Ghp Grippers

gerryg

Just ordered level 7 and I can't wait to give it a try.

Just ordered level 7 and I can't wait to give it a try.

You'll Kill it.

Does anyone here think that the GHP level 9 can be closed with a 20mm block set? I am wondering if I should make that a grip goal this year.

Of course that's doable.

• 4 weeks later...

2 new ones were

- Tzygä / GHP6 / 58kg / 128.03 lbs / rating = 2.45

- Tzygä / GHP6 / 58.5kg / 129.13 lbs / rating = 2.48

and those earlier ones were

- Tzygä GHP 6 / 58.5kg / 129.13 lbs / rating = 2.48

- Tzygä GHP 6 / 59kg / 130.21 lbs / rating = 2.50

so 4 Ghp level 6 calibrated by kilkkinen

• 4 weeks later...

Wade, I was just wondering if you have considered offering half sizes in the 7-9 range (i.e. 7.5, 8.5, 9.5 [not that I expect to ever close a 9.5])? Reason I ask, is it seems there a pretty big jumps in RGC at these higher numbers.

• Like 2

Wade, I was just wondering if you have considered offering half sizes in the 7-9 range (i.e. 7.5, 8.5, 9.5 [not that I expect to ever close a 9.5])? Reason I ask, is it seems there a pretty big jumps in RGC at these higher numbers.

don't forget about us weaklings. i would LOVE to have a 5.5. imo, there is a void in the gripper world from the ghp 5-6 and coc 2-2.5.

btw, has anyone noticed the sticker coming off the end of the handles?

No, did it happen to yours?

The stickers are tough, and Wade has said the handles are stamped under there.

don't forget about us weaklings. i would LOVE to have a 5.5. imo, there is a void in the gripper world from the ghp 5-6 and coc 2-2.5.

I would recommend either the BBSM or the RB210 for inbetween 2-2.5.

There is a physical limitation to how close you can make these because of available wire sizes. To make in between grippers when there is no in between wire would require changes to the gripper geometry - ex. closer handles, different mount depths, different ID of the spring coil, etc. - all of which would change the gripper's feel. Bubba - please PM or email me if you do have a sticker coming off - I would like to document it since we haven't seen this yet. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the L7 and L8 RGC'd by RichAZ. 150.0 and 176.2 respectively.

Nice. You got one of the harder GHP 8s. Is that your PR right now MMS?

Yes, and that was the 2nd squeeze out of the package. May have been closer to 180 at that point. Who knows. And am super close with a 20mm. Last two workouts was really close. Hoping a gripper rest and 20mm PR when they get back.

BTW, Rich is the man!

Edited by daniel reinard
  • Like 1

Damn I gotta get my 7 rated. I'm hoping for 150, too. That 8 seems high.

Damn I gotta get my 7 rated. I'm hoping for 150, too. That 8 seems high.

I thought the 8 was tougher than my 3.5 but then again i'm horrible at feeling the rating of a gripper. It's only 1# tougher but that's good news. Now somehow I guessed the 7 to be 150 and was dead on. I knew it was a tad easier than my 3s.

Side thought...is the reason they feel tougher than they rate due to the beveled edge? I find I have to choke up 1/8"-1/4" to keep from having the pinky lose traction. I ride the edge hard and with the beveled edge its easy to slip off. Non the less I like the feature.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got my first GHP in the mail today, a level 7. Sweet Jesus this thing is sexy. The knurling is perfect. The rounded edges are nice. And it's just slightly harder than a #3, which it's cool. Hopefully I'll be consistent enough with it to enter the challenge soon.

The level 6 should be here tomorrow or Monday, and based on this 7 I'm confident it's going to be a nice bridge between the IM 2.5 and #3.

Great job on this.

Edited by jmatney

• 2 months later...

Just received a Level 8 as a late Christmas gift today. Holy cow this thing is tough, more so than the CoC 3.5 I had.