Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Just got an Tetting Grand Master from Cannon to help bridge the gap between my 2.5 and the #3.

I don't own a #3 yet but WOW does this seem like a huge jump. I can just barely get my 2.5 right hand on a good day and the GM is crazy hard!

I can honestly say that I can barely move the handles :( In fact I can just barely cheat it shut on my leg.

( I have no idea on rgc but if 145lbs roughly is correct, it sure is a beast for me) It can be pretty depressing when you pick up a gripper like this for the first time with high hopes and get totally humbled. Definetely makes me both wonder what my max potential may be and probably more importantly I am confident that if I am going to be sucessful this year in making the jump to the #3. I am going to have to pick up the intensity alot.

Looks like I have a new goal for the year for sure!

btw loving my new Zenith #1 and it has barely left my hands since Christmas morning. I don't have a COC #1 but I would say it is slightly harder than my Trainer. However the spread is just a bit under 2 1/2 inches which is great for my smaller hands in fact I wish all grippers were closer to this spread.

I would say that is my only complaint so far I would have liked to have seen a spread closer to 3 inches or maybe 3.2 to give you the full ROM effect of the bullet handles.

Happy Training!

EMAN

Stick with it you will get I can mms a #3 and still have problems with doing negetives with #4 that thing is crazy and I have been training grip on and off since 06

I cant really close the coc2,5 lefty yet, are there anyone left to race against :)?

I cant understand how I can close coc3 righty and not freaking shut coc2,5 lefty, its like if I had polio in that hand. haha

I cant really close the coc2,5 lefty yet, are there anyone left to race against :)?

I cant understand how I can close coc3 righty and not freaking shut coc2,5 lefty, its like if I had polio in that hand. haha

I've got a pretty big gap between both hands (ok not thatttt big), but I really haven't put the time in to correct the imbalance.

Frankly, sometimes when trying to close lefty I feel like I'm trying to operate a marionette (my nerve signals get hijacked by a bad car GPS).

I haven't tried it, but I have heard that putting in speed work can really help.

Additionally, I would think that doing reps with a non taxing gripper with your offhand, could potentially train the hand to know what you expect from it.

You've motivated me. I think I'm going to steal my daughters trainer (she's working with the #1{1/8 no set away} and #1.5 now) and keep it around me at all times.

Im in the same boat I can just barely close 2.5 with left and I can close the #3 with my right

I just recently closed the 2.5 with a deep set.

How long did it take you guys to close the 3 after the 2.5 was closed?

Took me 8 months...of course I didn't know about cleaning springs back then.

I'm relatively new to a committed sense of grip training programs- and there is a term I don't understand... what are 'doubles'? I recently bought the RRBT program- and it mentions doing them. Does this mean do two reps and rest? Thanx for any info.

Making some progress. Down to about 8mm close on a #2.5 CCS with my right hand.

My left hand is lagging quite a bit, due to an injury. Not exactly sure what it is, and I should probably see a doctor. Whenever I close a gripper, especially with #1.5 and above, the back of my hand gets a sharp pain shooting through it. Mostly in the lower section where my pinky and ring fingers are.

It's been getting better with some conditioning and aggressive extensor training, but still not in a great way.

Right hand was hindered for a short time - developed a bit of bruising in my palm from too many #3 negatives. That's sorted now so hoping for a #2.5 CCS close by the end of this month.

Making some progress. Down to about 8mm close on a #2.5 CCS with my right hand.

My left hand is lagging quite a bit, due to an injury. Not exactly sure what it is, and I should probably see a doctor. Whenever I close a gripper, especially with #1.5 and above, the back of my hand gets a sharp pain shooting through it. Mostly in the lower section where my pinky and ring fingers are.

It's been getting better with some conditioning and aggressive extensor training, but still not in a great way.

Right hand was hindered for a short time - developed a bit of bruising in my palm from too many #3 negatives. That's sorted now so hoping for a #2.5 CCS close by the end of this month.

How often are you training?

How often are you training?

I train every other day with my right hand, and with my left hand I do 5 days solid with two rest days. When my left has made a full recovery I'll move them both to the same days for grippers. My left is fine with pinching, claw etc. grips, so I put them on my back day, and do a few occasional lifts throughout the week.

When I go back to my other house, I'll be working out a better routine as I'll have more free time.

Maybe you should take a week off and then pick it back up and do some extenser stuff to

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my GHP6 in the mail today... Rated 137... And closed it! Moving ever closer to the #3.

• Like 2

Good job, man! You're almost there.

Thanks! When I do attempts at the #3, I'm only a few millimeters off now. A little closer every time... Shouldnt be long :)

Edited by Mephistopholes

Im still some mm's off a TNS of the #2.5. But Im getting closer, gettin'´more reps on easier gripper will move me forward to my goal eventually.

Right #1.5:

Left #1.5:

Edit: I see the number is difficult to see...better filming next time.

Edited by Griparn

• 2 weeks later...

Last night is the first time i closed my #2 since February last year! i closed it once with my right, and twice with my left. i did reset the gripper between reps but didnt rest 5seconds.

this time last year i was doing WAY too much gripper work (at least 3 sessions a week), injured my knuckles, and took a massive layoff because i thought id facked them up good and proper. i lost interest after that, and by May i hit a plateau and made zero progress. from that month on i didnt train grip at all for months. i started back either before xmas or January, cant remember because i didnt write it down.

ive been training grippers once a week now and it seems pleanty. i do x3-4 working sets including attempt(s) on a higher gripper, followed by x3 sets of negatives. progressing nice and steady this time round and its good to know that ive almost beat my old PRs.

Im hoping to keep this up and get the #2.5 by May or June. i would like to get the #3 (or close to) this year aswell, thats gonna be tough though.

is there anyone left trying to get the #2.5?

I think that most of the closers have at best MMS the 2.5, and a lot of us have yet to CCS it... although some of us have. I know for one that I have only closed from a parallel set.

Edited by hellswindstaff

I can close it from all the way open, but that's just how I train grippers... Not a TNS, just all the way open.

Keep working guys, you'll get there soon enough :)

Mephistopholes, i like your style. thats how i train aswell. no set, just banging out full ROM reps. i think thats key to progression, but im no expert. if i get the #2.5 ill put up a video.

Just ordered an adjustable RB Chrome gripper aswell, that should be back in the week and help me along nicely! :)

Edited by alexjones234
  • Like 1

I noticed today that from a CCS puts my pinkies middle joint in a crimped position on max effort closes, because it doesn't wrap around the gripper from the CCS position... I have to start the close with the first three fingers. Anyone else with vinnie sausage fingers have the same problem?

I guess I could.... doing the dogleg positioning from memory because I dont have a gripper with me, but I think that it's going to be WAY back on my thumbpad like near the joint. It seems to only be a problem with max effort closes at 25 pennies width (which I just looked up and is 63.75mm dunno apparently if that's correct) or wider. I've never really trained grippers at that width because... well I don't remember why... that could have been something that I noticed early on and forgot though.