Sign in to follow this  
andurniat

2012 Us Grip Nationals - June 9

Chez

I will be there no matter what. I plan on competing in the 120 kg class. Hopefully I stay under the max :blush

barbe705

what are the frame weights/splits for the frame?

I should be there. in the 105k class.

daniel reinard

What are the classes? I should be ~195 then.

I'll be going and need to buy a flight. What's the logistics info for Andrews place? I assume fly in to columbus then how far a drive? Anyone want to split hotels and rides there?

AdamTGlass

I'm bringing a team out

I'll be in 105, Brouse 120, Mathison 120+, Maier 120+, Cannon 73 (*maybe lighter?), Pitts 83, Dellanave 93, Goodin 93

steelbuck

I'll be going and need to buy a flight. What's the logistics info for Andrews place? I assume fly in to columbus then how far a drive? Anyone want to split hotels and rides there?

The closest airport is Cleveland (CLE). About an hour from the gym. You will likely have more options for flights into there than Columbus(1:45 away).

bubba29

What are the classes? I should be ~195 then.

you probably get more directs into cleveland. closest airport is akron/canton but will probably require a connection.

daniel reinard

Thanks fellas for the info. It's much appreciated.

What are the weight classes again? Can we get the classes added to the original post of the thread?

EricMilfeld

Major bummer. Just incurred a rather large financial expense (termites) and can't afford the plane ticket.

Jedd Johnson

This thread was posted before the weight classes were instituted, but in the first post, Andrew mentioned Open and 82.5 for the classes.

daniel reinard

This thread was posted before the weight classes were instituted, but in the first post, Andrew mentioned Open and 82.5 for the classes.

yeah, that's what I mean. Now we have the new classes. They should be in the top page.

Jedd Johnson

If Andrew wants to email or PM me the weight classes that will be contested, if there are changes, I will be glad to add them to the first post, no probs.

climber511

The location (address) is also wrong in the first post - maybe change that as well Jedd.

Matt Brouse

I'm bringing a team out

I'll be in 105, Brouse 120, Mathison 120+, Maier 120+, Cannon 73 (*maybe lighter?), Pitts 83, Dellanave 93, Goodin 93

Actually, I have no class.

AdamTGlass

I'm bringing a team out

That's all just a front, I know in your spare time you walk around in a bow tie with a cane and monocle glass like the Peanut guy

climber511

Nationals

Final Events are -

Grippers - 20mm Block set

2 HP

Double Overhand Axle

Medley

Frame Hold for time

New Gym Address is

Durniat Strength

3065 East Lincoln Way

Wooster

Ohio

Questions unanswered as of now (at least to my knowledge)

Weight Classes to be offered and will weigh in be on point calibrated scales for weight class record purposes? Andrew?

Matt Brouse

I'm bringing a team out

That's all just a front, I know in your spare time you walk around in a bow tie with a cane and monocle glass like the Peanut guy

More like this:

I suppose I could look back for it, but is there one weight for the frame hold? Or can you choose a heavier weight, to not hold it as long?

Word up.

AdamTGlass

I'm bringing a team out

More like this:

I suppose I could look back for it, but is there one weight for the frame hold? Or can you choose a heavier weight, to not hold it as long?

Word up.

3 weights, heavier beats lighter, I think is it 500, 600, 700

daniel reinard

I could be wrong, I think the new frame weights are what he used at his comp this year, 400, 500, 600 and it's all set to weight classes so time is the difference...

Matt Brouse

Right on Dan, thanks.

Jedd Johnson

I modified the Events and Address in the first post.

• Like 1

andurniat

Nationals

Final Events are -

Grippers - 20mm Block set

2 HP

Double Overhand Axle

Medley

Frame Hold for time

New Gym Address is

Durniat Strength

3065 East Lincoln Way

Wooster

Ohio

Questions unanswered as of now (at least to my knowledge)

Weight Classes to be offered and will weigh in be on point calibrated scales for weight class record purposes? Andrew?

Weight Classes:

83k, 93k, 105k, 105k+ (point calibrated scale)

Frame weight will be:

83k and 93k - 400#

105k - 500#

105k+ - 600#

Everyone in the weight class will lift and hold the same weight.

Airports to look into:

Akron-Canton - 40 minutes

Cleveland - 1 hr.

Columbus - 1.5 hours

Toledo - 2 hours

Hotels:

EconoLodge and Amerihost 100 yds from the gym. Will be back wth rates and contact info this week.

Entry fee will be $50 and entry form will be post this week.

andurniat

Entry Form Attached

NatsEntry.pdf

• Like 2

daniel reinard

I can't go guys. Just got a nice letter from the gov that I owe $1500. Needless to say there goes the vaca cash. I'll miss meeting old friends and new ones.

Chez

I can't go guys. Just got a nice letter from the gov that I owe $1500. Needless to say there goes the vaca cash. I'll miss meeting old friends and new ones.

If there was a dislike button I would hit. I was looking forward to an epic battle on grippers with you. Hopefully one day we can compete together.

daniel reinard

If there was a dislike button I would hit. I was looking forward to an epic battle on grippers with you. Hopefully one day we can compete together.

Yeah man. No doubt we would of thrown down hard off the start. For now we can stick to MM certs for supremacy.