125=0.227 / 50.2

150=0.240 / 73.1

175=0.250 / 75.5

200=0.260 / 95.1

225=0.269 / 96.0

250=0.279 / 128.1

300=0.300 / 163.1

350=0.320 / 185.7

The spread was between 2.5 and 2.75 mostly. The handles have a medium knurling. The numbers are put on with a dot matrix scriber. Springs looks nice but has a funny bend on the non dogleg side. Overall quality is decent like a HG but not any better. I say they are worth the money. Whole set of nine was $69 plus $13 shipping.

gallery_19587_1292_151577.jpg

gallery_19587_1292_55967.jpg

gallery_19587_1292_87263.jpg

• Like 2

That is a huge jump from the 250 to the 300, wow! How do they feel when you close them?

I know I was a little bummed. 250 felt nice and 300 felt too hard

One thing I just noticed with that funny shaped curve (the non dogleg) the gripper feels noticeably better and a tad easier when the non dogleg is in my palm. Maybe I'm just hallucinating. :alien:

I have noticed that Atomgripz have a slightly funny bend as well. I wonder if Atomgripz feel better the opposite way as well.

I have never been able to tell the difference with BB or IM grippers between the dogleg and the other leg.

I finally read the back of the package. It was kind of interesting. The package stated that the pounds of pressure it takes to close the gripper is taken at the middle of the grippers. I knew that is were the measurements were taken to get the higher measurements but have not seen it on a package before.

The package also states that the Strongman grips come in ten different resistances. There are only 9 available on the site so one must have gotten the dump. I’m guessing a 275 or 400 was once available.

Also it is stated that "Strongman grippers are literally the strongest hand grippers on the planet"! :glare:

Good review! I'm a bit of a gripper whore so it's nice to see a real world opinion on a particular set and especially RGC ratings. The RGC numbers are particularly interesting. Some bizarre jumps in numbers on these. 100/125 are right there then a big jump. 150/175 are right there then a big jump. 200/225 are right there then a big jump. Definitely weird especially given the spring sizes. Sounds like another case of the "HG's" in regards to the sporadic ratings.

• Like 1

Thanks for the post. That 350 sounds like a nice cheap way to train for the MM3

I wonder if Ronnie has ever touched these or if they are just marketed under his name?

I also wonder how long these will last given they are so cheap?

I wonder if Ronnie has ever touched these or if they are just marketed under his name?

I also wonder how long these will last given they are so cheap?

I dont know if Ronnie has touched them but he was damn close to a #3 on a utube video. He had no technique in the close but he almost got it. I think the grippers will last a while because the package says they are the worlds strongest grippers. I just got them because of curiosity. lord knows I dont need any more grippers.

Rich, when you look at the mounting depth on the different grippers do they look fairly evenly mounted or is there a big depth difference from one gripper to the next?

Rich, when you look at the mounting depth on the different grippers do they look fairly evenly mounted or is there a big depth difference from one gripper to the next?

Mounting depth is consistent @ 3/8”.

The biggest variance is spread. It shows why the in-between sizes like 125 175 225 are so close to the one below.

100= 2 13/16

125= 2 7/16

150= 2 12/16

175= 2 8/16

200= 2 10/16

225= 2 6/16

250= 2 13/16

300= 2 9/16

350= 2 7/16

• 7 years later...

Good evening, 

could you please tell me which is the material of the spring? is it carbon steel or stainless steel? Best Regards, Nikola.

This thread is 8yrs old. Mayhe someone knows though. These grippers look bottom basement