Az Cactus Grip 2012 - Event Planning

acorn

Hey Aaron, i know I said I was going to make it but I'm getting creamed with school work. I got a 30 page paper due around then and money is running low. Sorry man. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be at nationals if anyone plans on competing there.

No worries man, stuff comes up.

Have a good one,

Aaron

Here is the signed up and paid list.

Aaron Corcorran

Jason Steeves

Martin Braun

Rich MacLean

Zach Lister

Tim Struse

Hey Aaron, i know I said I was going to make it but I'm getting creamed with school work. I got a 30 page paper due around then and money is running low. Sorry man. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be at nationals if anyone plans on competing there.

Bummer, I was looking forward to it Chez. Next time...

BTW, what type of schooling are you doing?

Bummer, I was looking forward to it Chez. Next time...

BTW, what type of schooling are you doing?

I know, I wish I lived closer to everyone. I really look forward to meeting you at nationals Tim since I started out as only a gripper guy and you have one of the strongest crush grips. I'm training really hard for nationals and since its after the semester and within driving distance nothing will stop me from getting there. I'm in my 2nd year of law school. I think you went to law school as well if I'm not mistaken. I'm also a CPA so I'm thinking tax law.

Sorry you can't make it Chez.

Anyone bringing Nose Tork? I'm not sure it'd make it through customs on my carry on lol

(null)

Sorry you can't make it Chez. Anyone bringing Nose Tork? I'm not sure it'd make it through customs on my carry on lol (null)

Wasn't planning on it. :) The medical folks told me that they don't actually use smelling salts anymore because it has some kind of neurological effect or something about siezures.

I was thinking of throwing in the trunk my Blobzilla (64#) and my 35# KB for upside down pinch DL for the medley, in case Aaron doesn't have said items. Not that I can lift Blobzilla.

Sorry you can't make it Chez. Anyone bringing Nose Tork? I'm not sure it'd make it through customs on my carry on lol (null)

Wasn't planning on it. :) The medical folks told me that they don't actually use smelling salts anymore because it has some kind of neurological effect or something about siezures.

I was thinking of throwing in the trunk my Blobzilla (64#) and my 35# KB for upside down pinch DL for the medley, in case Aaron doesn't have said items. Not that I can lift Blobzilla.

Sounds good, bring em!

Anyone bringing Nose Tork? I'm not sure it'd make it through customs on my carry on lol

(null)

I'll bring plenty of the individual ammonia capsules. Seizures be damned, PR's are more important.

Aaron, I wonder which is more likely to cause seizures and adverse neurological issues: ammonia capsules, or our pre-comp stimulant cocktail? :)

(null)

I'll bring plenty of the individual ammonia capsules. Seizures be damned, PR's are more important.

Aaron, I wonder which is more likely to cause seizures and adverse neurological issues: ammonia capsules, or our pre-comp stimulant cocktail? :)

Yes. Though, none yet! knock on wood.

How much is an entry fee, and is there any charge to just come to the comp. to hang out with legends, and get tips and tricks?

Entry fee is $30 via paypal or $35 day of the contest cash. No charge to come and hang out but you will wish you entered. These comps are a ton of fun and you will learn more in the course of the comp by guys like me giving you pointers on how to better your efforts than you will in a year training on your own. Seriously.

Entry form and more details here: http://www.az-grip.com/contests.php

- Aaron

Thanks Aaron. I'll give it some thought. I think the only issue would be transportation. Is there anyone in Phoenix who I could ride with?

(null)

Yes. Though, none yet! knock on wood.

I'm not nearly as stim resistant. A couple of Rockstars and ammonia every now and then will be grand lol

How much is an entry fee, and is there any charge to just come to the comp. to hang out with legends, and get tips and tricks?

Entry fee is $30 via paypal or $35 day of the contest cash. No charge to come and hang out but you will wish you entered. These comps are a ton of fun and you will learn more in the course of the comp by guys like me giving you pointers on how to better your efforts than you will in a year training on your own. Seriously.

