Ghp Grippers Calibrated

macaz

Just got in my order of GHP grippers. I ordered #4, 5, 6, 7 & 9. I meant to order the 8 and will do so later.

First the grippers are easily the best designed grippers I own by far. The most appealing feature to me is that the finger side of the gripper has a slightly smoother knurling than the palm side. The palm side handle is aggressive but not sharp feeling if that makes sence. The handle stays put in the palm.

They are as pretty looking or even better looking than my Atomgripz.

The top and bottom of the handles have a nice rounded edge to them.

I put them on the RGC and here are my #s

GHP4=92.8

GHP5=112.3

GHP6=135.0

GHP7=149.1

GHP9=226.3

gallery_19587_1292_47653.jpg

B

gallery_19587_1292_121735.jpg

C

gallery_19587_1292_73491.jpg

They look great, Rich! Thanks for posting that. I really like the rounded ends.

That's not where I thought the numbers would shake out. Were you surprised?

Great stuff Rich! According to tracking mine were supposed to show up today but they didn't so hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. I agree with Cannon that the rounded ends look good.

Matt, what #'s did you expect to see?

Also, Rich doesn't mention if he pre-seasons before calibrating or just starts hanging

weight from the handle and see what happens.

I can only speak for myself but pre-seasoning seems to reduce #'s slightly in some cases

and significantly in others.

Not trying to start a debate. Just an observation.

I can’t say I was surprised because I had no Idea at where they would be. I'm very curious as to where the #8 will fall. Probably like 160-170 I’m guessing. I am interested at what other people get for there RGC#s.

The spread on these grippers were all very consistent @ around 2.8 inches

Also, Rich doesn't mention if he pre-seasons before calibrating or just starts hanging

I can only speak for myself but pre-seasoning seems to reduce #'s slightly in some cases

The grippers were calibrated straight out of the package. The package was nice BTW... It was a heat sealed plastic bag with a little desiccant gizmo in it.

The progression seems great but for some reason I thought everything would be shifted so that the level 7 would be the 160ish gripper.

I guess my point is that Rich's post is awesome and this will help me with ordering! :)

Will probably drop the L4 and pick up L8. Was going to get 3-7. Thanks Rich!

Got GHP's 1 through 6 in the mail today!

If all goes well I hope to have 7, 8, and 9 under the tree Sunday morning.

I will wait till then to take some pics and give a first impressions review.

Also, I forgot to THANK Rich for the calibration #'s he posted. As more and more hit

the hands of those that calibrate grippers we should start seeing some good averages.

I haven't been this excited about a new line of grippers in a while.

My level 6 was quite a bit tougher than any of my COC 2.5's. This seems to be the "Go To Gripper" for

a nice bridge to a #3.

If Rich's calibration of level 9 is close to an average, it's safe to say we probably won't be seeing it

closed for some time. The level 10 will be for that mutant freak roaming around somewhere here

on planet earth just waiting to come out of the wood work.

Edited by Mighty Joe

This is great, Rich! Thank you for sharing this. I'm really interested where the GHP8 shakes out.

Tom

I just noticed that the springs came pre oiled so there is no reason to oil them 1st when calibrating. I thought I had read that on the item description and I went back and it is stated that the springs are lubricated

Since my GHP7 seemed to be a bit lower than were the others fell in line with. I may re calibrate it today. Who knows... maybe I missed a 10 pound plate that I had on the rig. I doubt it but it is worth a check.

The #9 was for a beast though. I had a ton of weight on that thing.

Next week Ill get in the GHP8 and put up the #

My GHP's showed up yesterday. I opened level 5 and closed it but am going to wait until after Christmas is over to do a review on them so I can do it proper like. I'm also going to put them through the paces for a week or two before putting them on the rgc. Since Rich already out of the package measurements I'll do mine after a bunch of closes/attempts on them.

Ok I recalibrated the GHP7 and got 149.7. Looks like mine is arround an average three.

My GHP's showed up yesterday. I opened level 5 and closed it but am going to wait until after Christmas is over to do a review on them so I can do it proper like. I'm also going to put them through the paces for a week or two before putting them on the rgc. Since Rich already out of the package measurements I'll do mine after a bunch of closes/attempts on them.

