Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

Wrote it on the regular board already, congrats Chez! I'm proud! You've worked hard so it's well deserved man.

Cheers! I was waiting for this message. :sorcerer:

Thanks guys. I want that COC #3.5 cert now. I still got a whole year of school left so lots of training time before life gets even more crazy. I like to jazz up the videos a little. I hate hearing my own goofy voice and gripper videos are a little boring so I like adding music and stuff.

Awesome bro! That's one hell of an accomplishment. Make sure you scratch that off in your signature. You earned it.

Sean

Thanks Sean and Tommy. Going to gym to celebrate haha.

Strong close mate. Congrats! :)

I want to congratulate you as well. You are in a really elite group now!

Thank you so much guys. You all rock and I wish the best in your training. I'm back to training tonight. I have other goals that I want to achieve and I'm going to attack them. Next up is the MM3 with my dominant hand. I used my Vulcan V2 for crush training tonight. Using this really helps my set and I'm going to need it if I want to conquer a monster gripper like the MM3.

Right Hand

Warm up

L3 = 10 reps

L6 = 3 reps

L9 = 1 rep

L 12 = 1 rep

Working

Singles

L 14 - L 16 = All good singles

L 17 = Failed. just missed because I got a very bad set and the handle slipped to the back of my palm.

L 17 = Good. revenge

L 17 + White IM band on 3rd notches = Just missed. Next time.

Doubles

L14 and L15 = Good doubles

Triples

L12 - L15 = All good triples

Left Hand

Warm up

L3 = 10 reps

L6 = 3 reps

L9 = 1 rep

L 12 = 1 rep

Working

Singles

L 14 - L 16 = All good singles

Doubles

L 13 - L 15 = All good doubles

Triples

L12 - L15 = All good triples

Note: Tomorrow I hit thick bar and bending.

Hey Chez, did RS say when he would finally decide if your cert was accepted? All of us have our fingers crossed :grin:

Hey Chez, did RS say when he would finally decide if your cert was accepted? All of us have our fingers crossed :grin:

Not yet buddy. I sent in the bio and picture today and Chris S from ironmind said everything looked good. Just waiting for the final verdict.

Not yet buddy. I sent in the bio and picture today and Chris S from ironmind said everything looked good. Just waiting for the final verdict.

I thought it was kind of funny when he said they were waiting to make the certification decision, especially since you made the #3 look like a Trainer.

Hard work and dedication. I'm really proud of this. Thanks again to everyone involved in the cert process and all my friends who provided the motivation.

http://ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2012/Apr/Cesare_Richezza_Certifies_on_the_Captains_of_Crush_No._3_Gripper.html

That's excellent! Congrats again, Chez.

No time to rest. Too many things I want to accomplish. Nationals is only 2 months away so I hit thick bar and bending tonight and finished with upper back and biceps. Thick bar was my biggest weakness at the Durniat comp and it really need to improve.

DO deadlifts with fat gripz on the bar (harder than an IM axle and my normal ghetto axle which uses PVC 1 7/8 inch pipe).

114 lbs = 10 reps

164 lbs = 5 reps

220 lbs = 3 reps

235 lbs = 2 reps

250 lbs = 1 rep

255 lbs = 1 rep

261 lbs = 1 rep

270 lbs = 1 rep. PR with fat gripz on this set up! :)

Bending

2 IM Blue Nail DO with IMPs. Chest and shoulders are sore from bench and tricep work the other day so these were harder than usual.

Lat pull downs

6 sets

Single arm Preacher curls

3 sets

Single arm Preacher Hammer curls (great for the forearms).

3 sets

Hard work and dedication. I'm really proud of this. Thanks again to everyone involved in the cert process and all my friends who provided the motivation.

http://ironmind.com/..._3_Gripper.html

WELL DONE!

Thanks Matt. I'm still as hungry as ever though. I trained TSG tonight and I had my best performance with my right hand. It was a typical workout for my left hand.

Right Hand

Warm up

COC #1 = 10 parallel reps

COC #2 = 3 parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 1 MMS rep

MM1 replica = 1 MMS rep

Working

GHP 8 = 1 MMS rep. Very easy rep

MM3 replica = Missed an MMS close by a freaking whisker :angry2: . Best attempt to date. Dam that was close. Trying this first next time.

