2012 Ronnie Coleman Grip Challenge

Paul Knight

So the only three events are 2" vbar, COC silver bullet hold, and euro pinch? No DO axle?

Correct. Part of the reason for the abbreviated contest is the tight time schedule imposed by the Ronnie itself. But I think it will be a fun little contest, nonetheless.

**** no medley!? Joking. So I'm using an IM loading pin to prep for the 2" Vbar lift; I hope it helps some. Whoa buddy; I nearly MMSEd 0.000000000000000000111mm set a #4 today, do you think I am ready for my cert fellas? hahahaha ha.

• Like 1

**** no medley!? Joking. So I'm using an IM loading pin to prep for the 2" Vbar lift; I hope it helps some. Whoa buddy; I nearly MMSEd 0.000000000000000000111mm set a #4 today, do you think I am ready for my cert fellas? hahahaha ha.

haha ... you coming over tomorrow to train?

Anyways, for those of you who don't feel like clicking the link in the 1st post, below is some info on the comp ..

2012 Ronnie Coleman Grip Challenge

Events: Euro pinch (2 hand pinch), the Ironmind Silver Bullet and the 50mm LGC V-bar. In addition, we will have the Ironmind “Crush to Dust Grip Challenge” setup for those who would like to certify. Anyone can try the CTD challenge whether you are a competitor or not.

Entry Fee: $25.00 on or before March 12th. ANY entry fees after that date will be $35. You CANNOT pay at the door as your name will be on a list so that you can get into the building, however, you can pay as late as March 29th. If you completely forget until contest day then you would have to pay the entry fee into the Classic and also the $35 entry fee for the contest … so pay EARLY. Competition is OPEN to all. No affiliation required.

Medals awarded to 1st – 5th places

Warm-ups @ 10am, contest starts @ 10:30am

Okay, so not a lot of time to get ready for this one as I was asked to do this only ~ a week and a half ago ... I knew it was a possibility, but if Brian wasn't going to ask me to do it, I probably wasn't going to host it this year. Anywho, Euro pinch as usual (4 attempts) and then we are going to try out the newest gripper event, the "Ironmind Silver Bullet" ... I don't have a clue how I'll do at this as a max close is different than long hold, so I need to make sure my endurance is in check, especially from parallel position. Also we will be trying out another new event to us (sort of), the third event is a 50mm V-bar, not the traditional 2" V-bar ... pretty much the same except the diameter is just a tiny bit smaller and the texture it definetly different along with the weight of the V-bar itself which I'm not sure if that makes any difference. Lastly, as a side attraction, we will also be judging the CTD Challenge which anyone will be able to try.

All the event rules are listed in the first post link along with more details.

I hope you can make it out. There is rumor that Benni Magnuson is coming out again for another WR deadlift and also the Texas state arm wrestling championships will be there along with the usual fitexpo stuff. It'll be fun!

Paul, thanks for hosting this! It is cool to have grip comps associated with big events.

Thanks Bob, it can't hurt the sport haha.

I just read that Benni tore a biceps.

I just read that Benni tore a biceps.

yikes! well he will probably be out for awhile then I suppose ... did you happen to read how he did it? That's bad news. Thanks for the news Chris.

• 4 weeks later...

Ill be there but I'm reffing the Armwrestling tournament, it also starts at 10:30. Hopefully y'all will stick around a bit, I'd like to mess with some grip tools! Idk if its good or not but I can close a #3 now, but I'm trying lol

Ill be there but I'm reffing the Armwrestling tournament, it also starts at 10:30. Hopefully y'all will stick around a bit, I'd like to mess with some grip tools! Idk if its good or not but I can close a #3 now, but I'm trying lol

Whatsup Mike! I here you've become quite the armwrestler ... Geoff was telling me that you are giving Levulate (spelling?) a run for his money now ... that's nutz! Are you not pulling at the Ronnie? only reffing? We'll stick around man ... if we have to start wrapping up and you haven't come by yet, I'll come get you so you can try some stuff out. Closing a #3 is good dude and you know it haha. See you there

Not much man just chillin, Ya I'm only reffing. I had some issues with my right elbow and still pulled the Houston event on March 10th, and made it tons worse. Geoff is coming along great! I've never lost to him and he blew thru me left handed. Gabe is doing good also, very strong.

Been a long time, it'd be a pleasure seeing you. Take care

Sponsors:

Ironmind

Mighty Joe

Whatsup Mike! I here you've become quite the armwrestler ... Geoff was telling me that you are giving Levulate (spelling?) a run for his money now ... that's nutz!

Let's not get carried away.

I thought I saw some discussion on strongman pages, saying he tore it during an axle clean. Let me see if I can find the link.

http://biggerstrongersmarter.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/benedikt-magnusson-tore-his-left-bicep-off-the-bone/

Actually David, Jarrod was unable to move me for the last 8 months .. you never were at practice ..I like how you hate on me all the time and your smart @SS comments towards everyone. I don't really like you so what you say doesn't matter to me much.. keep getting better behind the keyboard bro!! Lmao

Jeez Mike I was just screwing around...

you gonna be at the Ronnie David?

Paul, if you had asked me a week ago I would have said YEAH BUDDY. But I have homework due Monday in a class that is kicking my ass (who knew that was possible?), a presentation and a research paper due Wednesday (neither of which I have started yet), and two career fairs to plan for on Tuesday and Wednesday. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's in the cards for me. Which sucks because I really wanted to compete at the heaviest I've ever been...I'm 217-220 and still growing...Hopefully I'll have a job locked in after graduation so I can go to the Europa supershow this summer.

Paul, if you had asked me a week ago I would have said YEAH BUDDY. But I have homework due Monday in a class that is kicking my ass (who knew that was possible?), a presentation and a research paper due Wednesday (neither of which I have started yet), and two career fairs to plan for on Tuesday and Wednesday. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's in the cards for me. Which sucks because I really wanted to compete at the heaviest I've ever been...I'm 217-220 and still growing...Hopefully I'll have a job locked in after graduation so I can go to the Europa supershow this summer.

David, how did you get that size?

What changed? Diet? Training?

I can't picture you that heavy.

Haha, yeah it surprises some people that haven't seen me in a while. Basically last May I decided I wanted to start trying to get into bodybuilding. I had been kicking the idea around in my head for a while. I started reading tons and tons of information and watching hours and hours of training videos of pros. It really all comes down to food, and training is also very important. Basically my life revolves around eating, lifting, studying, and sleeping. I don't really let distractions enter into my head...

A lot of people thing pushing a bunch of weight in the gym is going to get them jacked, and I hate to burst that bubble but it won't. Bodybuilding type training is very different both in execution and mentality. This clip does a pretty good job in showing the differences in training style/mentality