I will close my 4-6 a bunch and re calibrate. It will be good to se if there is an initial drop. Looks like after the initial close my #7 gained 0.6 #s Just kidding, on my rig a half a pound is hard to tell if it was really needed. One thing about my new rig for calibrating is my #s are very close with each separate measurement. My first rig had some variance like +-3#.

Anyway, I am expecting really no change with the spring after the first, say 50 reps. And don’t worry about me stomping on them. I will do it by hand which is why I did not offer to test the 7 and 9. I can just barely close the 7 on a great day. Plus I’m in the beginning of KTA and don’t need any more skin missing.

A spring is rust or not?

If you are asking if the springs are rusty then No they are brand new.

I can’t say I was surprised because I had no Idea at where they would be. I'm very curious as to where the #8 will fall. Probably like 160-170 I’m guessing. I am interested at what other people get for there RGC#s.

I got my GHP lvl 8 today ... the one I got is a lot harder than 160-170. I haven't rated it yet, but I'm guessing closer to 180-185 ... it was much harder than any #3.5 I've ever closed ... probably because of the wide spread -exactly 3" which is what Wade was shooting for. Love the gripper. The knurling is awesome .. that is one of my favorite attributes of a gripper. Great gripper for sure.

I have the 5-9 but have only opened the #5 so far because I want to do a proper review before opening all of them up...I might also wait until I get 1-4. It's a beautiful gripper and I love the knurling on it. Also the sweep was tougher than I was expecting and I'd say it's closer to the feel of a CoC or Atomgripz than a BB which is good because I like a tougher sweep on my grippers. I'll get a good video and picture review up on my blog but not until my wrist is a little more healed so I can give an honest impression of the #7.

• Like 1

I got my GHP lvl 8 today ... the one I got is a lot harder than 160-170. I haven't rated it yet, but I'm guessing closer to 180-185 ... it was much harder than any #3.5 I've ever closed ... probably because of the wide spread -exactly 3" which is what Wade was shooting for. Love the gripper. The knurling is awesome .. that is one of my favorite attributes of a gripper. Great gripper for sure.

Sounds about right. I have 4 - 3.5's, the hardest one is really hard - much harder than the others. The Lvl 8 I brought to the gym is harder than my hardest 3.5 and my FBBC HARD gripper, but easier than my MM3 replica.

if the level 8 grippers were 180-185 that would fill many hard to fill gaps in many collections. It ain't easy finding that range a gripper and would prove very valuable to anyone in that range, especially the MM3/MM4 crowd.

I have the 5-9 but have only opened the #5 so far because I want to do a proper review before opening all of them up...I might also wait until I get 1-4. It's a beautiful gripper and I love the knurling on it. Also the sweep was tougher than I was expecting and I'd say it's closer to the feel of a CoC or Atomgripz than a BB which is good because I like a tougher sweep on my grippers. I'll get a good video and picture review up on my blog but not until my wrist is a little more healed so I can give an honest impression of the #7.

Yes the sweep is notably stiff. My #7 is in my closing range @149 but I have more trouble getting it than I have with #3s that rate a@152 & 153. I did re check my calibration so that was not the problem. It gets stiff in the middle, when I add 140 #s it has like a half inch gap and the last little 10# closes it up steady. Most of my grippers need the 10# at the last mm or so.

If you could Russ calibrate your #7 ASAP. I just am wondering if I got an easy one.

A measurement new and then after you brutalize it would be great.

if the level 8 grippers were 180-185 that would fill many hard to fill gaps in many collections. It ain't easy finding that range a gripper and would prove very valuable to anyone in that range, especially the MM3/MM4 crowd.

The one I have is harder than the MM3 and 4 ... its more like the MM5

How many closes would season a gripper. I know it is a hard thing to answer. Also how much of a drop is normal.

My 3.5 started out at 184 out of the package(cant remember if I put on oil on spring but I think I did) now it seems that it has lost a bunch of strength @178 after being mauled by Russ for a few months.

You'd have to know if you oiled it or not otherwise you're spinning your wheels

Just dont have that good of memory. So the 3.5 is a lost cause. Anyway Im still interested in opinions on reps for seasoning and such.