Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

That's pretty quick progress! Congrats! Are you going to train for the CCS to get that cert?

Thanks! My 2.5 is pretty close to my 3, hence the rate of progress. I'm definitely going to train for the CCS cert. I just started being able to close a 2.5 CCS, so probably another 3 months, I'm guessing, but it's hard to say.

Nice job man!

Thanks!

Oh that makes sense for sure. I've never had mine rated so I have no idea/

I will close the #3 by my 23rd birthday, May 8. I'm not saying this for anyone particular, it is more of a public declaration for myself. Now that I've said it, I have to do it. You all are witnesses.

I will close the #3 by my 23rd birthday, May 8. I'm not saying this for anyone particular, it is more of a public declaration for myself. Now that I've said it, I have to do it. You all are witnesses.

:rock :rock :rock
  • Like 1

Thanks dude!

I second that motion

• Like 1

I agree. Perhaps we should start a intermediate race to the #3? I'm still trying to get the 2.5 to my base strength though.

Yori... Do you know if you are you going to that strength conference in January?

Haha thanks guys.

And I was thinning that last night... This needs a branch off thread for the climb to the #3...

I agree. Perhaps we should start a intermediate race to the #3? I'm still trying to get the 2.5 to my base strength though.

Yori... Do you know if you are you going to that strength conference in January?

I think we should. I'll make a new thread for that since many people have requested it.

I can't go to the conference after all, I'll definitely be missing out. I'm in the process of saving and making more so I can have more free time.

I think we should. I'll make a new thread for that since many people have requested it.

I can't go to the conference after all, I'll definitely be missing out. I'm in the process of saving and making more so I can have more free time.

I think that it should be the tradition that you start the gripper threads until we get to the #4.

That is a bummer... I'll send a copy of my notes to you if you want, but they'll be somewhat personalized so... they may or may not be very helpful to you.

Also isn't a gripper close at a dime width and a MMS the same distance? The only difference being TUT?

Ahhh, Finally got the 2.5 officially and with both hands. Wish I would've had it recorded. When I made the attempt it was just part of my warm up and just went for it thinking nothing and when I felt the close I was surprised. Even with both hands which is even better. Things I've been doing different in my gripper routine was Negative crushes with my RB adjustable for 9 singles each hand. Also during my warm up I did every single gripper I have with about 5-10 reps before even attempting the 2.5. Felt this warmed up my hands even better and didn't take away from my crushing strength. On to the race for the 3!

Will attempt a video next time I go for the 2.5 again to make it visually official.

• Like 1

I think that it should be the tradition that you start the gripper threads until we get to the #4.

That is a bummer... I'll send a copy of my notes to you if you want, but they'll be somewhat personalized so... they may or may not be very helpful to you.

Also isn't a gripper close at a dime width and a MMS the same distance? The only difference being TUT?

Thanks, hope to be progressing at everybody else's rate. I'll be starting the thread (although I wouldn't be posting on it too much until I master this thread).

And I would really appreciate some notes, bro. There'll be a wealth of info there.

And I think you're talking about my 'goals' section, I have the tendency to bring my MMS closer than parallel.

Using the coins will help with doing legit distances.

What is TUT?

Thanks, hope to be progressing at everybody else's rate. I'll be starting the thread (although I wouldn't be posting on it too much until I master this thread).

And I would really appreciate some notes, bro. There'll be a wealth of info there.

And I think you're talking about my 'goals' section, I have the tendency to bring my MMS closer than parallel.

Using the coins will help with doing legit distances.

What is TUT?

I was second to last to close it so unless I had a retarded hard 2.5. You should be ahead of at least me the whole way... though this time I'm not planning on any lay-offs or any major goal switches until I hit at least the #3.

And no problem I'll xerox them.

TUT is time under tension.

Restarted my training after a long time. Hadn't really lost any strength since I last properly trained, which I guess is due to picking up the heavier grippers occasionally.

Anyway, in the past week and a half of resuming training, I've gone from 1 #2 CCS rep to 3 reps, and from less than 1 #2.5 (choked to slightly wider than parallel) rep to 2-3. CCS close on the same #2.5 is about halfway between parallel and closed (not sure of the exact distance), so I expect to be done with the #2.5 CCS in around a month or two, if the gains continue at a similar rate. Getting a #3 Deep Set/Choked before my birthday would be a nice bonus, but I'm not going to complain if I don't reach that.

Guys, I'm in mid-workout right now, but I'm so excited I have to post this. I just repped the #2.5 with my right and and #2 with my left for 3 reps each. Wooooo! First time I've been able to rep them. Did 3, didnt want to over do it. But that made me real happy.

• Like 1

Congratulations !!! Was that MMS or CCS?

Open set. Haha. I just grab em and go man. I actually had a great workout after that too. Just got done. I'll post the rest of it on my log... But After all the other gripper work I did, I was still able to get a few more reps out of it. I must have been channeling my highland ancestors today. Haha

Narrower than that just feels weird to me, so I've always just gone from open.

Finally closed my GHP6 from mms yesterday. Took around 6 months from closing my #2.5 to get this one down so you can imagine this one was quite a bit harder.

I haven't put much focus on grippers lately, mainly done "random shit" at gym; manusgrip deadlifts, various pull-up's, plate curls, plate pinching etc. all-around hand strength stuff.

Happy holidays and strong next year guys!

• Like 1

wow i thought the 2.5 and ghp 6 was about the same. i cant touch my ghps till christmas so ill see how mine feels

Finally closed my GHP6 from mms yesterday. Took around 6 months from closing my #2.5 to get this one down so you can imagine this one was quite a bit harder.

I haven't put much focus on grippers lately, mainly done "random shit" at gym; manusgrip deadlifts, various pull-up's, plate curls, plate pinching etc. all-around hand strength stuff.

Happy holidays and strong next year guys!

congrats!

i have been in that same boat for about 6 months too. although i haven't done much gripper specific work. done thick bar and pinch. have that GHP 6 has been a bear for me. still about 5 MM short. amazing how much harder it seems than the 2.5.

if its that much harder than the 2.5 it must be close to the #3

nah, it's still gonna take a lotta work to jump from the ghp 6 to the 3.

i was hoping it was somewhere inbetween i can mms #3 just not consistantly. i was hoping i could use it as a bridge to the #3

i was hoping it was somewhere inbetween i can mms #3 just not consistantly. i was hoping i could use it as a bridge to the #3

it is definitely in between and probably the perfect bridge.

Edited by bubba29

good that will work. i just finished the kta im taking a week or two off and then i will start back up