed at the GHP close and bummed at the injury.

I ahte to hear of anybody gettting injured, and I hope you come back stronger once you take ample time to rest.