Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

I debating between that or my BBGM which is very close to my #3. I think getting the BBGM CCS would be a nice mental boost.

Hit new highs on TSG with both my right and left hands tonight. I was really happy with my right hand but my left hand stole the show with a big improvement.

TSG Grippers

Right Hand

Warm Up:

COC #1 = 10 CCS reps

COC #2 = 3 CCS reps

COC # 2.5 = 1 CCS rep

Working

1) BBGM = 1 CCS rep! Got it. This is a new CCS PR for me. I had to fight for it at the close but I felt the handles touch. I still had to shift my hand a little half through (same as my #3 CCS attempt videos) which cost me closing power. I have to work on the technique where I keep the pinky off until the end. This gripper is very close to my #3 so I'm getting. Slowly but surely.

2) COC #3 = 3 reps wider than parallel. just missed the 4th

3) COC #3 = 2 reps wider than parallel. just missed the 3rd

4) GNC 300 = 3 reps wider than parallel.

5) GNC 300 = 3 reps wider than parallel

6) GNC 300 = 2 wider than parallel, just missed the 3rd

7) RB 240 = 6 reps wider than parallel.

8) RB 240 = 2 reps wider than parallel, just missed 3rd

9) COC 2.5 = 5 reps wider than parallel, just missed 6th

10) COC #2 = 5 CCS reps

Left Hand

Warm up

COC #1 = 10 CCS reps

BBM 5/8 = 3 CCS reps

Working

1) COC 2.5 = 1 CCS rep! I'm not sure if I have done this lefty before.

2) BBGM = 1 MMS rep. I'm sure that's a PR!

3) COC #3 = 1 MMS rep! New PR!!! It actually went pretty easy.

4) GNC 300 = just missed 1 MMS rep. Had to slow down at one point.

5) COC 2.5 = 3 Parallel reps.

6) RB 240 = 2 Parallel reps

7) RB 240 = 2 Parallel reps

8) COC 2.5 = 2 wide reps

9) COC 2.5 = 2 wide reps

10) COC 2.5 = 2 wide reps

11) BBM 5/8 = 6 CCS reps

Lever bar circles

5 lbs = 3 sets of 10 reps both right and left.

Note - a CCS BBGM right and an MMS #3 left. Not to shabby. Hopefully I can get both on video soon. I got home late tonight and had no one to be the camera person.

Thanks Pat. It would be awesome to CCS the #3 by the end of the year. That last little bit has been killing me.

Thanks man. Today just a little crush and pinch today. Workouts for the next 3 weeks are going to be quick since finals are around the corner.

Grippers

Right Hand

Warm up

COC #1 = 10 parallel reps

Working

COC #1 = 5 sets of 3 reps CCS as explosive as possible.

Left Hand

Warm up

Working

COC #1 = 5 sets of 3 reps CCS as explosive as possible.

Pinch reps on the Vulcan thumbscrews

2 IM red bands = 5 sets of 10 reps left and right hand.

Just a little thick bar work tonight. I mixed things up and added some timed holds.

2.5 inch handle DB 1 hand deadlift

Right Hand

Warm up

110 lbs = 10 reps

Working

110 lbs = held for as long as possible. Did this for 5 sets

Left Hand

Warm up

110 lbs = 10 reps

Working

110 lbs = Held as long as possible. done for 5 sets.

Note = Tomorrow will be more explosive gripper training and wrist work. Maybe give the COC #3 CCS a try the work out after that. Experimenting with this routine to see when my power peaks.

Just some explosive TSG and wrist work today:

Grippers

Right Hand

Warm up

Working

COC #1 = 3 reps CCS explosive closes for 5 sets

Left Hand

Warm up

Working

COC #1 = 3 reps CCS explosive closes for 5 sets

Levering

1) 10 lbs = 10 reps both hands

2) 12.5 lbs = 10 reps both hands

3) 13 lbs = 10 reps both hands

Supination/Pronation

1) 10 lbs = 10 reps both hands

2) 12.5 lbs = 10 reps both hands

3) 13 lbs = 10 reps both hands

Note: next workout is max TSG. All working sets are going to be CCS because I need to cert of this dam #3. Wrist work felt very strong tonight. I'm going to go up in weight next time.

Thanks Sean, I appreciate the encouragement.

Great job on the CCS on #3! That's huge! I've been watching your progress. Keep it up.

I got this reply in my mail and thought damn! the guy beat me! hahaha...reading...oh no. No CCS yet hahaha. Cesare, we will definitely get it.

