Are Arm Wrestling Really About Strength?

Rampage jackson

This question confused me for a long time

1. i have a friend training in boxing 6 years He is very strong when he go first time to the gym he lift Half of my lifts Is 16 Trust me he is very strong 25 pull ups 150 knuckle push ups and more...

2.im training in the gym for 4 years like bodybuilder Sometimes a little powerlifting i'm lifting pretty heavy 4 years trust me.. I'm 16

He toned and shapely I more muscular and shapely less

7 months ago I started working on my grip i can close the no.1 coc for full 4 reps Nobody at my school can't close even half of this gripper and not my friendwe both very weak in arm wrestling im mean so weak That little girl 14 year old Won us (I'm serious) and Almost every one of our age And none of them never train or lift And don't even have a little muscles

At first I thought this technique but we just put one hand behind the back and just push with only the hand on the table and we lose for almost every one

Since no matter which gripper can i closes No matter how muscular I and my friend strength We are weak Sometimes I do not even know why I train so hard

So what do we really so weak ?

Ok. I don’t know why you got beat buy a 14 year old girl but dont worry. If you are 16 and still growing up tall it is hard to put on muscle easy. People seem to get their best muscle growth after they stop growing taller. It is like you stretch out and then fill in after. Shorter people seem to bulk up easier too.

What I’m saying is don’t panic you will get stronger when you are ready too. Just keep at working out safely and be patient.

Glad to hear you are from another country :grin: . I was worried about your English and writing skills but since English is your second language it is totally understandable.

Me, I’m too dumb to learn another language :huh: .

• Like 1

:grin: no no I think You're probably not understanding what I said i said i Lift big weights and have big muscles and I gave an example of my friend too but my question is why they can beat us in arm wrestling?

Are Arm Wrestling Really About Strength?

That people Never training and lift wights They are thin and weak

To make a long story short. YES, Armwrestling is about strength, you are propably too weak in certain important areas. Your big arms and chest mean nothing. But before you even think about armwrestling hard, you MUST learn technique or you will injure yourself. Great technique will compansate some of missing power, but once your opponent knows technique as well it is all about strength, speed, tactics and expierience. Learn technique and you will be able to apply your power in the right way. Armwrestling is pretty complex, if you dont know what you are doing - you will fail.

It is hard to explain you technique via Internet, you must watch some videos online and follow the instructions. OF course you should take it easy, not to injure yourself.

Edited by Schweinemann
  • Like 1

Good answer i'm guess I'm weak in these areas genetically you can tall me please Which areas you think i need to train?

about armwrestling hard I'm not so interested in Just want to strengthen my weak areas like the sentence says You're only as strong as your weakest link

about the technique i take a look

Edited by Rampage jackson
  • Like 1

Maybe you are not that weak in those "areas", maybe you just do not know how to apply your strength in the correct way. Maybe your opponents just have more natural technique, even if they dont know about it. Ok, you have a fairly strong hand compared to your buddies. You can close a COC, they cant. But a COC is not armwrestling. Im actually pretty sure, that you just dont know what you are doing. A little bit of technique should help you out. All you need is to gain hand control over your opponent, then you can work with your strong muscles. So, take care of your wrist and hand! You propably just push sideways, which is not a good idea, you might even dump your own wrist. Better pull your opponents arm to your chest and then downwards, that simple thing alone should help you out a bit. Just take care that you do more of a pulling movement and less of a sideway pushing. By the way, you better stop that "one arm behind back" shit...thats really dangerous.

Maybe for info, a little basic example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvIpjr2wvI0

in this channel you will find any kind of work out for Armwrestling....just have a look, its polish, but you will get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Igor8649#p/u

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't till I went to my first practice that I realized it didn't matter how big your muscles were. I couldn't understand it either at first, If my muscles were bigger than the next guy than why can't I beat him??? Well arm wrestling is in a different league all it's own. It's a very specific sport that requires unique training methods. One of the guys we train with is 62 yrs old, looks skinny and you would never think he's strong but he destroys everyone that gets on the table with him, even 200lb+ guys who are jacked with muscles, he just smiles and puts them down like nothing. There's also a few other guys who don't look like they are strong but are beasts.

Grip, wrist, forearm and bicep strength is extremely important along with technique. I've taken my whole entire routine I use to do before arm wrestling and flipped it upside and inside out to make sure everything I do is for arm wrestling. You probably got beat by a girl because she probably carrys a very heavy hand bag by her arm putting her arm in a static position increasing her holding strength without realizes it.

Strengthen your wrist and grip then try and beat your opponents hand/wrist first before you try and beat their arm. Once an opponents wrist is flopped back, your in a dominate position to take them down easier. Go to my training journal for some examples of workouts you can do if you want. Good luck