Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wade Gillingham

Ghp Gripper Challenge

Recommended Posts

Wade Gillingham

Congrats to Jamal Salaymeh for closing the GHP Level 7 gripper. At 19 years young watch out for big things from Jamal in the future!
https://youtu.be/zLnF8nvjZkE

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wade Gillingham

Congrats to Sergey Likhutyev from Russia. The first GHP Challenge addition of the year and it's a big one. Moving up to 12th place with this huge effort. https://youtu.be/U_KGplIPLkw

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wade Gillingham

Vincent Rivellese from New York is a relative new comer to grip training. Vincent has enjoyed challenging himself and the process of setting new athletic goals at 50 years young, proving you're never too old to start grippin'. Congrats Vincent!


https://youtu.be/JrV6jGUnJAI


If you want to participate in the GHP Gripper Challenge visit our page at http://www.gillinghamhp.com/challenge

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope
12 hours ago, Wade Gillingham said:

Vincent Rivellese from New York is a relative new comer to grip training. Vincent has enjoyed challenging himself and the process of setting new athletic goals at 50 years young, proving you're never too old to start grippin'. Congrats Vincent!


https://youtu.be/JrV6jGUnJAI


If you want to participate in the GHP Gripper Challenge visit our page at http://www.gillinghamhp.com/challenge

Nice closes Vinnie!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinnie
1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

Nice closes Vinnie!

Thanks!  Maybe I will try the challenge again, for two reps (this time I just did a second close after measuring in case one or the other was not easily reviewable on the vid, but I knew it wasn't counting for reps).  I like the rep feature of this challenge.  Keeps it kind of alive because the next "level" is just one more rep and you can chase that next level easier than some of the large jumps in other certs like MM 2 to 3, or COC 3 to 3.5.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wade Gillingham

Congrats to David Shamey from Russia for joining Ukrainian's Ushenko and Kupinsky in a 3 way tie at the top of the GHP Gripper Challenge with a huge Level 9 for 2 reps!

Who is going to break this deadlock and become the first man to close a Level 9 for 3 reps?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip

Wow!  I updated the link so it embeds nicely in the post. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wade Gillingham

Massive power from big Carl Myerscough.  I expect to see more down the road from this giant.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John McCarter

One of the best attempts I watched in a while. Carl, awesome job at crushing it!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slazbob

Super close!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anemptybox

216 RGC, damn good job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maiche 25
Congratulations, the first repetition is incredible of ease, so cool when the rgc are indicated😀

 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip

Wow! Congrats!

Love the John Denver music! LOL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anemptybox

He might be ready for a CoC 4 certification very soon. As long as he's not unlucky and get a 225+ RGC one. Seriously, 2 reps with that beast GHP 9 is one of the most impressive gripper videos I can think of.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Anemptybox said:

He might be ready for a CoC 4 certification very soon. As long as he's not unlucky and get a 225+ RGC one. Seriously, 2 reps with that beast GHP 9 is one of the most impressive gripper videos I can think of.

Yeah, the only one who has shown anything stronger is holle. Or perhaps not even him, it's debatable.

Carl could probably take a 200 ghp9 and bang out 4-5reps 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wade Gillingham

Daniel Kawamoto became the first Brazilian to enter the GHP Gripper Challenge last month. We had some trouble with the video but here it is now. Congrats Daniel and welcome to Brazil in the GHP Gripper Challenge!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
48 minutes ago, Wade Gillingham said:

Daniel Kawamoto became the first Brazilian to enter the GHP Gripper Challenge last month. We had some trouble with the video but here it is now. Congrats Daniel and welcome to Brazil in the GHP Gripper Challenge!

 

Congrats to Daniel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John McCarter
5 hours ago, Anemptybox said:

He might be ready for a CoC 4 certification very soon. As long as he's not unlucky and get a 225+ RGC one. Seriously, 2 reps with that beast GHP 9 is one of the most impressive gripper videos I can think of.

He ups the reps by 4 or 5, they become smoother than now. Carl can take down a #4 with zero problems.

Like so many others, I want to see this man stay in top shape and be ready when the time comes if he is intending to certify on the 4.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stanislav
2 hours ago, John McCarter said:

He ups the reps by 4 or 5, they become smoother than now. Carl can take down a #4 with zero problems.

Like so many others, I want to see this man stay in top shape and be ready when the time comes if he is intending to certify on the 4.

Carl will certify #4 for sure

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wade Gillingham

David Shamey from Russia has been on a roll.  First entering the GHP Gripper challenge last July with Level 8 x 8 reps.  In January of this year he closed the #9 for 2 reps and now he closes the Level 9 for 3 reps.  I asked him to send another video to confirm the measurements.  3 days later he did and closed it again for 3 reps!  At 22 years old I don't think we have seen the last video from David.  His strength is off the charts.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lennix
2 minutes ago, Wade Gillingham said:

David Shamey from Russia has been on a roll.  First entering the GHP Gripper challenge last July with Level 8 x 8 reps.  In January of this year he closed the #9 for 2 reps and now he closes the Level 9 for 3 reps.  I asked him to send another video to confirm the measurements.  3 days later he did and closed it again for 3 reps!  At 22 years old I don't think we have seen the last video from David.  His strength is off the charts.

https://youtu.be/cPpX_kv3GDo

Great closes and super impressive! Congratulations David! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maiche 25
Absolutely indisputable visually this time, a well-deserved revenge on the vagaries of video quality😀 , congratulations David!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
insane.warrior
Posted (edited)

@Wade GillinghamI think the wrong year is mentioned in the video description on the youtube. should be 5/11/2020, right?

Edited by insane.warrior
added @

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip

Wow!  Check out that forearm and wrist size as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anemptybox

Extremely impressive! Must have lost some power since it took a few seconds to start the first rep. It's just a matter of time before we'll see four reps from David.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.