Invasion!ringling Supermen Show Up!

1stCoC

Have to be quick about this . I was on my way back to our place to workout and had a call from the trainer that "two Ukranian dudes are here" I walked in and the two monsters(from circus) were warming up and greeting me in broken English. The silent one with a handshake that was so strong I almost threw up proceded to shut the#3 ( both of them did) do a battery of swings with one finger with a 145lb kettlebell, held out in a semi crusifix lift two 88lb. kettlebelles with his pinkies. swing and catch the 88lb kettle in a full routine with only his pinky.He twisted three spikes at one time into a tight, twisted knot truly amazing! He took a spike and wrapped it around his extended finger "like a ring" barehanded. The bigger of the two is warming up and now big Rich walks in....this is gonna be something!!!!!!!RS

• Like 1

Quick - get out the video camera!!!

We got what video we could. Rich went through his progressive grips(3thickness) thick bar gauntlet with 5 sets ending at 504. The circus guy was playing when we were compairing hands and grabbed my middle finger with his in a finger lock contest type grip. I thought (and every one else did) my finger was going to be just ripped off. Thankfully the rest of the growing crowd waved him off before I was forced to shoot.lol He tried the #2 with two fingers as I showed him the strength was there but not the skill. He tried a old Silvercrush #3 smiled and shook his head and muttered "no". What a night! The other guy did a bunch of contest clean(2 hand) and presses with the Inch and Circus Bells and a good try on a 800lb. deadlift.RS

These guys sound amazing, I wonder what they do for training other than kettlebells, sounds truly amazing!!!

Wrapped a spike around his finger - scary. Glad I read this now and not before I went to bed last night.

They stayed for quite a while(worked out 4 hours)and were really good natured guys. At the end they would point to things or bring them to me and motion as to ask "what is this?, what to do?" In pinch or thick bar, even anvils they were "good" but not what I thought. One ripped a phone book in an "old school" manner as Rich said and just ground through it. They all attempted (Rich too) to pinch my wide 100lb. anvil that has remained unlifted since my younger days. I did test them both on a Baraban hand dyno. They were both tired one did 83kilo( the powerlifter/strongman), and the other (kettlebell and nail twister strongman) did 84 several times and 92 once. Fresh, he might go close to 100. I check squeezed the thing to the mid 80's so it was working. The "twister" had hands so thick and leatherlike they were really scary. His forearm bunched up near his elbow joint like a bicep...an amazing level of development. His mid/upper back was so thick it looked like a double buffalo hump. They both must know a bit about grip because they sure knew who Big Rich was. They were also very keen about any kettlebell competitions(Arnold's) and really wanted of all things to "bend red nail". The Twister motioned he would twist two together. I asked what his best kettlebell swing clean and press was(with one finger) reply "70 kilo"(154) for 10! They are coming back in two weeks. RS

Damn!!! When you get the video up. I'm going to cross post over on the DragonDoor forum. Those guys will want to see this too!

AMAZING!

What's there names?

Look forward to any video footage!!!

They were like the men in black...never caught their names (one started with a M). I will get more when they return. I wish I had some red nails handy!

Something I mentioned yesterday about all of them trying the fat 100lb. anvil....... Several years ago on an early try on my Grip Gauntlet Chad Woodall lifted the thing and it was caught on video. He has done the most impressive pinch feats I have witnessed and deserves full credit for doing this anvil as well. It is slick, straight sided, 100lb, and a whopping 4 3/8" wide. Most every grip guy that has ever visited has tried it with no luck except Chad. I have had the anvil since the early 80s.RS

Red and the gold nails are on the way along with IM hand pads. A certification opportunity will be offered should the Ukrainian Nightmare want to follow through on his wish to "bend the red nail"............RS

• 2 weeks later...

The Russian and Bugarian supermen showed up again. I had a brand new box sent from Ironmind of red and gold nails. I showed him (the Russian) the rules and he went right to it in a "less than easy" manner. He put kinks in two red nails but "no go". The strength and power shown was truly scary. He was of good nature and tried to show us some things he knew "how to do better" breaking welded chain and curling a 3/4" 49" long piece of rebar into a giant gripper spring looking coil( started it in his teeth). I gave him some nails as gifts to practice on and he seemed happy as a clam. My deepest admiration for those who have been successful in the monumental feat of bending a red nail...or who one day will do the gold is truly amazing. I have to get back out there to see what they are destroying now.RS

Russian went at it again and took nails and BARE HANDED first stuck the nail into two boards then finished pounding them through with the hammer blows from his hand through 4 boards then... pulled one out. He then took a special nail with a larger head on it stuck it through a small frying pan set upside down (bottom up) then pounded it the rest of the way through the 4 boards with his bare fist as well. He took a quarter, penny and nickel and with a short slotted piece of round steel to brace one side steel bent them to right angles with his hands. The place was slack jawed after he finished . Great showmanship....the pounding with the bare hammer fist on the nail heads was just amazing display of toughness.

Great stuff. I've played that finger lock game with some Russians while in St. Petersburg 2 years ago. Can't wait to see video of these guys, sounds amazing.

Are they currently in the Ringling Brother's circus touring the states?

Dude, you gotta film this stuff and post it. Sounds too exciting to pass up an opportunity to see it.

The bender is with Ringling brothers. It really made all of us uneasy to watch his bare skin beating on those nail heads. His grip from all the kettlebell work was really like I said before "like a bear trap" and his pain tolerance has off the chart. I showed him an edition of Super Athletes a great book of strength feats(many grip) from years back truly one of my favorite posessions. He saw pictures and actulally knew who all the "old timers" were. He actually started taking pictures of many pages just grinning away. You never know when you will see someone again so as he departed I gave him my book in a gesture of friendship. He was so pleased his demeanor was as if he had won the lottery. Good people, men of strength, I do wish them well. Several onlookers(all strong guys and girls) took videos of their wokring out and I am sure they will surface soon on Youtube or on our Sorinex site. R Sorin

The judges faces were more tortured than his during those feats!

Dear Richard, i am personally acquainted c Halaldzhi Dmitry, if you have any questions about it, do not hesitate to ask. I can say that he is holder of 63 World Record strenght, among them - three in the Guinness Book of Records. In particular, he repeated the feat Bibona, lifting a stone weighing 155 kg, but with one finger, he lifts kettlebell of 128 kg (more until he found, within the meaning of a heavy kettlebell), raises the biceps dumbbellhammer weighing 125 kg in each hand . He does not use steroids, and even sports nutrition.

He - the national pride of our country - Ukraine. There are dozens of videos on its achievements, if interested in what, tell me, will try to show, you can look for yourself on YouTube is full of them.

Richard, when you're seen with Dmitri next time?

Edited by Kashtan

Well , I did have a good feeling about the quality of the man! We got along very well and not knowing the "whole story" I think allowed us to be relaxed and become friends. R Sorin

• Like 1

This is me with him at a festival of unconventional types of weightlifting kettlebell sport, in Dokuchaevsk-sity, Donetsk region, Ukraine, Summer 2011, July 16. I then set the record of Ukraine, and Ukraine Dmitryi set a record, which at the same time became a world record by press a kettlebell of 90 kg 20 reps in less than one minute, exercise on speed.

f0ac07c2bdb2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gddPjQxEIe0&feature=plcp&context=C38b3306UDOEgsToPDskLR-Z5IZIkSXKg6htLM79pt

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 1