Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

It's cool. I'll just have to prove I'm ready. Time to kick up training. I'll be posting videos in this log to prove it.

Chez you should post one or two closes a week for the next couple of weeks and just give yourself a few days in between each close. I will say that this above all else should provide ample motivation to absolutely mash the hell out of your 3!

• Like 1

It's cool. I'll just have to prove I'm ready. Time to kick up training. I'll be posting videos in this log to prove it.

Chez you should post one or two closes a week for the next couple of weeks and just give yourself a few days in between each close. I will say that this above all else should provide ample motivation to absolutely mash the hell out of your 3!

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. great minds think a like. I'm totally doing that.

I'm leaving after class tomorrow to train with the gripper master Paul Knight in Ohio. Maybe I can get a video of me doing a CCS close with him handing me the gripper. That should give me some credibility. :)

I'm a sucker for motivational quotes and videos. Here is a great one for everyone to use as fuel in their training. I watch stuff like this all the time before working out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

• Like 1

You know you can pull it off Cesare, you are just getting stronger. See it that way. The same for me. I saw a youtube vid recently of a guy who said in his description that he had 3 #3's and that this was his easy one. He also wrote that he did a certification and failed bigtime. No wondering I would think, because although he did the CCS, it cost him a lot of strength on his 'easy' #3. We are going to get this Chez, we're determined enough for that.

There is a point in Ironmind's vision I think. You did one and you don't have to prove anyone something but yourself. You know can do it. You'll get stronger and laugh at the camera when you perform the cert!

I do understand why they want to do this. they have to find someone to judge and set the whole thing up through a third party. when they do it at things like the arnold it's already in place. they don't want to ask someone to give up their time, make arrangements, and then meet up with some yahoo.

while we all know your ready I understand that ironmind hasn't been following your log.

give it a bit, get even stronger, crush it.

Thanks guys. I think my Italian temper came out yesterday. I'm usually a pretty calm guy, but I have been working so hard towards this goal that the email bugged me a little when I first read it. I have thought about it and I agree with ironmind's logic. I'm going to keep working hard so there will be no doubt come cert day. I'm also going to start really chasing the MM3 cert so I will be focusing on heavy MMS work. I'm going to be doing at least 1 COC #3 CCS every gripper workout though. I'm bringing my flip cam with me to Ohio this weekend and I'll try to get some video of the training and upload it in this log. Good luck with your training everyone.

Great training weekend. Andrew Durniat has an amazing gym which is like toys R us for strength guys. I got to meet and train with Paul Knight. Paul caught video of me closing Brent's 151.77lb #3 CCS and getting my GHP 8 MMS for the first time. Paul already posted the videos but I always try and keep this log as complete as possible so here are the vids again on Paul's youtube page:

by

After this I missed my MM3 replica by a slim margin. Still can't get that last little bit but I think I gave everything I had on the GHP 8 and was drained for the MM3.

Some other highlights: I got 2 inches of air with a 50lb blob. I know that isn't much but its my second time trying a real 50 lb blob so I stoked. I bent another blue nail in IMPs. I missed a 202lb pinch by less than an inch. I pressed a 160lb log overhead (it was easy but it was my first time with a log so I didn't want to push it). I did some farmers walk training (not sure how much weight).

Tonight I trained Vulcan V2 Crush:

Right Hand

warm up

Level 3 = 10 reps

Level 6 = 3 reps

Level 9 = 1 rep

Working

Singles

L13 - L15 = All good singles

L 16 = Failed, so close with a bad set to.

L 16 = Good! Finally! Time to cross this goal off the list

Doubles

L 12 - L 15 = All good doubles

Triples

L 12 - L14 = All good triples. didn't try L15 because My setting finger is getting sore.

Left Hand

Warm up

Level 3 = 10 reps

Level 6 = 3 reps

Level 9 = 1 rep

Working

Singles

L 13 - L15 = All good singles

L 15 + Orange IM band on top notches = Good

Doubles

L 12 - L15 = All good doubles

Triples

L 12 - L15 = All good triples

Note: right forearm has been bothering me on thick bar lately so I didn't try much thick bar at the Andrews gym. I'll rest tomorrow and try thick bar Tuesday or Wednesday.

My gripper strength was off the charts today. I have no idea what it was but I felt crazy strong. Since today was my off-hand MM1 Cert, I trained TSG around the cert attempts.

Right Hand

Warm Up

COC #1 = 10 parallel reps

COC #2 = 3 parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 1 CCS rep

Working

GHP 7 = 1 CCS rep. That felt really easy. It was smooth and I didn't have to shuffle the gripper in my hand like the close I posted the other day.

