Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

Great job on the CCS close on the 165lb gripper Cesare! You have gotten very strong on the grippers over the past year.

Thanks Ben. I still remember watching all your gripper videos and getting inspired.

Tonight I hit a quick Thick bar, Back and Biceps.

Bent Over 1 Arm Dumbbell Rows with Fat Gripz

71.5 lb DB = 3 sets of 15 reps each arm

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Bicep Curls with Fat Gripz

34 lb DBs = 3 sets of 10 reps each arm

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls With Fat Gripz

Note: The cert #3.5 gripper from Vogt came in the Mail today. I picked it up, set it to MMS and gave it a light squeeze to get a feel for it. No Warm or Chalk. Vogt told me it really ramps up and I can feel it. Getting excited to try it. Gotta be patient and ramp up to it.

i like how you said "gave it a light squeeze" after you said you set that beast to parallel.. i would struggle just setting the damn thing

Good luck

Thanks Buddy. Do me a favor and kill that red nail. Really looking forward to seeing your cert video. You got this.

Great job on the CCS close on the 165lb gripper Cesare! You have gotten very strong on the grippers over the past year.

Thanks Ben. I still remember watching all your gripper videos and getting inspired.

Tonight I hit a quick Thick bar, Back and Biceps.

Bent Over 1 Arm Dumbbell Rows with Fat Gripz

71.5 lb DB = 3 sets of 15 reps each arm

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Bicep Curls with Fat Gripz

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls With Fat Gripz

Note: The cert #3.5 gripper from Vogt came in the Mail today. I picked it up, set it to MMS and gave it a light squeeze to get a feel for it. No Warm or Chalk. Vogt told me it really ramps up and I can feel it. Getting excited to try it. Gotta be patient and ramp up to it.

i like how you said "gave it a light squeeze" after you said you set that beast to parallel.. i would struggle just setting the damn thing

Thanks bro. The set is actually the thing I'm the most worried about. I have been concentrating on wide sets lately (1.5 inches +) and when I do that my Parallel set strength gets weaker. That is why I really need 2 weeks to practice because messing around on the set can really cost you on max effort MMS closes. I plan on training grippers on Friday and I want to film all my working sets. I plan on doing this from time to time to show people the couple of working set routines I rotate in my training. It may help people make progress on grippers. My plan is to do 3-4 hard MMS doubles and then drop down to 3-4 CCS doubles to work both set distances.

Edited by Chez

I couldn't wait until tomorrow and actually hit grippers tonight instead. I also hit some shoulders as well but didn't finish my shoulder workout because things ran late.

Grippers - All reps MMS or slightly wider unless stated otherwise.

Right Hand

Warm ups

COC Sport = 10 reps

COC #.5 = 5 reps

COC #1 = 5 reps

COC #2 = 3 reps

COC #2.5 = 1 rep

Cert COC #3 = 1 rep

Medium BBE = 1 rep

Hard BBE = 1 rep

GHP 8 = 1 rep

Working

179.7 lb COC #3.5 = 2 reps. I could have gotten another rep but I'll save it for later sets

176.05 lb MM3 Replica = 2 reps

174.6 lb GHP 8 = 2 reps

149.2 lb COC #3 = 1 CCS rep. The doubles fried my hand

145.2 lb FBBC 4x = 1 CCS rep

137.6 lb GHP 6 = 2 CCS Reps

Left Hand

Warm Ups

COC Sport = 10 reps

COC #.5 = 5 reps

COC #1 = 5 reps

COC #2 = 3 reps

COC #2.5 = 1 rep

Original COC #3 =1 rep

Working

159.6 lb RB 330N = 1 rep

165.3 lb BBE = 1 rep

174.6 lb GHP 8 = Very close MMS attempt. My hand went out of frame so I might have closed it but the only still I could get was too blurry to be sure. Here is the vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhLLNV6zS9k. This would have been a PR off hand. Next time.....

174.6 lb GHP 8 = Missed. I tried again but this attempt wasn't as good as the last one. My left hand doesn't have great endurance.

153 lb Cert COC #3 = 2 reps

153 lb Cert COC #3 = 2 reps

149.2 lb Originial COC #3 = 2 reps

149.2 lb Originial COC #3 = 2 reps

Arnold Dumbbell Shoulder Presses

34 lb DBs = 2 sets of 10 reps

45 lb DBs = 5 sets of 10 reps

Extensors

IM red band = 5 sets of 30 reps each hand

Note: I was going to film my right hand working sets but the video got messed up so I'm not posting it. My web cam doesn't handle motion blur well so anything over a single gets blurry. I wanted to do 2 more exercises for shoulders but ran out of time so I'll make it up next workout.

