August 7, 2019

Before Supper 

Week 7. So tired and lazy. 

Bench Press wu to 111k x 5 x 5r

CG Bench 100k x 5 x 7r

30’ DB Bench 90e x 3 x 8r

DB Row 151.8e x 5 x 6r
  • Like 2

Nice workout.  I think the tired and lazy is from the heat.  I'm fighting it every day to get myself motivated to do anything in the shed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Nice workout.  I think the tired and lazy is from the heat.  I'm fighting it every day to get myself motivated to do anything in the shed.

Heat and humidity sucks. Had to turn on the dehumidifier in the basement yesterday as it was hovering around 70-75%

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Best thing I did was move all my weights indoors. The winters never bothered me, but my strength was taking a hit every summer. 

57 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Best thing I did was move all my weights indoors. The winters never bothered me, but my strength was taking a hit every summer. 

For me it's a combination. I get stuck inside all winter and then in the summer when I can get outside the rain slows me down. Winter when it's nice, cool, and dry is perfect. I need to get my garage rebuilt to put everything out there. It'll be heated of course :)

• Like 1

Makes sense. Of course the summers down here are not to be trifled with. The heat/humidity combo sucks all the will to go on out of ya. 😮

54 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Makes sense. Of course the summers down here are not to be trifled with. The heat/humidity combo sucks all the will to go on out of ya. 😮

I’d be a statistic

• Haha 2

August 13, 2019

Afternoon 

Week 8. Rushing as I’m heading out of town. Bench is getting into the realm of having to get my head right for the work-sets. Guts were really bugging me throughout. I was going to squat too but they felt like hell. 

Bench Press wu to 134k(135k) x 5 x 3r
  • Like 1

Nice benchin’!

22 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Nice benchin’!

Thanks man. Starting to get back into the range I was in before. Mind games are starting haha!

August 14, 2019

Before Supper 

Week 8. Got home from my site visit and felt okay. Just hit the main work sets. 
Thinking about switching things up to get some reps in over 500 this year. Then again, I’m getting old and don’t need to push the higher percentages. Stuff to ponder. 

Squat wu to 193k(194.5k) x 5 x 3r
  • Like 1

August 19, 2019

Before Supper 

Week 1. Going to go for some Jobe cycles again. Looking forward to getting some reps in over 90% for a change. Dislocates between front squat sets. 

Front Squat wu to 120k x 5 x 2r

Squat wu to 136k x 6 x 5r - piston 

45 Hyper x 3 x 15r

Seated Band Leg Curls Avr x 20/12/12 - moved it up significantly for the last 2 sets

Neutral Grip Pull-ups BW x 4 x 3r

Neck Harness 20 x 4 x 30r
  • Like 1

August 20, 2019

Before Supper 

Week 1, 5th cycle. Adding some chains for Jack. 

Bench Press wu to 118k x 5 x 5r

CG Bench 
102.5k x 3r, +1c x 3r, +2c x 1r
85k +2c x 3r, +3c x 1r
I think next week I can do better. Had the bar weight too high first run up and the was floating the chain too much (~4” at the top when I saw the vid)

DB Hammer Curl 50e x 3 x 10r

Face Pulls x 3 x 10r

Calf Raises 91r
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Strong pressing buddy!

I’m no Eric but I’ll do what I can. Just starting to get into the range of where I was a few years ago before arm wrestling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eric and pressing in the same sentence with no sarcastic or derisive tone... never thought I’d live to see the day. Feeling ten feet tall right now!😆

And stay away from that evil arm wrestling. It’s path leads only to destruction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Eric and pressing in the same sentence with no sarcastic or derisive tone... never thought I’d live to see the day. Feeling ten feet tall right now!😆

And stay away from that evil arm wrestling. It’s path leads only to destruction. 

It hurts and your pressing is going great duder.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

It hurts and your pressing is going great duder.

Thanks, man. 

I’ve discovered I can’t even playfully dabble with arm wrestling. One brief match and I’m liable to suffer some sort of persistent pain for the next three months. 

Thanks, man. 

I’ve discovered I can’t even playfully dabble with arm wrestling. One brief match and I’m liable to suffer some sort of persistent pain for the next three months. 

I went from easily benching in the mid 300's to barely being able to do 275 while I was pulling. So much constant pain.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shoggoth said:

I went from easily benching in the mid 300's to barely being able to do 275 while I was pulling. So much constant pain.

Jeeez... that’s terrible. Quite an extreme effect. 

My right hand thick bar is still off by 20 pounds from Tommy Jennings kicking my ass in like 5 seconds last winter. Never again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Jeeez... that’s terrible. Quite an extreme effect. 

My right hand thick bar is still off by 20 pounds from Tommy Jennings kicking my ass in like 5 seconds last winter. Never again. 

I had Matt Mask and crew doing that to me twice a week. Negatives are tough training haha!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

I had Matt Mask and crew doing that to me twice a week. Negatives are tough training haha!

I’d still be in the intensive care unit. 

I’d still be in the intensive care unit. 

It was tough. No one at his house with approximately the same skill or strength level so I got hammered on quite a bit.

• Sad 1

August 22, 2019

Before Supper 

Week 1. Going back to a Rex cycle. Using Martins’ cues with the pauses on the way up to my work sets. Also going to use my Okie bar. Historically I pull substantially worse with this instead of a stiff power bar. 

Deadlift wu to
525 x 1
475 x 5 x 1r
525 went really quick but my thighs are sticky. Next time I’ll use talc or tights. With the pause at my knees it got a bit grippy. 

Shrug 170k x 3 x 15r

Lying T-Bar Row 95 x 10/8/8

Neck Harness 25# x 4 x 25r
  • Like 1

I like hearing about a fast 525!

Thats interesting that deadlift bars hinder you. They don’t seem to help me much, if at all, but I’ve never heard of them hindering. 

Edited by EricMilfeld

4 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

I like hearing about a fast 525!

Thats interesting that deadlift bars hinder you. They don’t seem to help me much, if at all, but I’ve never heard of them hindering. 

I think what happens is I'm pretty fast off of the floor then they start jiggling around which throws me off. Trying some different cues yesterday; leg press the bar to my knees, pause, then just hip thrust from the knees to lockout. I did this with all of my sets.

• Like 1