Ghp Gripper Challenge

Wade Gillingham

Strong close my friend! :rock

I just emailed Matti to let him know this close is not acceptable because the rules specifically state a GHP Set Block must be used. We already have a video from Paul Knight closing the Level 8 with a 1.5" cut down credit card that was done before the official rules were posted and before set blocks. If I was to pass Matti's I would have to pass Paul's, and once you stop following the rules all hell breaks loose! Please check the rules at http://www.gillinghamhp.com/gc.aspx and follow them for your video submissions. I really want these videos to be clear and according to the rules so the process is completely understandable to the public and beyond question by the grip community. There have been some really great videos to date and some that are on the fence for me approving them. When you are doing these videos remember it is as much about showing that this close happened beyond a doubt as it is convincing me or the members of the grip community that you did it. I've rejected a couple and asked them to be done over not because I didn't think the close was good it was more that someone from the general public would not be able to tell if the close was good. Thanks everyone for all the interest in this. We have a lot of momentum and I really want to keep this rolling.

Wade

Matt Brouse GHP 7 attempt, filmed 6 May 2012

Adam Glass GHP 7 attempt, filmed 6 May 2012

for those interested this GHP 7 was calibrated by Cannon at 153 lbs

• Like 1

I just emailed Matti to let him know this close is not acceptable because the rules specifically state a GHP Set Block must be used. We already have a video from Paul Knight closing the Level 8 with a 1.5" cut down credit card that was done before the official rules were posted and before set blocks. If I was to pass Matti's I would have to pass Paul's, and once you stop following the rules all hell breaks loose! Please check the rules at http://www.gillinghamhp.com/gc.aspx and follow them for your video submissions. I really want these videos to be clear and according to the rules so the process is completely understandable to the public and beyond question by the grip community. There have been some really great videos to date and some that are on the fence for me approving them. When you are doing these videos remember it is as much about showing that this close happened beyond a doubt as it is convincing me or the members of the grip community that you did it. I've rejected a couple and asked them to be done over not because I didn't think the close was good it was more that someone from the general public would not be able to tell if the close was good. Thanks everyone for all the interest in this. We have a lot of momentum and I really want to keep this rolling.

Wade

Wade,

No prob, I do it again with right block.

• Like 1

Matti Heiskanen GHP 7

POWER talks with us! :)

Wade, last year my wife discovered my obsession with buying grippers, in case your wandering why I havn't bought a set yet. GHP grippers are on my want list for sure.

Chris - sent me a video of 8 reps but his pinky was in the way. So then he sends me this video of 7 reps. The quality isn't the greatest but he's proved to me on these three videos that this is legit and as hard as he's slamming the handles together I don't think there's any doubt these are full reps. Chris moves into the number 3 spot.

http://youtu.be/dY92sPRQGpk

Congrats Juha. 3rd man to close the GHP Level 8 in the challenge - all three from different countries! This is Juha's third entry into the challege which shows another strength of what we are trying to do.

http://youtu.be/oSmFXG7eSqw

It looks like we have picked up some haters along the way ("dislikes" on YouTube). When you are watching the videos at the official GHP YouTube page (http://www.youtube.com/ghpchannel) be sure to click the "Like" button if you like what you see! If you don't like what you see then let me know why and we will try to resolve any concerns you may have.

13 entries in less than 3 months. Great job everyone - thanks for making this a success. I know there are some pretty powerful hands out there that have some of the professional series GHP's that haven't stepped forward yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what some of these guys can do.

Congrats Juha. 3rd man to close the GHP Level 8 in the challenge - all three from different countries! This is Juha's third entry into the challege which shows another strength of what we are trying to do.

Thanks Wade.

Those GHP grippers are awesome!

EPIC JUHA!!!! :mosher

It's official...Nathan Holle has closed the GHP Level 9 gripper (and I was right that we needed to make that Level 10!). I am as shocked as anyone. This video has been looked at very closely and I am as confident as I can be that this close is legit and done within the rules of the GHP Gripper Challenge. Nathan is a very humble and honorable man with a long pedigree in grip, the most notable being his CoC #4 certification in 2003 at 21 years old. Now at the ripe old age of 30 he has made history yet again. No further proof is needed for me...but here are some of the facts for those interested:

Gripper purchased on 4/25/2012 as a gift from his wife - the only GHP gripper that has been shipped to that address

Video sent to me by Nathan on 5/12/2012 showing the gripper closed with the GHP Set Block

Video sent to me by Nathan on 5/19/2012 which has become the official GHP Gripper Challenge entry video

When asked straight out by me whether he felt the gripper close Nathan responded: "I did see and feel it close, that was about the 4th of the session."

Finally, take a look at his palm - this was a very serious training session!

Edited by Wade Gillingham
  • Like 4

:bow , Didn't think it would happen so fast. Shows what hard work and determination can do.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=34422&st=20&p=481485&hl=+nathan%20+holleentry481485

From the little I have been able to find out about Nathan he has been just maintain a huge level of strength. He locked out a 232# millennium type dumbbell too.