Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Can I join the race? Im after the #2.5 TNS. Recent PR was 1-2mm from closing a BBSM rated at #130.

Sure thing man. Does your 2.5 feel harder than your BBSM? I'm assuming the max effort was with a TNS right?

Yes,my #2.5 feels harder. I think I have a +5-8mm missing. And yes it was TNS.

Fair enough. It'll make me stronger on the close and very very strong on the set. I like the sound of it.

Also, just tried to set my #4, didn't get a CCS but got an estimated 1/2 CCS set.

Didn't know you had a #4. Are you going to close it one day?

Can I join the race? Im after the #2.5 TNS. Recent PR was 1-2mm from closing a BBSM rated at #130.

Sure thing man. Does your 2.5 feel harder than your BBSM? I'm assuming the max effort was with a TNS right?

Cool. I often have a hard time with that, especially when I'm TNSing IronMind grippers.

Some narrower grippers are a lot easier.

I'm almost at a #2 TNS, but still having a lot of difficulty with it.

Also, just tried to set my #4, didn't get a CCS but got an estimated 1/2 CCS set.

Si senor.

Cool. I often have a hard time with that, especially when I'm TNSing IronMind grippers.

Some narrower grippers are a lot easier.

I'm almost at a #2 TNS, but still having a lot of difficulty with it.

It will come with practising.

I only train TNS/CCS distance now. Working with lighter grippers and trying to build up the reps steady but slowly. My best with a #2 is 6 reps right hand. When I can do 10-12 reps I think I will be able to TNS the #2.5.

I'm might just join this thread for the #2.5 TNS. I can close my #3 regularly MMS and my #2 easily TNS, but i find TNSing my #2.5 really tough. I can just about do it if i hold the spring with my left and close with my right, but i can't do it if i don't hold the spring with my left hand.

Si senor.

You better, or else the god of grip is going to crush you like a gripper... or something

I really like the secret weapon for my parallel closes. You can moderate intensity much much better than something with a static resistance.

I've slowed down my training to once a week. After a bunch of experimentation, I've found that my grip strength doesn't fully return until 6 days after a workout or so. I'm making more gains now that I've figured this out. And of course my training is super intense when I do it. :)

got my new 2.5 in the mail today at work. with no warm up or any hand work, i got to within 3 mm of closing. believe it or not, i entered this contest not owning a 2.5 and only trying one at a competition. i am really surprised how close i got. it definitely felt easier than my ghp 6. i may just close this thing at my next workout dedicated to grippers.

got my new 2.5 in the mail today at work. with no warm up or any hand work, i got to within 3 mm of closing. believe it or not, i entered this contest not owning a 2.5 and only trying one at a competition. i am really surprised how close i got. it definitely felt easier than my ghp 6. i may just close this thing at my next workout dedicated to grippers.

forget it....just closed it....couldn't resist playing with my new toy. i am really surprised but obviously happy. i think the work on the wider GHP models really helped my set. not to mention my other full body training has been virtually non existent lately due to a vacation and a slight back injury i have been pampering. my hands are rested and stronger than ever. lesson learned, really taper training starting 2 weeks before a competition, at least for me.

• Like 1

I'll post some notes for each months, each hand. This is not all gripper training, but the most important that I care to log. Other sessions are just for recovery. I'll update this post every new months.

I base my training on how I feel for the day, going for volume or max gripper.

Left hand:

#2 6x2 2 apr

#1.5 3X10 5 apr

#2 3x2

#1.5 16 reps

#2 3x4 9 apr

#2 5 reps 11 apr

#1.5 12x7 20 apr

#2 3x3, #1.5 3x4 22 apr

#1.5 17 reps 26 apr

Right hand:

#2 5x3 , 26 mars

#2 4,4,3, 27 mars

#2 4x3 1 apr

#2 4,4,4,3,3 3 apr

#2 7x3 8 apr

#2 6,5,3 11 apr

#2 4,4,4,3,3,2,2 17 apr

Grandmaster TNS attempt 1-2 mm off 18 apr

#2 15x2 19 apr

#2 5x4, 3, 3 22 apr

#2 12x3 24 apr

forget it....just closed it....couldn't resist playing with my new toy. i am really surprised but obviously happy. i think the work on the wider GHP models really helped my set. not to mention my other full body training has been virtually non existent lately due to a vacation and a slight back injury i have been pampering. my hands are rested and stronger than ever. lesson learned, really taper training starting 2 weeks before a competition, at least for me.

GREAT JOB BROTHER! You're officially not a noob anymore. :bow

You're getting so close to the GHP 6 and the legendary C.o.C. #3

Keep crushing hard, man. I'll do my best to catch up to you soon.

GREAT JOB BROTHER! You're officially not a noob anymore. :bow

You're getting so close to the GHP 6 and the legendary C.o.C. #3

Keep crushing hard, man. I'll do my best to catch up to you soon.

thx. will get a video up soon. i think your idea of easing off a bit on training will pay dividends soon.

Definitely hope so. I'll be looking forward to seeing a solid close.

In other news, how are you training for your RT?

Good job Chuck! If you need help bridging the gap to the #3 let me know. I can bring some grippers to nationals for you to borrow. I have a nice progression from the #2.5 to a super Elite.

Good job Chuck! If you need help bridging the gap to the #3 let me know. I can bring some grippers to nationals for you to borrow. I have a nice progression from the #2.5 to a super Elite.

thx to you and paul on the set advice. it has really helped. i have my ghp 6 that seems quite a bit harder than the 2.5 and will keep me busy. plus this 2.5 will also get a ton of work. thx for the offer.

i don't know about solid close. i did not dominate this thing but the handles did touch.

i made a homemade RT outa some pipes and a chain. the weight i have at home only goes up to 115. so i rep the crap out of that. i do train at a guys house who has an old style RT handle so i train it there too. haven't tried a max effort on that in forever.

Edited by bubba29

i don't know about solid close. i did not dominate this thing but the handles did touch.

i made a homemade RT outa some pipes and a chain. the weight i have at home only goes up to 115. so i rep the crap out of that. i do train at a guys house who has an old style RT handle so i train it there too. haven't tried a max effort on that in forever.

I got the same setup as you. Made one out of chain and pipe. I take it to my gym and try weights on it but my max is really low.

Nice Job Bubba29! No problems setting it and holding shut.

How close are you on the #3 I don't own a #3 yet and what just curious how close it feels.

Nice Job Bubba29! No problems setting it and holding shut.

How close are you on the #3 I don't own a #3 yet and what just curious how close it feels.

i don't own a 3 either and haven't tried one. the next level up i own is a GHP 6. that is a bear for me so i am gonna play with that for a while before i buy a 3.

plus, i need to be getting reps on this 2.5 too before i would buy anything else. the nice thing is that in the last several months i bought a ghp 5, ghp 6, and last week the 2.5. these guys are HARD for me. the hardest i had before was a 1.5 which was pretty easy. these new ones challenge the set technique and maximal strength much more. they will be good for me.

Edited by bubba29