Aw Training In Ny

Chez

Hey, I have started to really get into AW in the past couple months. Does anyone know of any training groups in the NY/CT area? Right now I just mess around with friends but none of them are strong enough. I lift and train grip but I really want some practice against guys who know what they are doing.

I guess Holland is just a busstop to far away huh. Shame. I'd really like to give handwrestling a try sometime. But I think it's very taxing on the arms, together

with griptraining.

I guess Holland is just a busstop to far away huh. Shame. I'd really like to give handwrestling a try sometime. But I think it's very taxing on the arms, together

with griptraining.

haha, wish you were closer bud. None of my friends here are into this stuff like I am. Been watching a lot of AW on youtube. maybe down the line I will do some amateur stuff.

There are tons of great armwrestlers in New York and Connecticut. Go over here http://teammaine.pro....com/index.cgi? and register and you will find a lot of people.

For a more direct route, go here http://nycarms.com/

This is just copy/pasted from nycarms:

Neighborhood PRACTICE PARTNERS

Brooklyn: Alex Josowitz 718-683-0973

Staten Island: Sean Sparandero 718-966-7778

Bronx: Mike Hall hallmic@gmail.com

Long Island: Dan Fortuna 631.357.0692 nutro0306@aol.com

Upstate, NY: Cropseyville, NY. Ray Darling 518-279-4010 bigarm1a@aol.com

Upstate, NY: Syracuse, NY. Rich Nagy rnagy71@yahoo.com

Upstate, NY: Liverpool, NY: Roger Dunn - ndunn502003@yahoo.com

Information: Call 718-544-4592 or Email nyawa@aol.com

Edited by thewalrus

Thanks a lot man. I'm definitely going to check those out.

• 2 weeks later...

I train with the guys from nycarms.com. The main training spot is in Queens, NY at Jason Vales home. He has his whole basement fitted with 2 professional arm wrestling tables and a nice amount of room. You always get a great group of guys with a ton of experience and massive strength.

I train with the guys from nycarms.com. The main training spot is in Queens, NY at Jason Vales home. He has his whole basement fitted with 2 professional arm wrestling tables and a nice amount of room. You always get a great group of guys with a ton of experience and massive strength.

How often do people usually meet up to train at Jason's home and do you know his email address? Thanks

We normally train on Thursdays but have been practicing on Mondays for the past few weeks.We'll train once a week, sometimes twice a week but it's rare. I only have his cell. He shoots out a mass text message for the practices each week. Email nyawa@aol.com from the site and ask that you'd like to come to one of the practices. They should be able to give you some info. Jason doesn't mind people coming from word of mouth either. Where are you located?

I live in Katonah. Its a small town in the suburbs. Doubt you have heard of it. Its like 25 mins north of white plains. I have friends that live in queens.

I'll PM you next time we have a practice, hopefully you can come down. Most of the guys are going to a tournament in CT on the 21st so practice is put on hold till after the event. Always want to give at least 2 weeks of rest from pulling before a competition.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, I have started to really get into AW in the past couple months. Does anyone know of any training groups in the NY/CT area? Right now I just mess around with friends but none of them are strong enough. I lift and train grip but I really want some practice against guys who know what they are doing.

Meet you half way once a month at a coffee shop. :grin:

Seriously though..