2012 Us Grip Nationals - June 9

andurniat

Sorry to hear this Danial - next time buddy - next time

I can't go guys. Just got a nice letter from the gov that I owe $1500. Needless to say there goes the vaca cash. I'll miss meeting old friends and new ones.

I would go anyway. They usually give you a few mulligans on not paying those. Also you could probably get SCARY strong in prison. Could be a blessing in disguise?

• Like 1

I can't go guys. Just got a nice letter from the gov that I owe $1500. Needless to say there goes the vaca cash. I'll miss meeting old friends and new ones.

I would go anyway. They usually give you a few mulligans on not paying those. Also you could probably get SCARY strong in prison. Could be a blessing in disguise?

haha, I don't know about that man. I've heard better advice. :D It sucks. If flights weren't so expensive bro.

Current list of sponsors:

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Silverback Strength Equipment

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Edited by ADurniat

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Please add me to the sponsor list - I'll bring something with me.

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Do you have a logo? Will you have a logo?

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Chris Rice

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Do you have a logo? Will you have a logo?

My graphics guys is working on a Nationals logo for the t-shirts

Never seen Mike Mahler's name mentioned around here before--is he into grip training?

He's a kettlebell strength trainer with an open mind. He has produced some good all-round strength dvds and he is sending some for the prize packages.

• Like 1

Never seen Mike Mahler's name mentioned around here before--is he into grip training?

Mike is a cool guy, he's not "in to grip" the way a lot of people here are but he is way "in to strength"

nice work on the sponsors Andrew

Yeah I PM'd with him a few times on a different forum years ago. Great guy. Awesome that he's sponsoring!

Updated Sponsors:

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Chris Rice

Stronger Grip

I think that is a great topic to discuss, but maybe best discussed in a new thread since this one is about Nationals.

Bending is in WSH this year in the form of the Wrist Developer. Also bending has its own championship in June this year as well.

Thanks.

Jedd

Farmstrength would like to be added as sponsors.

I've been thinking of putting a bounty on a 300lbs 2HP.... too soon?

• Like 1

Never too soon...:)

Sponsor's:

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Chris Rice

Stronger Grip

FarmStrength

Sponsor's:

Slater's Hardware

Ironmind

Grip 4orce

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Mike Mahler Strength

EliteFTS

Chris Rice

Stronger Grip

FarmStrength

Gillingham High Performance

Clear back in the beginning you talked about having the 2HP and Axle in a different order for different classes - what's the status on that aspect now that you added more weight classes? Order of events will be ???

Clear back in the beginning you talked about having the 2HP and Axle in a different order for different classes - what's the status on that aspect now that you added more weight classes? Order of events will be ???

WIth the new addition of the interchangeable 2hp we will all be going in the traditional order of grippers, pinch, axle, medley , frame hold.

We will have at least 1 (possibly 3) additional pinch set-ups to be used for warm-ups, same thing for axle. This has been shown to cut down on time and I have a good number of volunteers to help with running score sheets, etc so we can just focus on lifting.

WIth the new addition of the interchangeable 2hp we will all be going in the traditional order of grippers, pinch, axle, medley , frame hold.

We will have at least 1 (possibly 3) additional pinch set-ups to be used for warm-ups, same thing for axle. This has been shown to cut down on time and I have a good number of volunteers to help with running score sheets, etc so we can just focus on lifting.

Let me know if you want me to bring anything please.- my pinch set up - grippers - axle whatever?

Question: Will Silver Bullet be contested at Naitonals..?

I don't see any mention of it in this thread, but @Ironmind on Twitter was steering Vogt towards Nationals for a chance to threaten the record. It mentioned "Durniat's upcoming comp" and this seems like the next comp hosted so I was confused.

I don't see any mention of it in this thread, but @Ironmind on Twitter was steering Vogt towards Nationals for a chance to threaten the record. It mentioned "Durniat's upcoming comp" and this seems like the next comp hosted so I was confused.

The silver bullet hold for time will be an extra event at the end for anyone who wishes, it will not be calculated into the overall scores.. A silver bullet lift onto a platform will be in the medley, but not a hold for time in the medley.

Let me know if you want me to bring anything please.- my pinch set up - grippers - axle whatever?

200 lbs plates still coming home with me right?? :grin:

200 lbs plates still coming home with me right?? :grin:

Yep! I want to see you do a two hand pinch lift with them before you go though :)

vogt who? is he qualified?