Rest Rejuvenates

EricMilfeld

I was stagnating with the grippers and decided to rest for six days. I came back yesterday and got a PR with my left and came within one rep of tying a PR with my right. Now let's see if I can gain strenth consistently with this schedule.

My own version of the KTA program has massive volume, followed by a big rest time, and every single time, there is a noticable jump in strength... only to start the massive volume again, the big break, and another jump in strength.

Rest is key. Volume is also key. In my opinion, learning the ballance is the true key.

Bender, I believe the same will prove true for me as well. The results of all my workouts are pointing in that direction.

Hear, Hear!! I have increased my volume, doing CoC warmups in the morning, Ivanko workouts throughout the day, and my big CoC workout in the afternoon, for days on end, then taking a three or four day rest. I usually come back from the rest with a noticeable leap in progress. Balance is the key? Who'd a thunk it!

I have increased my volume, doing CoC warmups in the morning, Ivanko workouts throughout the day, and my big CoC workout in the afternoon, for days on end, then taking a three or four day rest.  I usually come back from the rest with a noticeable leap in progress. 

Animal! That is my exact work out, for volume and days. #1 gripper in the morning, the BBM for reps and BBE negatives ALL day long, and #3 max-effort attempts when I get home. I do this for four days monday-thursday, and take 3-4 days off , and have had outstanding success every time. Training longer, or resting shorter, for me, would be a poor decision.

I can't understand people who can grip train everyday. :blink

But amazingly, there are guys that CAN and make progress doing it. I am not one of those people.

One of my biggest strength curves came as I was certifying. I trained hard on a Sunday, didn't do any grip training whatsoever until I walked into the gym on Wednesday.

But I walked into that gym on that day and DOMINATED that #3!!! :ohmy:yikes :stuart

I see, I see, said the blind man!! Thank you Sir Snot and friends. I have had some beastly workouts over the past months. A lot of PRs but never that curve I have been seeking. I know your saying but you have had PRs. We all know that the curve is that wonderful moment that all those monster workouts pay out their dividends and they stay for good. As I sit and ponder of the pass curves, what you speak of is true. I also am trying to remember the thread from youngguy of how he speaks of rest and recuperation. Thanks guys for the wisdom of the obvious that I was to hardheaded to see. I just stay so hungry for improvement that its hard to put down the fork and everyone knows I likes to eat. :tongue