Ghp Gripper Challenge

Wade Gillingham

Vincent Rivellese from New York is a relative new comer to grip training. Vincent has enjoyed challenging himself and the process of setting new athletic goals at 50 years young, proving you're never too old to start grippin'. Congrats Vincent!

https://youtu.be/JrV6jGUnJAI

If you want to participate in the GHP Gripper Challenge visit our page at http://www.gillinghamhp.com/challenge

• Like 11

1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

Nice closes Vinnie!

Thanks!  Maybe I will try the challenge again, for two reps (this time I just did a second close after measuring in case one or the other was not easily reviewable on the vid, but I knew it wasn't counting for reps).  I like the rep feature of this challenge.  Keeps it kind of alive because the next "level" is just one more rep and you can chase that next level easier than some of the large jumps in other certs like MM 2 to 3, or COC 3 to 3.5.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congrats to David Shamey from Russia for joining Ukrainian's Ushenko and Kupinsky in a 3 way tie at the top of the GHP Gripper Challenge with a huge Level 9 for 2 reps!

Who is going to break this deadlock and become the first man to close a Level 9 for 3 reps?

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Massive power from big Carl Myerscough.  I expect to see more down the road from this giant.

• Like 9

One of the best attempts I watched in a while. Carl, awesome job at crushing it!

• Like 1

Wow! Congrats!

Love the John Denver music! LOL!

• Like 1

He might be ready for a CoC 4 certification very soon. As long as he's not unlucky and get a 225+ RGC one. Seriously, 2 reps with that beast GHP 9 is one of the most impressive gripper videos I can think of.

• Like 3

Daniel Kawamoto became the first Brazilian to enter the GHP Gripper Challenge last month. We had some trouble with the video but here it is now. Congrats Daniel and welcome to Brazil in the GHP Gripper Challenge!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Wade Gillingham said:

Daniel Kawamoto became the first Brazilian to enter the GHP Gripper Challenge last month. We had some trouble with the video but here it is now. Congrats Daniel and welcome to Brazil in the GHP Gripper Challenge!

Congrats to Daniel!

5 hours ago, Anemptybox said:

He might be ready for a CoC 4 certification very soon. As long as he's not unlucky and get a 225+ RGC one. Seriously, 2 reps with that beast GHP 9 is one of the most impressive gripper videos I can think of.

He ups the reps by 4 or 5, they become smoother than now. Carl can take down a #4 with zero problems.

Like so many others, I want to see this man stay in top shape and be ready when the time comes if he is intending to certify on the 4.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John McCarter said:

He ups the reps by 4 or 5, they become smoother than now. Carl can take down a #4 with zero problems.

Like so many others, I want to see this man stay in top shape and be ready when the time comes if he is intending to certify on the 4.

Carl will certify #4 for sure

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

David Shamey from Russia has been on a roll.  First entering the GHP Gripper challenge last July with Level 8 x 8 reps.  In January of this year he closed the #9 for 2 reps and now he closes the Level 9 for 3 reps.  I asked him to send another video to confirm the measurements.  3 days later he did and closed it again for 3 reps!  At 22 years old I don't think we have seen the last video from David.  His strength is off the charts.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Wade Gillingham said:

David Shamey from Russia has been on a roll.  First entering the GHP Gripper challenge last July with Level 8 x 8 reps.  In January of this year he closed the #9 for 2 reps and now he closes the Level 9 for 3 reps.  I asked him to send another video to confirm the measurements.  3 days later he did and closed it again for 3 reps!  At 22 years old I don't think we have seen the last video from David.  His strength is off the charts.

https://youtu.be/cPpX_kv3GDo

Great closes and super impressive! Congratulations David! 

Absolutely indisputable visually this time, a well-deserved revenge on the vagaries of video quality😀 , congratulations David!!

Wow!  Check out that forearm and wrist size as well.

Extremely impressive! Must have lost some power since it took a few seconds to start the first rep. It's just a matter of time before we'll see four reps from David.

• 3 months later...

Congrats to Carlos Rivera for absolutely smashing the GHP Level 7 and posting the second best result with this level gripper that we have seen to date. I'm sure the GHP Level 8 will be next for Carlos. Carlos has a background in baseball and some pretty impressive powerlifting numbers in the IPF.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Congrats to Jeremias Mäki from Finland for joining the GHP Gripper Challenge list!

• Like 5