Ghp Grippers

gerryg

I'm definitely anxious to see some RGC ratings when you guys get yours. I wanted to just order a few and hope they fit in my level right now but I'm buying far too many at the moment so I need to tread lightly with my gripper purchases. lol

Levels 5 & 6 are selling pretty good. A lot of guys are taking 5-9, all or some combination. Not many 1's and 2's, yet.

Wade

Wade, When CSS ships grippers are they insured? THe only reason I ask is my post office has been on a package loosing rampage this last week.

Wade, When CSS ships grippers are they insured? THe only reason I ask is my post office has been on a package loosing rampage this last week.

Rich - we insure some larger packages and almost everything international. We have never lost a package in the US so lets hope your post office isn't the first!

Wade

What grippers should I order if I am looking for one lighter then a #3 and one above a #3?

What grippers should I order if I am looking for one lighter then a #3 and one above a #3?

From what I gather from the specs on GSS a level 6 (lighter than #3) and level 8 (harder than #3).

From what I gather from the specs on GSS a level 6 (lighter than #3) and level 8 (harder than #3).

Do you see different specs on every gripper?

While the basic description of each gripper is the same, they have a little box of specs under the pictures of the gripper that has handle spread, coil diameter, wire diameter, etc. Based on these you can surmise where a particular gripper might rate. I'm assuming this is what Mighty Joe is basing his conclusions on.

While the basic description of each gripper is the same, they have a little box of specs under the pictures of the gripper that has handle spread, coil diameter, wire diameter, etc. Based on these you can surmise where a particular gripper might rate. I'm assuming this is what Mighty Joe is basing his conclusions on.

I was looking wire diameters only in millimeters and they are same on each gripper, inches chance as they should :)

Edited by brujeria

I was looking wire diameters only in millimeters and they are same on each gripper, inches chance as they should :)

You are correct. The wire diameter in millimeters is listed all the same for some reason. Anyhow, here is a list of the GHP wire diameters and it's closest CoC counterpart. This doesn't necessarily mean they are as easy/hard as their respective CoC level counterparts but it should give a good idea I'd imagine. The Level 9 falls somewhere between the #3.5 and the #4 in wire diameter so I just put a 3.7 up there.

Level Wire CoC

1 .207 Sport

2 .225 Trainer

3 .243 #1

4 .250 #1.5

5 .262 #2

6 .273 #2.5

7 .281 #3

8 .295 #3.5

9 .302 #3.7

You are correct. The wire diameter in millimeters is listed all the same for some reason. Anyhow, here is a list of the GHP wire diameters and it's closest CoC counterpart. This doesn't necessarily mean they are as easy/hard as their respective CoC level counterparts but it should give a good idea I'd imagine. The Level 9 falls somewhere between the #3.5 and the #4 in wire diameter so I just put a 3.7 up there.

Level Wire CoC

1 .207 Sport

2 .225 Trainer

3 .243 #1

4 .250 #1.5

5 .262 #2

6 .273 #2.5

7 .281 #3

8 .295 #3.5

9 .302 #3.7

Level 9 is .312

Sorry about the wire diams in mm all being the same. I will get that fixed later tonight.

I don't like to compare our grippers to anyone elses but I think you guys are on the right track. Most people that have tried the lighter ones feel like they are a little harder than other grippers with the same wire size. The bigger ones feel close to me but I think the GHP's are a little harder. The reality here is that there are only certain wire sizes available to make these torsion springs so there is a natural overlap. Our goal on this first run was to make them as consistent as possible between levels and obviously within levels. We did a pretty good job getting all levels to that 3" spread goal.

Ah yes, indeed Level 9 is .312. Apparently I saw it wrong initially that's why I have the "3.7" stuff up there. My mistake. So in fact, the .312 wire diameter put's it right in line with a #4. Makes more sense that way. I look forward to making my first purchase. Thanks Wade.

Per wade

Per Wades advice I ordered the 6 and 7. Since they are slightly harder then simmilar COC's, that should give me a hard 2.5 and 3.

I put them on the RGC and here are my #s

GHP4=92.8

GHP5=112.3

GHP6=135.0

GHP7=149.1 just right for me now

GHP9=226.3 thats kinda like a 4.2

I put them on the RGC and here are my #s

GHP4=92.8

GHP5=112.3

GHP6=135.0

GHP7=149.1 just right for me now

GHP9=226.3 thats kinda like a 4.2

That was fast! Thanks Rich.

Wade

• Like 2

Thanks Rich,

Looks like I made the right choices. Can't wait.

More information will be coming soon on these. We are working hard to get them listed before Christmas so save some of that Christmas cash :)

There will be 10 levels. They are made in the USA and are professionally done. We rethought the gripper from the ground up and added in a number of unique new features that nobody else has. Quality control was a major driving force in design, testing, and production. This is a high performance gripper - not for the faint of heart. The knurling is sharp, the levels are challenging, the the design is aggressive. It's our first time but I really feel like we produced this line right.

If I were to design a gripper, it would have good sharp knurling. Kudos Wade! they sound awesome.

My level #5 arrived super fast and it feels like a hard coc #2. The Gripper Super Store is selling a great grippers with super fast shipping and I'll be getting the level #6 soon! :rock

I now have ALL 9 GHP grippers!!!

I took some good pics yesterday and will have a review along with

some pics this week.

These the grippers are incredible!!!

• Like 1

I now have ALL 9 GHP grippers!!!

I took some good pics yesterday and will have a review along with

some pics this week.

These the grippers are incredible!!!

I am looking forward to the review! I am going to order a few this week before they sell out!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few pics for my upcoming review of these FINE grippers!

I don't know what happened here.

I can't find attach file in reply box.

I had it earlier.

I don't know what happened here.

I can't find attach file in reply box.

I had it earlier.

You are probably using the "fast reply" box. Make sure you hit the Reply to This Topic at the top of the thread.

I did and it's still not there.

Crazy!

Edited by Mighty Joe