- Aaron

Thanks Aaron. I'll give it some thought. I think the only issue would be transportation. Is there anyone in Phoenix who I could ride with?

At least 3 I know of coming down from the Phoenix Metro area. Another one heading through from Flagstaff. Let me know if none of them contact you and I will try to put you in touch with them to see if any have extra space.

- Aaron

- Aaron

At least 3 I know of coming down from the Phoenix Metro area. Another one heading through from Flagstaff. Let me know if none of them contact you and I will try to put you in touch with them to see if any have extra space.

- Aaron

Thanks again Aaron. I appreciate the help. I might be able to convince my roommate to go, if not I hope some one will be gracious enough to allow a hitch-hiker on board.

-Isaiah

Id give you a ride but I am coming the day before with my wife and kids. We are making a mini vacation out of it.

• Like 1

If anyone is planning to stay at my house there's plenty of room and food, but please let me know by responding in this thread so that I can start getting a head count. Thanks

Also anyone who is planning on competing or even considering it but has not yet put in your entry needs to PM me your shirt size or run the risk of not getting a shirt of the right size.

Thanks,

Aaron

Entry fee is $30 via paypal or $35 day of the contest cash. No charge to come and hang out but you will wish you entered. These comps are a ton of fun and you will learn more in the course of the comp by guys like me giving you pointers on how to better your efforts than you will in a year training on your own. Seriously. Entry form and more details here: http://www.az-grip.com/contests.php - Aaron
At least 3 I know of coming down from the Phoenix Metro area. Another one heading through from Flagstaff. Let me know if none of them contact you and I will try to put you in touch with them to see if any have extra space. - Aaron
Thanks again Aaron. I appreciate the help. I might be able to convince my roommate to go, if not I hope some one will be gracious enough to allow a hitch-hiker on board. -Isaiah

Isaiah - what part of the valley are you in?

Entry fee is $30 via paypal or $35 day of the contest cash. No charge to come and hang out but you will wish you entered. These comps are a ton of fun and you will learn more in the course of the comp by guys like me giving you pointers on how to better your efforts than you will in a year training on your own. Seriously. Entry form and more details here: http://www.az-grip.com/contests.php - Aaron
At least 3 I know of coming down from the Phoenix Metro area. Another one heading through from Flagstaff. Let me know if none of them contact you and I will try to put you in touch with them to see if any have extra space. - Aaron
Thanks again Aaron. I appreciate the help. I might be able to convince my roommate to go, if not I hope some one will be gracious enough to allow a hitch-hiker on board. -Isaiah

Isaiah - what part of the valley are you in?

I live on 27th Ave. and Indian School Rd. So West/Central?

I'm in the South East Valley in Gilbert, so I have to map this and see how early I'd have to get up to get over there. More later...

Well, Google says it will add about 1.5+ hrs to drive over there, pick you up, and then continue down to Tucson (another 2 hrs). Is there any way you can get down this way in the morning?

I could get a ride or take the light rail the morning of. Shouldn't be too bad. I can take the light rail all the way to Sycamore and Main. I might be able to get a ride from my roommate as well.

Edited by Idiedintothe

taxes were good to me...currently looking at flights....$450 hot damn. Hopefully prices drop in the next week. is there a better time to buy this close to the date?

idiedintothe, if I were to go I'll be in Phoenix, Queen Creek area. I think that's opposite where you are though. I may drive or I may catch a ride with another Phoenix brotha. Just throwing that out there.

Thanks Dan. It seems to be up in the air at the moment. Queen Creek is on the other side of the valley from me. Once I get a ride solidified I'm registering for sure.

-Isaiah

Thanks Dan. It seems to be up in the air at the moment. Queen Creek is on the other side of the valley from me. Once I get a ride solidified I'm registering for sure. -Isaiah

Dan - actually, you're way closer to me than Isiah if you're in Queen Creek - you'd probably be on the way ;-).

Isiah - yeah, if you can get a ride, or take the light rail out to Sycamore & Main, I can take you the rest of the way.