Nice gripper work bro! And I will kill that red bro, they emailed me and said they hope to

Find me a ref in the next week so won't be long;) Also I tried the 3.5 after hardly any gripper

Training for a while and came closer than ever! Its coin down bro!

Nice gripper work bro! And I will kill that red bro, they emailed me and said they hope to

Find me a ref in the next week so won't be long;) Also I tried the 3.5 after hardly any gripper

Thanks buddy. I'm sure you will kill the red cert and get your first 3.5 close soon. Keep working hard.

Tonight I hit some pinch work.

1 Hand Pinch on the Euro

55 lbs = 5 lifts right and left

72.5 lbs = 2 sets of 5 lifts right and left

72.5 lbs = 4 lifts and 1 partial right and left

IM Hub

40.75 lbs = 3 sets of 5 reps right and left

Blobs

46 lb Blob = 3 sets of 5 lifts right and left

Extensors

IM Red Band = 3 sets of 30 reps right and left.

Thanks buddy. I'm sure you will kill the red cert and get your first 3.5 close soon. Keep working hard.

Tonight I hit some pinch work.

1 Hand Pinch on the Euro

55 lbs = 5 lifts right and left

72.5 lbs = 2 sets of 5 lifts right and left

72.5 lbs = 4 lifts and 1 partial right and left

IM Hub

40.75 lbs = 3 sets of 5 reps right and left

Blobs

46 lb Blob = 3 sets of 5 lifts right and left

Extensors

IM Red Band = 3 sets of 30 reps right and left.

Thanks bro!

Quick workout tonight. I left out some exercises during my back and shoulders workouts this week so I did them tonight to play catch up.

Assisted Pull Ups

4 sets of 10 reps

Standing Dumbbell Side Laterals (1 arm at a time)

27.5 lb DB = 3 sets of 12 reps each arm

Bent over Dumbbell Rear Laterals (1 arm at a time)

16.5 lb DB = 3 sets of 12 reps each arm

Some chest and triceps work tonight. Nothing special. Just getting some work in.

Flat Barbell Bench Press

45 lbs = 15 reps

135 lbs = 10 reps

175 lbs = 6 reps

225 lbs = 3 sets of 8 reps

Close Grip Push Ups with Floor Handles

3 sets of 10 reps performed slowly

1 Arm Overhead Dumbbell Extensions

31.5 lb DB = 3 sets of 12 reps

Went through my last gripper workout before I attempt the MM5 this upcoming week. I closed Jonathan Vogt's Certification gripper very easily MMS. "Easy like Sunday Morning." I think my gripper strength is really peaking right now. The video of the close is below. I also went through a normal gripper workout both right and left hand but I'll write in the details of the rest of the workout later tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsCGIVwXAbE

Monster close as always buddy, you got this

Thanks fellas. Its really hard for me to guess the rating since I get really Jacked up when I attempt a big gripper. I'm an adrenaline addict. When I get like that I go to an entirely different place and I barely feel anything. I did close my 180 lb COC #3.5 calmly as my last warm up right before this gripper so if I had to guess I would say low to mid 180s for Vogt's 3.5 since i feel his was harder.

The MM5 should be fun. One thing I can promise is that I will bring the intensity and give it everything I have.

• Like 2

I did close my 180 lb COC #3.5 calmly as my last warm up

That's badass

Animal league bro

Thanks guys. Crush strength is peaking nicely.

I'm late in updating the log. I trained grippers Sunday and Biceps Yesterday.

Grippers Sunday - All reps MMS or slightly wider.

Right Hand

Warm Ups

COC Sport = 10 reps

COC #.5 = 5 reps

COC #1 = 3 reps

COC #2 = 3 reps

COC #2.5 = 1 rep

GHP 6 = 1 rep

Cert COC #3 = 1 rep

Medium BBE = 1 rep

Easier COC #3.5 = 1 rep

Harder COC #3.5 = 1 rep

Working

Vogt's Certification #3.5 = 1 rep. Easy money. Video above in my last post.

174.6 lb Rated GHP 8 = 3 reps

174.6 lb Rated GHP 8 = 3 sets of 2 reps. GHP 8 is feeling very easy.

Left Hand

Warm ups

COC Sport = 10 reps

COC #.5 = 5 reps

COC #1 = 3 reps

COC #2 = 3 reps

COC #2.5 = 1 rep

GHP 6 = 1 rep

Working

153 lb Rated Certification COC #3 = 5 sets of 3 reps. This was too easy. My left hand is really surging right now. Time to move up to a heavier gripper next time.

