Sign in to follow this  
Wade Gillingham

Ghp Gripper Challenge

Wade Gillingham

Congrats to Jamal Salaymeh for closing the GHP Level 7 gripper. At 19 years young watch out for big things from Jamal in the future!
https://youtu.be/zLnF8nvjZkE

• Like 6

Wade Gillingham

Congrats to Sergey Likhutyev from Russia. The first GHP Challenge addition of the year and it's a big one. Moving up to 12th place with this huge effort. https://youtu.be/U_KGplIPLkw

• Like 4

Wade Gillingham

Vincent Rivellese from New York is a relative new comer to grip training. Vincent has enjoyed challenging himself and the process of setting new athletic goals at 50 years young, proving you're never too old to start grippin'. Congrats Vincent!

https://youtu.be/JrV6jGUnJAI

If you want to participate in the GHP Gripper Challenge visit our page at http://www.gillinghamhp.com/challenge

• Like 12

WestSlope
12 hours ago, Wade Gillingham said:

Vincent Rivellese from New York is a relative new comer to grip training. Vincent has enjoyed challenging himself and the process of setting new athletic goals at 50 years young, proving you're never too old to start grippin'. Congrats Vincent!

https://youtu.be/JrV6jGUnJAI

If you want to participate in the GHP Gripper Challenge visit our page at http://www.gillinghamhp.com/challenge

Nice closes Vinnie!

• Like 1

Vinnie
1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

Nice closes Vinnie!

Thanks!  Maybe I will try the challenge again, for two reps (this time I just did a second close after measuring in case one or the other was not easily reviewable on the vid, but I knew it wasn't counting for reps).  I like the rep feature of this challenge.  Keeps it kind of alive because the next "level" is just one more rep and you can chase that next level easier than some of the large jumps in other certs like MM 2 to 3, or COC 3 to 3.5.

• Like 2

Wade Gillingham

Congrats to David Shamey from Russia for joining Ukrainian's Ushenko and Kupinsky in a 3 way tie at the top of the GHP Gripper Challenge with a huge Level 9 for 2 reps!

Who is going to break this deadlock and become the first man to close a Level 9 for 3 reps?

• Like 9

Wannagrip

Wow!  I updated the link so it embeds nicely in the post. :)

Wade Gillingham

Massive power from big Carl Myerscough.  I expect to see more down the road from this giant.

• Like 8

John McCarter

One of the best attempts I watched in a while. Carl, awesome job at crushing it!

• Like 1

slazbob

Super close!

• Like 1

Anemptybox

216 RGC, damn good job.

• Like 1

Maiche 25
Congratulations, the first repetition is incredible of ease, so cool when the rgc are indicated😀

• Like 1

Wannagrip

Wow! Congrats!

Love the John Denver music! LOL!

• Like 1

Anemptybox

He might be ready for a CoC 4 certification very soon. As long as he's not unlucky and get a 225+ RGC one. Seriously, 2 reps with that beast GHP 9 is one of the most impressive gripper videos I can think of.

• Like 3

Hopefully
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Anemptybox said:

He might be ready for a CoC 4 certification very soon. As long as he's not unlucky and get a 225+ RGC one. Seriously, 2 reps with that beast GHP 9 is one of the most impressive gripper videos I can think of.

Yeah, the only one who has shown anything stronger is holle. Or perhaps not even him, it's debatable.

Carl could probably take a 200 ghp9 and bang out 4-5reps 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

Wade Gillingham

Daniel Kawamoto became the first Brazilian to enter the GHP Gripper Challenge last month. We had some trouble with the video but here it is now. Congrats Daniel and welcome to Brazil in the GHP Gripper Challenge!

• Like 2

Wannagrip
48 minutes ago, Wade Gillingham said:

Daniel Kawamoto became the first Brazilian to enter the GHP Gripper Challenge last month. We had some trouble with the video but here it is now. Congrats Daniel and welcome to Brazil in the GHP Gripper Challenge!

Congrats to Daniel!

John McCarter
5 hours ago, Anemptybox said:

He ups the reps by 4 or 5, they become smoother than now. Carl can take down a #4 with zero problems.

Like so many others, I want to see this man stay in top shape and be ready when the time comes if he is intending to certify on the 4.

• Like 2

Stanislav
2 hours ago, John McCarter said:

He ups the reps by 4 or 5, they become smoother than now. Carl can take down a #4 with zero problems.

Like so many others, I want to see this man stay in top shape and be ready when the time comes if he is intending to certify on the 4.

Carl will certify #4 for sure

• Like 1

Wade Gillingham

David Shamey from Russia has been on a roll.  First entering the GHP Gripper challenge last July with Level 8 x 8 reps.  In January of this year he closed the #9 for 2 reps and now he closes the Level 9 for 3 reps.  I asked him to send another video to confirm the measurements.  3 days later he did and closed it again for 3 reps!  At 22 years old I don't think we have seen the last video from David.  His strength is off the charts.

• Like 10

Lennix
2 minutes ago, Wade Gillingham said:

David Shamey from Russia has been on a roll.  First entering the GHP Gripper challenge last July with Level 8 x 8 reps.  In January of this year he closed the #9 for 2 reps and now he closes the Level 9 for 3 reps.  I asked him to send another video to confirm the measurements.  3 days later he did and closed it again for 3 reps!  At 22 years old I don't think we have seen the last video from David.  His strength is off the charts.

https://youtu.be/cPpX_kv3GDo

Great closes and super impressive! Congratulations David! 

Maiche 25
Absolutely indisputable visually this time, a well-deserved revenge on the vagaries of video quality😀 , congratulations David!!

insane.warrior
Posted (edited)

@Wade GillinghamI think the wrong year is mentioned in the video description on the youtube. should be 5/11/2020, right?

Edited by insane.warrior
added @

Wannagrip

Wow!  Check out that forearm and wrist size as well.

Anemptybox

Extremely impressive! Must have lost some power since it took a few seconds to start the first rep. It's just a matter of time before we'll see four reps from David.