82.5 And 100k Records Lists

Mikael Siversson

Just a heads up for 2012. The records lists I maintain for the Europinch and standardised vbars are for results set in competitions publicly (GripBoard and/or World of Grip) announced at least one month in advance. Properly calibrated (or certified) weights is a must (e.g., post office, certified scale or using a high resolution, non-certified scale calibrated by using either certified plates or actual calibration weights) and the scale used for the weigh-in must also be calibrated. This can simply be done by placing a calibrated Euro set up weighing 82.5k and 100k and use the nominal weight recorded on scale for these actual weights as a guide.

Weigh-in must be done on the day of competition, no earlier than one hour before the competition starts. There is obviously no need to weigh people in the HW class.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Depending on who decides to lose a few pounds or gain several pounds - the 100K class could easily end up being really exciting. Adam is light enough already but the others I think are all within striking distance easily enough. I'm sure there are several more I am forgetting here but these alone would make for some serious competitions.

David Horne

Nick McKinless

Adam Glass

Paul Knight

Andrew Durniant

Eric Milfeld - could gain quite a few pounds which could make him competitive here

Daniel Reinard - with another 40# on him might be a factor if he would choose to do so.

Apologies to those I forgot. There are no doubt some others who might contend individual events well but the above seem likely for the overall.

Thanks Mikael for providing clear and concise instructions on the weigh-ins!

100kg will be an interesting class indeed!

-My understanding is Andrew is 230ish and I'll be surprised if he cuts any weight when he already competes with the big boys at MM, he's probably 10% BF right now, and he flat out said his goal was getting stronger

-Paul Knight and Adam Glass will duke it out for most of the records in this class IMO. I'd put my money on Nick vs. either of them in a grip contest but Nick doesn't seem to compete very much anymore so I don't know how much of a factor he'll be. David Horne is of course the favorite but can he make weight? I always thought he was 220ish but others have said more like 240ish; will he cut?

-Gabriel Sum is 220ish and I think he'd be a force if he got interested.

Adam mentioned a few days ago he is weighing 217. Paul has to lose only four pounds; so the Metroflex should prove an epic battle between these gripsters.

I REALLY dislike dieting, especially when I am already pretty lean, so moving up to 220 is something I plan to do at some point. It will be interesting to see how it affects my strength in the various grip disciplines.

Mikael, yes, well done. I will pick one small bone with you though: as you know, I prefer a two hour window for weighing in for practical reasons. Consider the meet director who is also a competitor and is trying to get all the final details in order on the morning of the contest. He may also be responsible for weighing in all the contestants. I just think one hour is a very tight window to get everything done. Not to mention warmups, rules briefing, trying to rehydrate, etc. I suspect you are trying to limit the degree to which "oversized" contestants can drop considerable weight to compete at a body weight they would normally never weigh. I'm fine with that, as it is a level playing field, regardless. But I really think two hours would serve the same purpose while being a little more reasonable for all concerned. The International Powerlifting Federation has adopted a two hour standard, by the way. Then you have professional boxing and MMA where weigh-ins are permitted the night before, as was formerly the case with powerlifting.

AW is 2 hours as well unless you get into Nationals or Worlds and then it can be up to a week out (ridiculous).

I was 216 when I pinched 240 at nationals, curious is there anyone else on the top 10 list who is at 100kg or lower who is in front of me?

-My understanding is Andrew is 230ish and I'll be surprised if he cuts any weight when he already competes with the big boys at MM, he's probably 10% BF right now, and he flat out said his goal was getting stronger

-Paul Knight and Adam Glass will duke it out for most of the records in this class IMO. I'd put my money on Nick vs. either of them in a grip contest but Nick doesn't seem to compete very much anymore so I don't know how much of a factor he'll be. David Horne is of course the favorite but can he make weight? I always thought he was 220ish but others have said more like 240ish; will he cut?

What is Nick and David pulling on the axle? do you know Josh?

Nick.

I was 216 when I pinched 240 at nationals, curious is there anyone else on the top 10 list who is at 100kg or lower who is in front of me?

What is Nick and David pulling on the axle? do you know Josh?

I don't know, I don't consider it a grip lift :grin: I think you'd be the favorite on grippers although maybe David could give you a scare on the vulcan. I'd give Nick and David the nod on 2HP and the wrist event. The support event and/or the medley would depend on what is contested.

@Adam: I'm pretty sure Nick walks around at 220ish so if he wasn't 100kg on his 2HP lift day ( l believe he's one or two ahead of you on the list), he was probably a deuce away.

Ok, how long have I been away that there is now a 100-kg weight class?

I'm not sure I ever said I didn't like weight classes. I think I said that they were not a perfect predictor of Two Hand Pinch strength. Either way, I am good with weight classes.

As far as not discussing things like this, I do wish I was contacted to come and join in, since I run the North American Organization and since I tried to get a world wide organization going with you and David Horne.

But let's not dwell on that stuff. Let's push forward.

Mikael, what is a valid email address for you. Could you PM it to me?

Thanks.

Jedd