Ghp Grippers Calibrated

macaz

$7 display for the GHP series. Has one spot open for the 10.

This was hard to photograph since the flash just bounced back.

gallery_19587_1292_169192.jpg

Rich, when photographing a reflective subject such as bright metal stand at a 45 degree angle and then shoot.

If a head on shot is needed and you have a shoe mount flash, bounce the flash off the ceiling. Makes for an awesome

shot with no glare. If your camera does not have this capability, place your point & shoot on a tripod and do a longer exposure

until light is correct.

Hope this helps bro!!!

$7 display for the GHP series. Has one spot open for the 10. This was hard to photograph since the flash just bounced back.

I wish that was above my fireplace mantle in the living room! :wub:

Thanks, but I doubt you want it anymore because one of my sweat little girls took a screwdriver and scratched the hell out of the shiny surface. AAAHHHHHHHH I dont even know what to say to them. They are too old to pull this crap.

I found out it was Sarah. I’m glad it was her just because she is younger. She is in her room for the night and can only come out for dinner.

The older one, Eileen has already been through her terror phase and if it was her it would have been out of malice.

Here is an old photo of Sarah the grip display destroyer.

gallery_19587_1236_19802.jpg

this pic will make the best Christmas card next year, and of course 17 years from now this must be shown to her prom date :grin:

I think Ill show her prom date my 45 and my shovel. Jist kidding...I think.

I ordered the Level 5 last week and closed it pretty easy. Just got the Level 6 and it's a bit harder then my CoC 2.5. It's going to make a great training gripper to help me get the CoC 3 closed.

The knurling on the GHP gripper is awesome. Very well thought out design. These 2 new GHP grippers are the nicest one's in my collection.

Kilkkinen calibrated 2 GHP grippers Level 6 to me and they were.

Level 6 / 58.5 kg / 129.13 lbs / rating = 2.48

Level 6 / 59 kg / 130,2 lbs / rating= 2,50

Please calibrated your GHP grippers and let other people to know what the ratings are.

Thanks a lot for your datta. So we have three Ghp 6 averageing at 131# .

This is good news due to the fact that it's always been difficult to find grippers in

the 130 range. Looks like GHP level 6 will fill that gap nicely.

This is good news due to the fact that it's always been difficult to find grippers in

the 130 range. Looks like GHP level 6 will fill that gap nicely.

Agreed. It will make an awesome gripper to help people (like me) bridge the gap to the #3 CoC.

I like the new avatar by the way. :)

Please calibrated your GHP grippers and let other people to know what the ratings are.

What does 2.48 and 2.50 mean?

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks

It's an arbitrary conversion that is meant to show where the gripper would land versus the average Ironmind #2, or #3, etc. The more useful number is the actual rating.

• Like 2

Thanks

It's an arbitrary conversion that is meant to show where the gripper would land versus the average Ironmind #2, or #3, etc. The more useful number is the actual rating.

What is the standard for a #3? I have seen poundages from high 130's to high 150's.

I think average #3 is considered 150 as a nice round number. However almost every 2008 and later GR8 #3 I have rated was 153ish.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the GHP collection with the GHP10. The only difference with it compared to the others is it is the only one with a gold colored lettering at the bottom of the gripper. Oh ya the spring is huge too.

GHP1=47.5

GHP2=62.9

GHP3=87.7

GHP4=92.8 after 100 Chest Crushes 92.4 = 99.5% retention

GHP5=112.3 after 100 CCs 112.0 = 99.7% retention

GHP6=135.0 after 100 CCs 134.5 = 99.6% retention

GHP7=149.1

GHP8=169.4

GHP9=226.3

GHP10=268.9

Dam, The GHP 10 makes a nice paper weight. no one is closing that.

I would imagine if someone like Tim or Paul needed a gripper for negatives this one would be good.

Sounds about right. I closed ATG's #6 and it was definitely a bit tougher than the 2.5 coc. But, not as hard as any #3 I've tried. These are by far the best grippers I've ever used. Nice work!

well if you get it in a chokcer with a few mm to close you can do some forced negatives which if your goal is to cred card set a #4-which is possible for the best of the best right now which is around 215ish then this could be a gripper to work negatives like mentioned. I agree noone will be closing it but super grippers like that has more use then some of those crazy ones that warren tetting made which are huge paper weights.

Sounds about right. I closed ATG's #6 and it was definitely a bit tougher than the 2.5 coc. But, not as hard as any #3 I've tried. These are by far the best grippers I've ever used. Nice work!

ATG's GHP L6 turned out to have a rating of 135#.

GHP10 for these monsters!! And anyone with two hands can close??