My Grip Training.

Guest mick01

Guest mick01

Does this seem like a comprehensive program for a wanna be strong man? I train 3 times every 8 days and work my grip at the end of each workout.

Day 1

1 Hand Dead Lifts (Fat handle)

Levering (I think). I use Ironminds loading pin, using a plate and collar. I keep my forearm parallel to the floor while supinating and pronating my hand.

Pinch grip

Day 2

Farmers walk

Plate curl

PDA Wrist roller (both ways)

Day 3

Curl

Reverse Curl

COC

Any input?

Sounds pretty good for grip training, but I don't know much about Strong man training. I think a smearing grip is important for the stones and such.

Jon@han

Mick,

Welcome to the Training Log Page. I'm with Jonathan, it sounds like a great grip program. I've never trained strongman. All I can say is I'm going brutal on the volume with the grippers. Let us know how the strongman training goes!

Alan

Unless you have access to a bunch of those round stones, I think the easiest would be to get a metal barrel and lift it in a bear hug. Adding to the resistance weight by throwing stuff in the barrel when you can.

Have you done a search on this board for smearing grip? I don't know if the topic has been discussed before.

Hope that helps

Jon@han