Are There Any Mounted Wrist Rollers Out There To Work Wrist Pronation/

Jones1874

Im aware of sledgehammer levering and using an uneven dumbbell, but i was just wondering if theres any machine like this out there? i think it would be beneficial since you dont have to concentrate on technique and could go heavier. not that theres much technique involved..

Thanks.

You can easily make one. Buy a piece of PVC pipe with an outside diameter between 2" and 3". The larger the diameter the more it will work your grip. A smaller diameter will focus more on your forearms. This is a quick video I found on youtube on a guy who made his own:

. You don't have to mount it on rings like him. You can use a squat rack, 2 chairs etc.....

thanks for the reply, but thats not what i meant. i was just wondering if there was a mounted way of doing this exercise: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HbaApmpa-Po/Sauos5j-t3I/AAAAAAAAAvE/pi245vIQoM8/s400/three.jpg - so you could go heavy and concentrate on the just twisting it. i find when i use a dumbbell i tend to move one wrist in a slightly different pattern, for some reason.

thanks for the reply, but thats not what i meant. i was just wondering if there was a mounted way of doing this exercise: http://3.bp.blogspot.../s400/three.jpg - so you could go heavy and concentrate on the just twisting it. i find when i use a dumbbell i tend to move one wrist in a slightly different pattern, for some reason.

climber511 makes a devise that slides on the end of a barbell. It's tremendous.

Someone one this board had homemade machine for that. It was piece of pipe that fit over 50mm bar end. Then there was handle at the end of pipe and cable attached to pipe. Some may find picture to clear what I mean :)

if anyone can get a picture up that would be great! i love training with different tools + it sounds like it would work like a charm.

if anyone can get a picture up that would be great! i love training with different tools + it sounds like it would work like a charm.

http://www.angelfire...runt/Twist.html

Something like this but That pipe after tee is over 50mm inside-diameter.

cheers for posting. ive seen that before, its actually where i had the idea from. i was wondering if there was a version out there where you use weights instead of having to tighten the hose clamp. that way you know exactly how much resistance is being applied.

Looks like a market gap...

I'll take a pciture and post it, give me a day or two - I've been making them for years now. Several models actually that can be used in more than one manner. Making a wrist roller can be as simple as a piece of PVC and a rope (timber hitch) with some adhesive tape on it - or something welded up with a steel cable in a guide - the handle on the end is relatively a newly brought back idea based on decades old equipment and made into a wrist roller/ wrist thingy idea.

I'll take a pciture and post it, give me a day or two - I've been making them for years now. Several models actually that can be used in more than one manner. Making a wrist roller can be as simple as a piece of PVC and a rope (timber hitch) with some adhesive tape on it - or something welded up with a steel cable in a guide - the handle on the end is relatively a newly brought back idea based on decades old equipment and made into a wrist roller/ wrist thingy idea.

sounds good mate. looking forward to see what you've got rigged up.

Machines for this purpose were comercially available from several companies before. I've seen quite a few in older highschool gyms.

Go here: http://armwrestlingmachine.com/

Click on "pictures" to the left and check out John Cole's device.

I have a much less complicated version I made myself that you just add

weight plates to. I'll try to get a pic up this week for you.

Hope this helps!

Go here: http://armwrestlingmachine.com/

Click on "pictures" to the left and check out John Cole's device.

I have a much less complicated version I made myself that you just add

weight plates to. I'll try to get a pic up this week for you.

Hope this helps!

wow! they really have thought of everything over on that site. they've got some really nifty looking stuff. i bet its not going cheap though!

and if you can get a pic up later in the week that would be great Joe, Cheers.

Bumping for Mighty Joe to post that pic :)

How about a video?

I'm doing it today to demonstrate just how versatile this device can be.

Simple! Effective! Easy to make!

What else can one ask for???

Sorry for the delay my grip friend!

Here's the video Alex:

Hope this helps!

Edited by Mighty Joe

Here's the video Alex:

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that Joe! looks to be simple and effective. il get myself one of those pretty soon. i love having a range of grip tools. variety is the spice of life.

also, sounds a bit strange to here my name put up in a video. first time ive had someone upload a video for me. so thanks for that! :)

Not a problem!

Glad I could help Alex!