Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

If anybody who can close the 2 wants to race to the 2.5 with me, let's do it.

I've never tried the 2 before, but I'm about 1/8th of an inch away from closing my GNC200, so I'm assuming I can.

I'm buying the 2 and 2.5 from IronMind tonight so I can see where I stand.

I think it'll be a good motivator for us to work more effectively towards our common goal.

Not sure what kind of set will count, so that should be discussed.

If you're down, come at me bro.

Coming at you bro :ninja:

not sure if you just seen my other thread, but i closed the number 2 with my right hand today. it sounds like were round about the same strength levels so im game for a friendly race :) .not making any excuses in advance, but the knuckles on my right hand have been playing up a bit latley, so i might be able to close it with both hands if thats the case. is the race to do it with any hand or both?

il have to get hold of a camera aswell. i werent really planning on filming my progress, but i suppose no proof = no close.

im game for any set. ive never practiced any particular set as such, all my closes start wide.. but yeah, whatever you or anyone else decides.

Edited by alexjones234

I saw your thread when you originally posted it for your left hand. Good job closing it with both man, that's domination.

We should go for any hand for this, in case your tendonitis comes up again, or in case my left pinky gets bitten off by a chiwawa.

As for the camera, maybe you could borrow someone's phone and post it somehow. Such a feat as a 2.5 close deserves a video! :sorcerer:

And let's start with an MMS, if you're down with that.

Hope other grip guys around our strength come join us! Looking forward to this friendly competition too.

Here's to the 2.5, and beyond!

Edited by TentacleGrip

cheers mate. haha agreed! 2.5 does deserve a video! il film in on a phone if i have no other option, but i would like to get a good quality camera anyway. i use to own a panasonic lumix which i sold becuse i was skint.

yeah i hope others join in. this will be a good crack. bit of friendly competition 'n all tha' :)

whats the MMS? you can tell i havent done my homework..

I'd join the race, but the other day, I was 2mm away from closing my 2.5, so I don't really think that is fair. Having said that, my progress isn't blazingly fast, so one of you might beat me to it ;)

Edited by bwwm

An MMS (Mash Monster Set) is when you can set the gripper up to parallel using the setting hand. A CCS (Credit Card Set) is when you slide a 54mm credit card between the handle before the close, and a TNS (Table No Set) is when you pick up the gripper with one hand and close it using only that hand.

I'd join the race, but the other day, I was 2mm away from closing my 2.5, so I don't really think that is fair. Having said that, my progress isn't blazingly fast, so one of you might beat me to it ;)

Maybe you can instead work on CCS closing the 2.5, because I bet it won't be long before you can MMS it.

About a quarter inch from the #3. Got a 2.5 yesterday, haven't messed with it much. I won't be doing any grip stuff until wednesday though, so I'm interested to see if I can close it or not.

Maybe you can instead work on CCS closing the 2.5, because I bet it won't be long before you can MMS it.

Actually, I was trying to CCS, although I didn't measure it to be sure it was open wide enough. I'm still working on my MMS technique, and haven't tried to MMS the 2.5. I don't test the 2.5 that often. I'm still working on getting my reps up on the #2, and working on my #1 filed. I'm thinking of starting to file my #2. Maybe next weekend, I will give it ago, and post back the results.

About a quarter inch from the #3. Got a 2.5 yesterday, haven't messed with it much. I won't be doing any grip stuff until wednesday though, so I'm interested to see if I can close it or not.

If you're 1/4" from closing the #3, then I would guess you can probably rock the 2.5 pretty good. Good luck with it!!!

although i don't own a 2 or 2.5, i will join in on this competition. i started this journey this past summer with a goal of closing the #2. i would occasionally mess around with other people's 2 and not get it. most of my work was done on a T and 1 with decent progress. not too long ago i got a hg200. i used these things like crazy. i recently went to a competition on 2-11 and closed a #2. i was really happy.

so yes, i will join in on this competiton. obviously i will have to get a 2.5. good luck guys.

Cool man, hope you can close it! Can't wait to see the video.