COC #3 = My first CCS Close! I wasn't even going to try this today but the GHP 7 close felt so easy I had to go for it. Video of the close below.

GHP 7 = 1 easy CCS close

GHP 7 = 1 easy CCS close

GHP 7 = 1 easy CCS close

MM1 relpica = 1.75 inch ccs close

BBE = failed 1.5 inch ccs attempt. just missed.

BBE = MMS close

MM1 = 1.5 inch ccs close

MM1 = 1.5 inch ccs close

GHP 7 = 9 parallel reps

Left Hand

Warm up

COC #2 = 2 parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 1 parallel rep

Working

MM1 cert attempts = I took all 3 attempts and sent them to Bill. Lets just say I feel confident.

- At this point I had to run to a doctors appointment so I decided to finished when I got back. I warmed up my left hand again as soon as I got back.

COC #3 = 1 MMS rep

COC #3 = 1 MMS rep

COC #3 = 1 MMS rep

COC #3 = 1 MMS rep

GHP 7 = 1 MMS rep

GHP 7 = 1 MMS rep

GHP 7 = 1 MMS rep

COC #2.5 = 9 mms reps

COC #3 CCS close video:

Note: just a great day. Now I got make it so that a #3 CCS is really easy before I sign up for the cert.

man im really excited for you bro! :rock that #3 cert is definately something to be proud of! please post a cert vid as like a case closed type deal to this thread. that would be badass!

Congrats on that #3 CCS...I know you really worked at it, and that was great to see that go down :grin:

hit some heavy chest and tri work during my lunch break. Got pretty intense. These comps are really making me push myself in the gym. I did some bending tonight.

2 Green Nails DO in IMPs

1 Yellow Nail DO in IMPs

3 Blue Nails DO in IMPs

Going to pick up some 6" x 1/4 Grade 5 bolts tomorrow to start bridging the gap to the Red nail.

Ooops. I also forgot to say thank you to Ben and Big T for your kind words. I always appreciate the support guys.

Wow, you crushed that #3!!!! Nice job!!!!

I just read the IM forum: The #3 cert is back on! Best of luck. That was the best way to handle the situation, don't get mad, just post a couple CCS #3 closes on the IM forum.

:whistel haha. Time to rock and roll.
  • Like 2

I also saw your thread on the IM Forum.

I'm rooting for you! Good luck.

Thanks guys. I can't wait for my chance. Tonight I hit thick bar to get ready for nationals.

Ghetto Axle

Warm up

164 lbs = 8 reps

220 lbs = 4 reps

Working

260 lbs = 2 reps

275 lbs = 2 reps

285 lbs = 2 reps

295 lbs = 2 reps

300 lbs = 1 rep

1 hand Dumbbell deadlift with fat gripz on handle (weights don't include bar and collars)

100 lbs = 2 reps right and 2 reps left

115 lbs = 2 reps right and 2 reps left

120 lbs = 2 reps right and 2 reps left

126 lbs = 2 reps right and 2 reps left

131 lbs = 2 reps right and 1 rep left

Here is one of my favorite quotes:

"

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."

Edited by Chez

I'm leaving after class tomorrow to train with the gripper master Paul Knight in Ohio. Maybe I can get a video of me doing a CCS close with him handing me the gripper. That should give me some credibility. :)

I'm a sucker for motivational quotes and videos. Here is a great one for everyone to use as fuel in their training. I watch stuff like this all the time before working out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X38PCf7kao

Awesome vid, that's the type of dedication we all need to be the best

Thanks guys. I think my Italian temper came out yesterday. I'm usually a pretty calm guy, but I have been working so hard towards this goal that the email bugged me a little when I first read it. I have thought about it and I agree with ironmind's logic. I'm going to keep working hard so there will be no doubt come cert day. I'm also going to start really chasing the MM3 cert so I will be focusing on heavy MMS work. I'm going to be doing at least 1 COC #3 CCS every gripper workout though. I'm bringing my flip cam with me to Ohio this weekend and I'll try to get some video of the training and upload it in this log. Good luck with your training everyone.

YOu got this bud. Your gonna get that #3 IM cert with your eyes closed. Great to hear your tailing the MM3, your on the move :rock

Thanks Big T. I love training TSG more than anything else. That is what I hit tonight. My right forearm is still sore from thick bar the other day so it was a so so night for my right but I hit a new PR lefty! I played some B ball with friends from school. Been lifting so much lately that my body weight is creeping up and I need to try and stay in the 120 kg class haha.

