2012 Us Grip Nationals - June 9

andurniat

Chris, I'll measure the spread tomorrow for you.

Matt, We'll be getting lightweight numbers out soon. Just do the best you can and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Eric, undecided as of yet. Everyone lifted the frame this weekend (which I was very happy/nervous about)

Jedd, Top 20 in WSH qualifies. We'll talk about woman's qualifier.

Missed it by that much!

I just made a pair of spreaders for my Farmers Bars out of 2 x 4s - took a hole saw and made holes then cut the hole in half and screwed the cut off block on after putting it on the Farmers - took maybe 15 minutes to make up.

I haven't tried big weight yet but they worked fine with 120 per hand.

Edited by climber511

I just made a pair of spreaders for my Farmers Bars out of 2 x 4s - took a hole saw and made holes then cut the hole in half and screwed the cut off block on after putting it on the Farmers - took maybe 15 minutes to make up.

I did the same last year training for the FitExpo and it worked great with 700# total

I think I am following you, but could you possibly take a picture of this?

I think I am following you, but could you possibly take a picture of this?

Can do buddy!

Here ya go Jedd

post-3084-0-58497400-1329231304_thumb.jp

Edited by climber511

• 1 month later...

So, wait... has there been a decision on the RT vs. Axle... ?

Word-up.

Double Overhand Axle is IN for Nationals. RT is OUT

Frame weight adjustments are 400 - 500 - 600# and they will be based off bodyweight classes to be determined; lightest bw class will lift 400, heaviest 600#.

Grippers still 20mm block set. 2hp still same as always. Medley items and directions to be determined soon.

• Like 1

So, wait... has there been a decision on the RT vs. Axle... ?

Word-up.

Double Overhand Axle is IN for Nationals. RT is OUT

Frame weight adjustments are 400 - 500 - 600# and they will be based off bodyweight classes to be determined; lightest bw class will lift 400, heaviest 600#.

Grippers still 20mm block set. 2hp still same as always. Medley items and directions to be determined soon.

Very cool. Dig the events!

I'm going to stay in the 83 kilo class, by the way.

That frame hold is brutal. Especially after doing all the other events.

Yeah i'm liking the events. With weight classes the axle shouldn't be an issue. Besides it's a far funner event than the RT.

83kg class? Is anyone going to be in the 93kg class? I guess I can put on another 10# for the next class. Not sure what that is...

Qualification Chance 2:

Athletes can also qualify for Nationals by completing 3 of the following feats during the 2011 – 2012 season in NAGS-sanctioned contests. (Can occur during multiple contests)

• 1″ Vertical Bar – 325
  • 2″ FBBC Vertical Bar – 200
  • Gripper – Close Level 13 Gold on the Vulcan or 150# Gripper Close (parallel or 20-mm Block Set)
  • Bending – Grade 8×6″ bolt, Wrist Developer Level 5 Gold
  • IronMind Axle Deadlift – 325
  • Euro Two Hands Pinch – 200
  • One Hand Deadlift on Olympic / Powerlifting Bar – 250
  • 50-lb Blob to Lockout
  • Rolling Thunder – 180
  • Two 45’s Pinch to Lockout

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer in this thread. For qualifying standards listed above I bolded/underlined where it says "2011-2012 season". Would it be possible for somebody to define exactly what that means? Does it mean all of 2011? Again, sorry if I'm asking a dumb question here, but I'm trying to figure out if I actually qualify for this contest or not.

Yeah i'm liking the events. With weight classes the axle shouldn't be an issue. Besides it's a far funner event than the RT.

83kg class? Is anyone going to be in the 93kg class? I guess I can put on another 10# for the next class. Not sure what that is...

Danial - I guess you'll have to be content beating up on me in the 93s. I think Brandon Gerber will be with us as well. It didn't sound like PK was going to drop down for Nationals. So I don't know who all else will be with us.

Todd, the 2011-2012 season is from the day after nationals last year up to this national comp. Andrew is also accepting video submissions of qualifying lifts, something new this year. If you don't qualify via comps or certs, send him a video of three of the lifts listed above.

Chris, ok cool. I don't think i'll be beating up on anyone. It would be nice however to be able to compete against other class members. I was also thinking of jumping up to a higher class if the competition looked intense.

Andrew,

Please make sure you point-calibrate the scale for the weigh-in at all weightclass boundaries (unless you use a certified scale). Moreover, the higher the resolution the better for the competitiors (i.e., they can be closer to the weightclass boundary).

A competitior weighing a calibrated 93k on a properly point-calibrated scale with a resolution of 0.5k will be referred to the 105k class (as he may weigh closer to an actual 93.5k).

A competitor weighing a calibrated 93.00k on a properly point-calibrated scale with a resolution of 0.01k will be referred to the 93k class (IPF require second place of decimal).

Edited by Mikael Siversson

If I can make it, I would be 148lbs. I guess that means 83k class?

Isn't there a 74k class?

For records tracking, but it has yet to be contested. There are not enough guys at this weight.

I gotta watch my weight just to stay in the 120 kg class :(

If I can make it, I would be 148lbs. I guess that means 83k class?

Isn't there a 74k class?

For records tracking, but it has yet to be contested. There are not enough guys at this weight.

ok, i am sure the weight classes are in this thread somewhere. it is long. how many weight classes will there be and what are they?

Todd, the 2011-2012 season is from the day after nationals last year up to this national comp.

Thanks for the info Daniel.

• 1 month later...

Who all is competing at Nationals? And in what class?