2012 Us Grip Nationals - June 9

andurniat

I have to say that for being the first actually sanctioned grip contest (been to lots of back yard events) the organization of it was great. Andrew and his crew of help did a great job working out the logistics for the event stations. There were some really amazing grip feats at this event and to witness them first hand really gives you a new perspective on where I personally need to take my training in the sport of grip.

Great job to all the competitors, organizers, sponsors and help. I will certainly be a return visitor to Durniat Strength.

One amazing feat I must say: I am blown away at Mark Lacina flying all the way in from Shanghai, China to London, Canada then driving a car to the US, going through US Customes rubber glove agents to get to this event in Wooster, Ohio!!! He needs an award just for that.

There are more videos up on YouTube if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.c...16?feature=mhee

wow, great job with the videos.

Is this Durniat's #4 close?

[media=]

That was my 195.1 that gave me the confidence to go after the 206.6. I had to work a bit harder on the 206.6 and pump it to get the handles down. I was the last to go and already had the win. Everyone was mentally preparing for 2hp

Greg continues to bring the pain with his shirts! I think he had a G&R or a Poison shirt on last time I saw him at the Rice compound. :mosher

Edited by jad

Yes! That was her. She was awesome. The competition was a benefit for a camp with children with cancer. Her niece attended the camp. When that little girl got up there and started talking about her experiences with cancer, there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Mary competed to support her niece and the cause. It was amazing and still chokes me up thinking about that little girl.

I emailed back and forth with Mary in 1998 when I was arm wrestling. She was very nice. That is a heartbreaking story and a very strong little girl.

Edited by 33wes

Amazing how much stress that frame hold puts on the body. Everybody's face starts turning red.

I have to say that for being the first actually sanctioned grip contest (been to lots of back yard events) the organization of it was great. Andrew and his crew of help did a great job working out the logistics for the event stations. There were some really amazing grip feats at this event and to witness them first hand really gives you a new perspective on where I personally need to take my training in the sport of grip.

Mark

What are you talking about here? There have been a number of sanctioned contests. I have had 16 in Minneapolis alone. Chris Rice has had Gripmas going for like 6 years...Aaron 4 or 5, Paul Knight and Eric 4, Jedd has done GGC for 7. Please explain your back yard contest statement

I was looking at some results and wanted to give a shout to Austin Acree. He posted some very impressive gains in comparison to his 2011 Nationals numbers.

Grippers

2011 = 141

2012 = 160

2HP

2011 = 167

2012 = 179

Well done buddy! MOST people are not improving at that rate. You're doing something right.

Thanks for the shout out! I just do what adam does, try to hit PR's everyday.

Mark

What are you talking about here? There have been a number of sanctioned contests. I have had 16 in Minneapolis alone. Chris Rice has had Gripmas going for like 6 years...Aaron 4 or 5, Paul Knight and Eric 4, Jedd has done GGC for 7. Please explain your back yard contest statement

i believe he meant it was the first sanctioned event he'd been to.

• Like 1

Mark

All he's saying is this is the first actual sanctioned meet he's been to. All he's been to in the past is backyard stuff.

• Like 1

Very impressed with the event and all the results from all that participated! It was cool we could try out all the events when the competitors where finished and moved on to different events! Also big thanks goes out to Chris and Brent for their help with 2HP and phone book ripping! A ton of strong strong lifts and inspiration for us newbies on the scene!

Nice meeting everyone (Bubba29, Mark, Jedd, Andrew, Chez and Chris just to name a few!).I hopefully i can get down to another one within a year or so!

Back in China

Mark

• Like 2

Very impressed with the event and all the results from all that participated! It was cool we could try out all the events when the competitors where finished and moved on to different events! Also big thanks goes out to Chris and Brent for their help with 2HP and phone book ripping! A ton of strong strong lifts and inspiration for us newbies on the scene!

Nice meeting everyone (Bubba29, Mark, Jedd, Andrew, Chez and Chris just to name a few!).I hopefully i can get down to another one within a year or so!

Back in China

Mark

yes, mark is strong. while nationals were happening we had our "internationals". unfortunately, china beat usa.

• Like 1

Greg continues to bring the pain with his shirts! I think he had a G&R or a Poison shirt on last time I saw him at the Rice compound. :mosher

Gotta keep the scene alive brother! Rock on! :grin:

Mark

Adam,

Sorry you took my statement out of context and I should have explained more. Email and social media completely looses the human aspect of face to face conversation. Anyway just as stated from several others, I have never been to any event like yours or Andrews. Events that set the bar and that are "Official" grip contests with rules and that have a governing body. The events I have been to were backyard events where we were all goofing around and doing strength and grip feats.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

The events I have been to were backyard events where we were all goofing around and doing strength and grip feats.

These are the only acceptable events.

• Like 3

There's nothing wrong with a few "hold my drink and watch this!" as long as one doesn't end up in the ER.

• Like 1