2012 Us Grip Nationals - June 9

andurniat

are all of them qualified? I only ask because I know zach has been out of it for almost 2 years.

are all of them qualified? I only ask because I know zach has been out of it for almost 2 years.

I will be there, Ryan Pitts and Joe Goodin will be car pooling with me. You can also count on Kody Burns from OH (won the 93 kg class at last Decathlon) who is very strong for being so new in the sport (173/194/353) and Possibly Dave D who is qualified via Frostbite contest. I will get a verbal from him this week.

Zach is working on getting qualified, he's PM'd me about videos but yet to submit. I've been surprised, outside of MM certs, no videos have been sent. I was hoping video submission would make it easier for people to compete at nationals.

maybe the video cert angle wasn't emphasized enough. I think I only saw it mentioned once or twice.

Zach is working on getting qualified, he's PM'd me about videos but yet to submit. I've been surprised, outside of MM certs, no videos have been sent. I was hoping video submission would make it easier for people to compete at nationals.

I am surprised by the limited response as well.

Looking back, I feel bad because i never posted anything on my site. I thought I had, btu I looked back and found nothing. I think I got it messed up in my head because Doc and I have talked about it so much on Grip Strength Radio.

maybe think about lowering the qualifying lifts that can be submitted via video. Might be some people who want to go but just can't qualify. Just an idea.

maybe think about lowering the qualifying lifts that can be submitted via video. Might be some people who want to go but just can't qualify. Just an idea.

or have qualifying tiers based on weight classes. some of the qualifying lifts are relatively easy for a 120+ guy verse a 73k guy.

then again, let's remember, this is nationals. it should be difficult to qualify. travel costs and timing may make it tough. people's schedules can get jammed up in the summer weekends.

Down, not out. Been an awful 2 years. That being said, I'm a strong fart away from qualifying on 5 lifts, but can only manage 2 on video atm. Also, if it's important, I'd far and away be in the lightweight class, whatever that is, atm. 178lbs as of last weigh in.

Axle is finally at 300

Vbar is still over 200

Grippers are still over lvl 13/150lb

2HP is at 175 with a hair more in the tank

I've wobbled a G8 reverse recently

OHD is at 100kg

Just need to have a solid day on one of these darned lifts. I've taken to videoing everything, so as soon as it happens, I'll post it up.

Down, not out. Been an awful 2 years. That being said, I'm a strong fart away from qualifying on 5 lifts, but can only manage 2 on video atm. Also, if it's important, I'd far and away be in the lightweight class, whatever that is, atm. 178lbs as of last weigh in.

Axle is finally at 300

Vbar is still over 200

OHD is at 100kg

Just need to have a solid day on one of these darned lifts. I've taken to videoing everything, so as soon as it happens, I'll post it up.

Which also makes the medley fun to put together. Having objects everyone can lift while still shutting down the big guys on something that is still liftable. Lots of gym memebers are getting in some good grip work on test runs.

Axle is finally at 300

Vbar is still over 200

OHD is at 100kg

I'm in the same boat.

2" V-bar over 200

Axil was 290 for 5 sets of doubles

2H Pinch 185

Gripper 141

1 Hand Deadlift 225

I'm hoping I can swing a good day this weekend and get it on video.

I'm going to get a few more regional comps under my belt, before I signup and qualify for nationals. I'm thinking I will try to make it out next year, as Ohio is half a day's drive from my folks house. My axle, and vbar currently would qualify, but I don't think I have a third lift that comes close. My hub, grippers, and 2HP all need some work to be competitive.

or have qualifying tiers based on weight classes. some of the qualifying lifts are relatively easy for a 120+ guy verse a 73k guy.

then again, let's remember, this is nationals. it should be difficult to qualify. travel costs and timing may make it tough. people's schedules can get jammed up in the summer weekends.

Guys it's been a while since I looked at the list in detail, but that list is hardly a bunch of elite lifts in chance 2.

Let's keep in mind that the contest was announced within a few weeks of Nationals last year if I am not mistaken, so there has been a lot of time to bring those specific lifts up.