Extensors

IM Red Band = 5 sets of 30 reps each hand

Biceps Yesterday

Standing alternating dumbbell curls

11.5 lb DBs = 10 reps each arm

31.5 lb DBs = 10 reps each arm

42.5 lb DBs = 3 sets of 10 reps each arm

Standing alternating hammer curls

42.5 lb DBs = 3 sets of 10 reps each arm

• Like 1

The MM5 arrived today. I'll spend the night mentally preparing. I'll make my attempts tomorrow around mid afternoon.

TIME TO GO TO WAR!

• Like 4

The MM5 arrived today. I'll spend the night mentally preparing. I'll make my attempts tomorrow around mid afternoon.

TIME TO GO TO WAR!

hkcj.png
  • Like 4

F@#$@$ MASH IT

• Like 1

TIME TO GO TO WAR!

Good luck, Chez!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

So I trained right hand grippers yesterday and today met up with Nate and John manna for a training session.

Grippers Yesterday - MM5 Cert Day. All reps MMS for slightly wider

warm ups

COC Sport = 10 reps

COC #.5 = 5 reps

COC #1 = 5 reps

COC #2 = 3 reps

COC #2.5 = 1 rep

GHP 6 = 1 rep

Cert COC #3 = 1 rep

Medium BBE = 1 rep

Hard BBE = 1 rep

Hard COC #3.5 = 1 rep

Working

MM5 = Took all 3 attempts. 3 whites on the 3rd attempt. I closed the first attempt but the set wasn't very visible. On the 2nd attempt I tried to really pause the set and missed the close by a little bit. Here is the video =

12th man to officially close the MM5!

Training session today

I never really keep notes during these sessions since its kind of free for all and its too hard to keep track but here are some lifts I remember:

Half of a 55 lb globe dumbbell lift - Nate has the video.

57.5 IM hub lift = Nate has the video

(2) 35lb plate pinch lift - I have done this several times very easy but never got it on video. Nate took the video just so I have it on video.

130 lb Sorinex Bosco Thick Dumbbell lift and hold each hand very easy.

50 lb Blob lift - this is the one I bought off Nate and he gave it to me at the session.

I think that is pretty much the only stuff worth mentioning. John has a great gym setup. Good times. I was still a little out of it attempting the MM5 yesterday so I didn't feel full strength and didn't go all out.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Training session today

I never really keep notes during these sessions since its kind of free for all and its too hard to keep track but here are some lifts I remember:

Half of a 55 lb globe dumbbell lift - Nate has the video.

57.5 IM hub lift = Nate has the video

(2) 35lb plate pinch lift - I have done this several times very easy but never got it on video. Nate took the video just so I have it on video.

130 lb Sorinex Bosco Thick Dumbbell lift and hold each hand very easy.

50 lb Blob lift - this is the one I bought off Nate and he gave it to me at the session.

I think that is pretty much the only stuff worth mentioning. John has a great gym setup. Good times. I was still a little out of it attempting the MM5 yesterday so I didn't feel full strength and didn't go all out.

Chez has said videos. I keep watching that hub lift. I go back and forth on the legality of it. Your body was all kind of weird torqued. Additionally bad camera angle...my bad.

Manna's gym does rock. :rock

Chez, your killin It this week, sann! word.

Nate, legality?.. wait was this a comp, or training session? im cermfewsed..

Heh. Absolutely not a comp...just continuing a conversation Chez and I were having right after the lift.

Chez is a super stickler for form...and pretty much expects us to give him the best feedback as possible.

He'd rather scrap a questionable lift than count it as a PR.

How lawyerly.

I object! haha.

Chez, your killin It this week, sann! word.

Nate, legality?.. wait was this a comp, or training session? im cermfewsed..

Heh. Absolutely not a comp...just continuing a conversation Chez and I were having right after the lift.

Chez is a super stickler for form...and pretty much expects us to give him the best feedback as possible.

He'd rather scrap a questionable lift than count it as a PR.

No worries. When I was doing the lift it felt more convincing than it looks on video. I felt like my grip was strong and it wasn't coming out. I thought I had reached lock out. Its pretty close now that I watch the video. It could go either way in my opinion. We will just call it a "training lift." The hub has to be my worst event so I'm happy with it even though I know its not a lot of weight. I'm trying to get up to 60 and I'll keep working hard until I get there. I also made a mistake above since the weight was 57.2 lbs.

Here are the videos from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm8l0hF-5vY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPuT_qphxdU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2BHda-ZIlk