GHP 8 = First rep wider than parallel and got a 2nd parallel rep.

GHP 8 = 1 MMS close. Kicking this grippers butt tonight.

BBE 5/8 inch = 1 MMS

BBE 5/8 inch = 1 MMS

GHC 300 = 5 parallel reps

GHP 7 = 6 parallel reps

RB 240 = 1 NS rep

RB 240 = 1 NS rep

Left Hand

Warm Up

COC #2 = 3 parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 1 MMS rep

My Brand new cert #3 = 1 MMS rep

Working

BBE = 1 MMS

BBE = 1 MMS

MM1 replica = 1 MMS

MM1 replica = 1 MMS

MM1 replica = 1 MMS

GNC 250 = 4 parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 5 parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 4 parallel reps

COC #2 = 1 NS rep

COC #2 = 1 NS rep

Note: Next workout is going to be pinch.

Edited by Chez

That COC #3 looks pimp in your title. Straight up gripper beast mode. MM3 is close...

Congrats on your cert!!!!!!!!!!

On to the next one!!!!!

Thanks guys. I actually got my certificate, ID card and T shirt in the mail today. pretty sweet.

• Like 1

So much school work coming up this month but I used my lunch break to hit the gym. I trained shoulders and then came back here and hit pinch after dinner. I'm including shrugs from the shoulder workout as grip training because I have been really focusing on my traps and support grip to get ready for the 600 lb frame hold at nationals.

Shrugs

100 lb dumbbell in each hand = 3 sets of 10 reps. Could do more weight but these are the biggest DBs the gym has. I'll increase the reps next time since the frame hold is an endurance event.

Ghetto arm wrestling machine

3 sets of 10 reps with both hands

2 Hand Plate pinch (ghetto euro)

102.5 lbs = 3 reps

117.5 lbs = 2 reps

122.5 lbs = 1 rep

128.5 lbs = 1 rep

137.5 lbs = 1 rep

142.5 lbs = 1 rep

147.5 lbs = 1 rep

Ghetto Shallow Hub

26.25 lbs = 5 lifts with the left and 5 lifts with the right

Loadable Blob

34.5 lbs = 2 lifts right and 2 lifts left

34.5 lbs = 1 lift right and 1 lift left

Note: light pinch work tonight. I'm tired. Next workout will be TSG. I'll attempt the MM3 replica again and video tape the attempt. If its good, I'll upload.

TSG training tonight. Mixed result for this workout. Hit some new highs but I started to get burned out and I had to drop down towards the end. I tore some skin on my palm. Its nothing serious and it will heal tougher than before.

Right Hand

warm up

COC #2 = 3 parallel reps

BBGM = 1 MMS rep

Working

BBE = 1 MMS rep

MM3 replica = missed by a hair again. :angry: I video taped it but I'll wait until I close to post a video because I don't like posting misses.

BBE = 1.5 inch CCS close. New PR with a 1.5 inch set. See video below. I'm training for the GHP cert and this is the next gripper down from that in my collection.

GHP 8 = missed attempt wider than MMS. bad set. almost though

GHP 8 = Missed attempt again wider than MMS. just missed. I tore some skin on my palm and I'm a little beat from the previous closes. Oh well.

BBE 5/8 inch = 1 MMS close

GNC 300 = 3 parallel reps

GNC 250 = 3 NS reps

GNC 250 = 3 NS reps

RB240 = 1 NS rep

Left Hand

warm up

COC #2 = 3 parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 1 MMS close

Brents #3 = 1 MMS close

Working

BBE 5/8 inch = 1 MMS close. Nice New PR lefty

BBE = Missed MMS. oh well

MM1 replica = 1 MMS

MM1 replica = 1 MMS

Cert #3 = 1 MMS

Brent's #3 = 1 MMS

Brent's #3 = 1 MMS

GNC 250 = 2 parallel reps

GNC 200 = 3 NS reps

BBM 5/8 inch = 3 NS reps

COC #2 = 2 NS reps

Video from above close:

Note: Tomorrow I am doing nothing strength related. I need a day off. I have lots of school work and I'm exhausted. Still fun though :)

Word! ;) .