Actually, I was trying to CCS, although I didn't measure it to be sure it was open wide enough. I'm still working on my MMS technique, and haven't tried to MMS the 2.5. I don't test the 2.5 that often. I'm still working on getting my reps up on the #2, and working on my #1 filed. I'm thinking of starting to file my #2. Maybe next weekend, I will give it ago, and post back the results.

Sounds like you're doing well in your quest for gripstrength, will be waiting for the results.

although i don't own a 2 or 2.5, i will join in on this competition. i started this journey this past summer with a goal of closing the #2. i would occasionally mess around with other people's 2 and not get it. most of my work was done on a T and 1 with decent progress. not too long ago i got a hg200. i used these things like crazy. i recently went to a competition on 2-11 and closed a #2. i was really happy.

so yes, i will join in on this competiton. obviously i will have to get a 2.5. good luck guys.

Can you crank out a lot of reps on the HG200? Great job closing the #2, and how was competition?

I've recently gotten my 2.5 a little past parallel from a wide set. I don't really care to join the race but I'll post if I close it.

Can you crank out a lot of reps on the HG200? Great job closing the #2, and how was competition?

sorry i realized i had a hg250 not hg200. i tape the handles with grip tape because the knurling is too slippery. i can't see the markings on the inside of the handle. anyways, i can do singles on the hg250 but haven't been able to do reps. i am not sure how this one would rate but it seems harder than the #2s i've tried.

the competition was great. i had never done one or touched a lot of the stuff in the event. so there were a lot of PRs. i also learned there are some damn strong hands out there and i have a ways to go. i ended up closing a gripper rated at 114. it was one above the two #2s they had there.

Hello guys!

I'm on my road to 2.5 to... I'm almost shut it for full range rep ( was something like 1 mil from full close ), but with little help with my other hand.. In this week i'l post a video of my try on the 2.5 (which i failed), and i hope another video where i close it finaly.

Yesterday closed the #2 for 11 full range reps. Just re-setting it after each rep with my left hand. And 9 parallel reps. I'l post a video of closing it to.

I'm new to the grip, started training with CoC's 15 January this year, so i think my gains are pretty good for this short time.

I'l be glad to any knowledge and advice from you guys! Good luck in training without injuries! :D

sorry i realized i had a hg250 not hg200. i tape the handles with grip tape because the knurling is too slippery. i can't see the markings on the inside of the handle. anyways, i can do singles on the hg250 but haven't been able to do reps. i am not sure how this one would rate but it seems harder than the #2s i've tried.

the competition was great. i had never done one or touched a lot of the stuff in the event. so there were a lot of PRs. i also learned there are some damn strong hands out there and i have a ways to go. i ended up closing a gripper rated at 114. it was one above the two #2s they had there.

That's cool man, I hope to go to a competition sometime too. I haven't done a lot of the lifts they'd do at one, so I'll be expecting low PRs as well.

Do you use chalk? The HG knurling is def. slippery, but can save your hands in the long run if you do a lot on them.

• Like 1

That's cool man, I hope to go to a competition sometime too. I haven't done a lot of the lifts they'd do at one, so I'll be expecting low PRs as well.

Do you use chalk? The HG knurling is def. slippery, but can save your hands in the long run if you do a lot on them.

i don't use chalk but know it would help me with the tougher grippers. btw, i just closed my GHP 5 tonight for the first time. i am so psyched to do it because it seemed harder than any 2 i'd tried simply because of the wider spread. i have a GHP 6 which seems like it would be a bit harder than a IM 2.5 according to some ratings. i am just past parallel on that thing so i will keep working it.

I wasn't a big fan of chalk at first, then when I noticed the dogleg slipping in the hand, I decided to try it and it made a big difference. Especially in the MMS.

Well, I messed around and shut it tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMT1u2dTx4Y

Kind of a haphazard set, but it felt pretty good.

And a feeble attempt at the #3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRTGeXyfYFk

Not even close tonight, haha.

Edited by jmatney

I am down for a race to the 2.5. my GPH's 4-6 and a BB master 5/8 should be coming in tomorrow so ill try and get the 2.5 and the GHP 6 closed asap.