Right Hand

Warm up

COC #2 = 3 Parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 1 CCS rep

Working

Brent's #3 = 1 CCS rep

My #3 = failed CCS rep. Mine is definitely harder and the soreness in my right forearm is stopping me from going all out.

Brent's #3 = 1 CCS rep

GHP 7 = 1 CCS rep

GHP 7 = 1 CCS rep

BBE = 3 parallel reps

GNC 300 = NS attempt failed. just missed. probably can get this fresh no problem.

COC #2.5 = 1 NS close

COC #2.5 = 1 NS close

COC #2.5 = 1 NS close

Left Hand

Warm up

COC #2 = 3 parallel reps

BBGM = 1 MMS rep

Working

BBE = 1 MMS rep. Nice! New PR lefty

BBE = failed MMS rep. kind of a bad set. just missed

MM1 replica = 1 MMS rep

MM1 replica = 1 MMS rep

MM1 replica = 1 MMS rep. This replica is harder than the actual MM1 so my left is definitely getting stronger.

My COC #3 = 1 MMS rep

Brent's #3 = 1 MMS rep

GHP 7 = 1 MMS rep

GHP 7 = 1 MMS rep

GHP 7 = 1 MMS rep

Note: Just signed up for the MM2. Hopefully I can use cert adrenaline and get it done.

Thanks Chez for posting all this. I'm definitely going to be reviewing your log for tips on my quest to close the #3.

Thanks Chez for posting all this. I'm definitely going to be reviewing your log for tips on my quest to close the #3.

I hope it helps but remember to experiment to find out what works best for you. Keeping a log is great for motivation, tracking progress and getting help from others. You're going to learn a lot competing with Tim (MM7), Aaron (MM5) and Daniel (MM2) this weekend. Good luck this weekend and have fun.

Good luck for the MM2!

Thanks Pat. Its going to be close to my max lefty so I'm hoping for at least one good close for the judges.

Oh man. Went out in NYC for St. Patrick's day yesterday. Ended up playing beer pong (I played with wine since I have the gluten allergy) with my girl and some friends. Yes, sadly I am 28 years old haha. Definitely drank a lot so I gotta stick with water for a few days to detox. I hit light Pinch on Friday but fell asleep before posting to the log. My forearm was sore so I didn't push it. I had an awesome gripper workout tonight.

Friday Night Pinch Work

2 Hand Plate Pinch

110 lbs = 5 reps

125 lbs = 1 rep

135 lbs = 1 rep

145 lbs = 1 rep

155 lbs = 1 rep

Shallow Ghetto Hub

26.25 lbs = Good lift Right and Left

29.25 lbs = Good lift Right and left

31.75 lbs = Good lift right and left

Thumb Work with the Vulcan V2 Thumbscrews (Only used my thumbs and not the other fingers)

2 Blue and 1 White IM bands on top notches = 10 reps right and left

2 Blue IM bands on top notches = 10 reps right and left

2 Blue IM bans on top and 1 White on 7th notches = 10 reps right and left

2 Blue IM bans on top and 1 White on 8th notches = 2 sets of 10 reps right and left

Tonight's Crush Work

Right Hand

Warm Up

COC #1 = 8 parallel reps

COC #2 = 3 parallel reps

COC #2.5 = 1 CCS rep

Working

My #3 = 1 CCS rep

GNC 300 = 1 NS rep

Brent's #3 = 1 CCS rep

Brent's #3 = 1 CCS rep

GHP 7 = 1 CCS rep

Vulcan V2 Level 15 = 1 rep

Vulcan V2 Level 16 = 1 rep

Vulcan V2 Level 17 = 1 rep. Brand New PR! :rock

Vulcan V2 Level 15 = 4 reps

RB240 = 1 NS rep

Left Hand

Warm up

COC #2 = 2 parallel reps

BBGM = 1 parallel rep

Working

BBE = 1 MMS rep

MM1 = 1 MMS rep

MM1 = 1 MMS rep

MM1 = 1 MMS rep

Brent's #3 = 1 MMS rep

Vulcan V2 Level 14 = 1 rep

Vulcan V2 Level 15 = 1 rep

Vulcan V2 Level 16 = 1 rep Nice!

Vulcan V2 Level 14 = 4 reps

COC #2 = 1 NS rep.

Congrats on the level 17 and the CCS with your own #3! And left is catching up very good! The MM2 will be

in your pocket off hand.