Hey, I see you do you your let's say very light work in one session and 70% - 100% everytime in one session...maybe split that up? So 70-80% at most one session...

and after a few week one attempt 100%? I know it's tempting, but I (limited experience!! but just want to share) feel that not maxing out in a period of at least three weeks and working at that 50-80% range builds a far better base than maxing out every week / two weeks? My experience this far.

Sorry Geralt, I guess I worded it poorly. I just meant great work on the CCS attempt in his workout log. lol

How's yours coming along? I'd love to say that I hope to CCS with you guys, but I think I will deep set when you're both getting cert.

Keep it up!

Great job on the CCS on #3! That's huge! I've been watching your progress. Keep it up.

I got this reply in my mail and thought damn! the guy beat me! hahaha...reading...oh no. No CCS yet hahaha. Cesare, we will definitely get it.

Hey, I see you do you your let's say very light work in one session and 70% - 100% everytime in one session...maybe split that up? So 70-80% at most one session...

and after a few week one attempt 100%? I know it's tempting, but I (limited experience!! but just want to share) feel that not maxing out in a period of at least three weeks and working at that 50-80% range builds a far better base than maxing out every week / two weeks? My experience this far.

Ya, Tim's method is waiting a whole month before maxing out. I'm kinda of doing a variation where I use the 50% for a week or two before maxing out. I'm just testing it out to see what kind of results I get. I like to experiment to see what works best for my body. If I don't see the results I want, I'll start delaying the max attempts even more.

Sorry Geralt, I guess I worded it poorly. I just meant great work on the CCS attempt in his workout log. lol

How's yours coming along? I'd love to say that I hope to CCS with you guys, but I think I will deep set when you're both getting cert.

Keep it up!

Thnx bro, I am always struggling to find the right routine. Just before my surgery last month I closed my MM2 replica from between MMS/Deep set....

And now training to come back again...somehow the operation took some strength...and since the rupture I couldn't do any heavy overall body strength

training. First I want to close my Vulcan around level 15/16 confident and going up. From there I'll try some #3 CCS attempts. level 15/16 attempt in about one week :)

Btw I think Chez is going to be the first with the CCS. But don't tell him I said that. :shutup::flowers:

Edited by Geralt

Keep it up!

Thnx bro, I am always struggling to find the right routine. Just before my surgery last month I closed my MM2 replica from between MMS/Deep set....

And now training to come back again...somehow the operation took some strength...and since the rupture I couldn't do any heavy overall body strength

training. First I want to close my Vulcan around level 15/16 confident and going up. From there I'll try some #3 CCS attempts. level 15/16 attempt in about one week :)

Btw I think Chez is going to be the first with the CCS. But don't tell him I said that. :shutup::flowers:

How serious was your surgery? Did you have to take a lot of time off? I unfortunately am getting spinal surgery over winter break between semesters, and cant do grip work for a month. :angry2: (I think i'll still do light grip work)

Keep it up!

How serious was your surgery? Did you have to take a lot of time off? I unfortunately am getting spinal surgery over winter break between semesters, and cant do grip work for a month. :angry2: (I think i'll still do light grip work)

Groin rupture. Took me two weeks. Couldn't train decent for weeks before the operation. But if it was the anesthetics afterwards, I don't know, but I felt weak for a few days...you can consider greasing the groove with lighter grippers or something...but better is to heal up first man. That's more important...all the best with the surgery!

Hey thanks. Are you fully recovered?

I think I will work on CCS for some lower grippers. I've been spending a lot of time on parallel sets and such.

Hope both of you guys recover quickly. I wanna see big closes when you're back at full strength. Today I did max wide set TSG and some thumb work. It was an average workout for me. I felt I little weak today but I pushed through the workout. I seem to be taking 2 steps forward and one step back lately.

Grippers

Right Hand

Warm up

COC #1 = 8 CCS reps

COC #2 = 3 CCS reps

COC #2.5 = 1 CCS rep

Working

1) BBGM = Just missed a CCS rep. I just didn't have the energy to fight through the close this time. Very little space between the handles. BB grippers really bind up at the close. I feel more so than RB and COC.

2) RB 240 = 2 CCS reps.

3) RB 240 = 1 CCS rep, Just missed 2nd

4) RB 240 = 1 CCS rep

5) RB 240 = 1 CCS rep

6) RB 240 = 1 CCS rep

7) COC 2.5 = 1 CCS rep

8) COC 2.5 = 1 CCS rep

9) COC 2.5 = 1 CCS rep

10) COC 2.5 = 1 CCS rep

Left Hand

Warm up

COC #1 = 8 CCS reps

COC #2 = 3 CCS reps

Working

1) COC 2.5 = Just missed a CCS rep. Again I think my energy is just down and its making it tough for me to push through the end.