Here are the qualifications if anyone would like to see them:

Qualification Chance 1:

Athletes in the Open Class who Total Elite:

• Total of 800-lbs between Grippers, Axle, and Two Hand Pinch
  • Finish in the top 3 out of 7 in your class (Novice, Open B, Open A) in a NAGS-sanctioned contest
  • Finish in the top position of your class (less than 7 competitors) in a NAGS-sanctioned contest

Qualification Chance 2:

Athletes can also qualify for Nationals by completing 3 of the following feats during the 2011 – 2012 season in NAGS-sanctioned contests. (Can occur during multiple contests)

• 1″ Vertical Bar – 325
  • 2″ FBBC Vertical Bar – 200
  • Gripper – Close Level 13 Gold on the Vulcan or 150# Gripper Close (parallel or 20-mm Block Set)
  • Bending – Grade 8×6″ bolt, Wrist Developer Level 5 Gold
  • IronMind Axle Deadlift – 325
  • Euro Two Hands Pinch – 200
  • One Hand Deadlift on Olympic / Powerlifting Bar – 250
  • 50-lb Blob to Lockout
  • Rolling Thunder – 180
  • Two 45’s Pinch to Lockout

Qualification Chance 3:

Complete any of the following Certifications during the 2011 – 2012 Grip season

• Certify for IronMind Captain of Crush (#3 or #3.5)
  • Certify for IronMind Red Nail Roster
  • Certify as Gripboard Mash Monster

Qualification Chance 4:

Complete any one of the following Wild Card feats during the 2011 – 2012 season in NAGS-sanctioned contests.

• Close #4 Gripper with parallel set or wider (choker included)
  • Break US Record in Two Hands Pinch
  • Break US Record in 1-inch Vertical Bar (LGC Standard or FBBC Standard)
  • Break US Record in 2-inch Vertical Bar (FBBC Standard)
  • Break US Record in the Axle Deadlift

Take note, Andrew also added a Top 20 finish at World's Strongest Hands 2011 as a 5th way to qualify.

Guys it's been a while since I looked at the list in detail, but that list is hardly a bunch of elite lifts in chance 2.

Let's keep in mind that the contest was announced within a few weeks of Nationals last year if I am not mistaken, so there has been a lot of time to bring those specific lifts up.

Totally agree. It was just an idea to raise attendance. I'm ready to rock and roll no matter how many people are there.

Sponsor's:

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Silverback Strength Equipment

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Chris Rice

Stronger Grip

FarmStrength

Gillingham High Performance

Bob Lipinski

Diesel Crew

Sorinex Exercise Equipment

York Barbell

Got the call today that we are working 6 10's starting Monday. I'll not be in attendance at Nationals. Good skill to all.

Got the call today that we are working 6 10's starting Monday. I'll not be in attendance at Nationals. Good skill to all.

Sorry to hear that. You will be missed. See you again soon.

Good luck guys ! I hope you have a great contest! I hope some of the toys I sent get some serious use! R Sorin

• Like 1

Good luck guys ! I hope you have a great contest! I hope some of the toys I sent get some serious use! R Sorin

Thank you. We have all been giving them a thorough testing here at the gym. The top placer's will all be headed home with a new Sorinex grip implement and other swag. Thank you again for the donation.

• Like 1

That's insane!

For anyone coming in Friday, the gym will be open til 9pm if you'd like to get a look at the medley or anything else.

• Like 3

For anyone coming in Friday, the gym will be open til 9pm if you'd like to get a look at the medley or anything else.

We should be getting in to Wooster around 3-4 PM on Friday afternoon. Any body want to grab dinner? I am assuming there are more places to eat there then in bustling Zanesville :grin:

We should be getting in to Wooster around 3-4 PM on Friday afternoon. Any body want to grab dinner? I am assuming there are more places to eat there then in bustling Zanesville :grin:

A great steakhouse downtown and the owner has agreed to give all competitors a discount. I'll have more details tomorrow when I see him.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the comp and meeting folks.

attention attendees, I will be there Saturday to help out and meet everyone. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had some equipment they'd like to get rid of. I am looking for a Coc 1.5 or GHP 4, a CoC 3 or a GHP 7, and a 2" loading pin. If anyone has any of those and would be willing to sell them Saturday, PM me.

• Like 1