Steel Benders Hall Of Fame

Mike Rinderle

If we decide on drill rod, I have a few dozen pieces of rated 7" I'd be happy to donate to the cause. 

Edited by KRC
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 3:16 AM, devinhoo said:

I don't think that's a project I could do on my own. I buy drill rod online in 3 ft lengths, so I don't know if it's the same batch. I would have to rate one out of every five pieces in order to confidently speak to their exact ratings. Even if I ordered a ton at once all from the same supplier it could still vary. With bolt head markings I can at least say it was probably made by the same factory

If you have the time to rate each drill rod I can run a statistical analysis to see if they are within a specific parameter that would deem them "the same". Also with a rated cert list you don't have to have every bar be the exact same rating. You can post all the ratings of each batch you rate and people can opt to buy in a specific rated bar for a cert. It would be very similar to what David Horne is doing now.

• Like 2

Another solution for the international benders is to have satellite locations around the world where we all use the same steel and same rating method so we can provide rated stock to our fellow benders that live far away. But the biggest problem is that drill rods are basically non existant in EU so we would have to bend a piece of steel that is similar to drill rods in both rating and feel.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Gripineer said:

FBBC appears to have reopened under Shawn Pantke.

This is true, but I think it was in like 2014. So I think whatever is in place now is what he is doing. 

3 minutes ago, Cannon said:

This is true, but I think it was in like 2014.

Man I nailed that date. Dec 1, 2014

11 minutes ago, Cannon said:

This is true, but I think it was in like 2014. So I think whatever is in place now is what he is doing. 

Sorry, was referring to latest 6 months being closed. And now reopening with Shawn as managing.Screenshot_20231207-085702.thumb.png.9e1a7127aa6d036a9a45fb702491fdc4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Gripineer said:

Sorry, was referring to latest 6 months being closed. And now reopening with Shawn as managing.Screenshot_20231207-085702.thumb.png.9e1a7127aa6d036a9a45fb702491fdc4.png

Oh wow thank you. That was news to me! 

• Like 1