2) GNC 200 = 2 NS reps

3) GNC 200 = 2 NS reps

4) GNC 200 = 2 NS reps

5) GNC 200 = 1 NS rep, just missed the 2nd

6) GNC 200 = 1 NS rep, just missed the 2nd

7) GNC 200 = 1 NS rep, just missed the 2nd

8) COC #2 = 4 CCS reps

9) COC #2 = 3 CCS reps

10) COC #2 = 3 CCS reps

Vulcan Thumb Work with thumbscrews (Focusing on the thumb instead of doing pinch work).

Right Hand

1) Red and Yellow IM bands on top = 15 reps

2) 2 Red IM bands on top = 10 reps

3-5) Red and Blue IM bands on top = 10 reps for sets 3-5

Left Hand

1-5) Red and Blue IM bands on top = 10 reps for sets 1-5

So i found out that I'm going to have another niece in a few months. This will be my sister's 4th kid. My other sister has 2 children. They just keep multiplying. I'm super stressed with finals beginning next week. Been staying up late every night. I decided to hit the TSGs today to relieve a little stress.

Grippers

Right Hand

Warm Up

COC #2 = 3 parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 2 parallel reps

Working - all reps parallel or wider

1) COC #3 = 3 reps (I was trying to film myself since no one was around as camera person and I wasn't paying attention to the gripper. I could have gotten 4 if I focused on what I was doing. I kept making sure my hand was in frame.)

2) MM1 replica = 1 rep (I could have gotten 2 but I also tried to film this and the same thing happened)

3) COC#3 = 3 reps solid, missed the 4th by a piece of paper width. This would have went if this was the first set. I'll get video later in the week when I have a camera person.

4) MM1 = 2 reps, just missed a 3rd

5) MM1 = 2 reps

6) COC #3 = 2 reps, missed the 3rd

7) COC #3 = 2 reps

8) COC #3 = 2 reps

9) COC #3 = 2 reps

10) COC #3 = 2 reps

Left Hand

Warm Up

COC #2 = 2 parallel reps

Working - all reps done parallel or wider

1) BBGM = 2 reps

2) BBGM = 1 rep, missed 2nd

3) BBGM = 1 rep

4) RB 240 = 2 reps

5) RB 240 = 2 reps

6) RB 240 = 2 reps

7) RB 240 = 2 reps

8) RB 240 = 2 reps

9) RB 240 = 2 reps

10) RB 240 = 2 reps

Note - Not a bad workout. I will get reps with the #3 on video later in the week. Tomorrow I'm going to train thick bar.

Thanks guys. The RB 240 is harder than my COC 2.5 and easier than my BBGM

Busted out my brand new Rolling Thunder that I got in the mail yesterday for today's training and I love this thing. Its a little pricey (Its an early Christmas present from my sister anyway), but well made. It feels very solid. I have never tried an RT before so I had to feel out the weights in this workout to give myself an idea of my limits. The weights below include the weight of the device which weighs 3 lbs 11 oz but I rounded up to 4 lbs so I didn't have to write the oz every set.

Right Hand

Warm Up

54 lbs = 5 reps

79 lbs = 3 reps

Working

Singles:

104 lbs = easy rep

124 lbs = Good rep

144 lbs = Good rep

164 lbs = Good rep. not bad for my first time

169 lbs = failed. I broke the ground a little but that's it.

166.5 lbs = failed

154 lbs = failed. broke ground but my hand is def fatigued

144 lbs = Good rep

144 lbs = Good rep

144 lbs = Good rep

Left Hand

Warm up

54 lbs = 5 reps

79 lbs = 3 reps

Working

104 lbs = Good rep

114 lbs = Good rep

124 lbs = Good rep

134 lbs = Good rep

144 lbs = Good rep

149 lbs = Good rep

152 lbs = good rep

154.5 = fail

134 lbs = Good rep

134 lbs = Good rep

Note - Loving this thing. Hopefully if I train hard I get 200lbs by next summer for nationals.

This is how far my hand wraps around the rolling thunder handle. Middle finger and Thumb are a little less than 1/2 inch apart.

Brand New Rolling Thunder

Cool Cesare! You made me order a 60 mm rolling handle from Robert Baraban! It´s made of metal I understand, and has roughly the same diameter as the RT. Does it kill your

hands for grippers? I´ll have to think of how to incorporate that.

Will be a welcome addition to the grippertraining. I posted a topic on the gb by the way, ´rolling handle vs thickbar´.

Cheers!