New World Record Hand Dynamometer?

Gripmasters

Think this person just broke the unofficial world record Baseline handdynamo meter. please leave some good comments on his youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCsdDC_lpto&context=C32f1a7eADOEgsToPDskJ5mQsBhKLFlq7N83JdR2E9

Edited by Gripmasters
  • Like 1

For the non-German speakers...that guy has an Austrian accent and says "without training.......this never happened...". Not sure what to make out of his words! Indication of spoof? Looks real...the needle goes up smoothly.. I remember Gabriel Sum did 106K (234lbs) some time ago on the Robert Baraban hand dynamometer. Not sure how the RB and the Baseline differ from each other or if they differ at all. Can anyone elaborate on that? Can't be real...

Impressive! Who is that guy? But still, Gabriel Sum e.g. had 16 TNS-reps with a #3. A RB260 should a.f.a.i.k. fall somewhere loosely in that range, therefore I feel that doesn't justify/explain +26Kg (+58lbs)...

For the non-German speakers...that guy has an Austrian accent and says "without training.......this never happened...". Not sure what to make out of his words! Indication of spoof? Looks real...the needle goes up smoothly.. I remember Gabriel Sum did 106K (234lbs) some time ago on the Robert Baraban hand dynamometer. Not sure how the RB and the Baseline differ from each other or if they differ at all. Can anyone elaborate on that? Can't be real...

FP, you state in your response "can't be real". What do you base this statement on?

Why can't it be real?

Not being argumentative, just asking. I think I already know what you're going to say as others

surely will say.

Thanks!!!

Mighty Joe, it is an unfounded opinion of mine as I don't know much about grip strength of that magnitude. I did not want to insult anyone, it is just beyond my grasp. Thank you for reminding me to be precise in my words.

The person with the best statistics in the world on the Baseline Dynamometer is Dale Harder, aka "oldtimer" on this forum. Hundreds of individuals, track and field, Highland games, grip, power lifting, etc. I will PM him.

Edit: Okay, I just sent him a PM. Let's see what he has to say about it.

Edited by Hubgeezer

That is some hydraulic power there for sure!

This guy actually sent me a message on youtube asking me how the RB260 stacks up against the COC #3. He sounds like he is new to grip training. If this is real than hes a phenom.

I sent the guy a message asking for his name and country of origin and he simply responded

with my name is Chris.

Doesn't tell me much for sure.

That squeeze is off the charts and the highest I've ever seen. Period!

If there's a video of a squeeze higher than this one I would LOVE to see it!

Makes ya wonder how many unknowns are out there with insane grip strength.

His name is Christian Herbert Loewe.

He is extremley strong for shure, but it's funny that he tells always the same story," without training, has never touched a gripper before, blablabla"

As far as I know he certed already three years ago on a RB330C.http://www.heavy-ath...HallofFame.html

In the meantime he posted many videos of different gripper closes and grip feats on youtube, unfortunality the old channel isn't active anymore.

• Like 2

This guy is indeed a phenomenon I was lucky enough to meet him in South Germany, and I was truly SHOCKED how strong he is. It is true that he didn't train with weights, only played a bit with those grippers. once in a few months he picks them up and squeezes them a few times. he is like a giant also I felt like a small boy when I shook his hand He is like 1.98cm/ 6 foot 5

that RB Cert, was without training, he closed it the first time he tried. I have a very hard #3 gripper, didn't calibrate it but many say it is almost like a #3.5, so lets say a 3.3 and he closed it both hands like it was nothing.

I also took my hand dynamometer when i met him, that goes until 100kg, but the needle went far out of the field. Also an electronic dynamometer he had, was error every time he tried it. left and right hand.

he had some very thick magazines of motorcycles or something like that, it was not comparable with a phonebook, there was real strong paper in them. he ripped them like it was nothing in a second! I am quite good in ripping phonebooks, but these books were not comparable with phonebooks, it cost me at least a full minute to rip one with cheating technique.

About his attitude, first of all his english is very bad, so you will have constant miscommunications with him, but in my opinion his attitude is great, he even challenged silverback dude that it is soon over with him. haha in my opinion a healthy and good competition style he has. Something like Sigmarsson had against Kazmaier. :chris:

so for the haters, i would say challenge him back with a video that would be cool.

Edited by Gripmasters

That's the biggest baseline hand dyno squeeze I have ever seen or heard of. I've done 122 or 123kg right and 120kg left. He's past 130kg on that squeeze. That's pretty amazing.

Devil's advocate here. I watched it 6 or 7 times. I am wondering if that little jerk at the end took it from the 120kg mark to over the 130kg mark. I can't tell. That may be the case, it may not.

His name is Christian Herbert Loewe.

He is extremley strong for shure, but it's funny that he tells always the same story," without training, has never touched a gripper before, blablabla"

Yeah, I remember his videos and the talk... Machine740 or something like that was his acount...

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

That was awesome! I don't think grippers closed gives a good indication on the dynos because grippers is mostly the last two so he could have a ton of HP in the first two and not be on the same gripper level as Paul Knight, Jon Vogt, Tim Struse, etc..

That was awesome! I don't think grippers closed gives a good indication on the dynos because grippers is mostly the last two so he could have a ton of HP in the first two and not be on the same gripper level as Paul Knight, Jon Vogt, Tim Struse, etc..

I agree. I am not nearly as strong on grippers as a lot of guys that I can beat on a dyno. I suspect that this guy is pretty good on grippers however.

I agree. I am not nearly as strong on grippers as a lot of guys that I can beat on a dyno. I suspect that this guy is pretty good on grippers however.

I agree with both of you as well. Still, on his video, it appears to me to be a little jerk at the end; however, 120kg instead of 130 plus? It is still fantastic. I guess I am having a hard time accepting that someone no one knows could be 10% stronger than any known person of the strength world.

"without training.......this never happened...".

This could be a meaning lost in translation. I think he ment that "He could not have done this without training."

Devil's advocate here. I watched it 6 or 7 times. I am wondering if that little jerk at the end took it from the 120kg mark to over the 130kg mark. I can't tell. That may be the case, it may not.

I watched the video , replaying the part were he does jerk the gripper. It is were he lets go and the needle jumps back to 0. I did see the other needle that shows max effort and it did not move at all. He really squoze that thing like a champ. Probably had to change his pants afterwards.