Jump to content

Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes


Chez
 Share

Recommended Posts

great session today:

Sled pulls and drags

we did it 4 different way (hold a bar behind our back, attached to our weight belt, pushing and holding a bar in front going backwards) 2 times down and back each way for a total of 8 times down and back. Didn't do a great job of keeping track of the weight but more weight this time. Top sets were over 400 lbs counting the sled

Standing Overhead Barbell Press

4 warm ups

190 lbs - 5x, 6x, 6x, 5x

230 lbs - single

170 lbs - 15x AMRAP. Happy with that

Barbell JM press

135 lbs - 8x

155 lbs - 8x

175 lbs - 8x

195 lbs - 7x

EZ Curl Bar Preacher Curls

70 lbs - 8x

90 lbs - 8x

100 lbs - 8x

110 lbs - 8x

120 lbs - 6x

70 lbs - 20x

Measured my Biceps at the end to see where I was with a pump and got spot on 20". Now I just need to keep growing to make this my cold measurement

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only had time for deadlifts today cause I have a tight work deadline to meet

Deadlifts 

5 warm ups

365 lbs - 6x, 6x, 6x, 6x

440 lbs - explosive single. That moved crazy fast and easy. Moved like 315. Even my friend said he’s never seen me lift that fast and explosive. Felt dam good. I made sure to get amped up and it worked big time.

320 lbs - 12x. Left a couple in the tank 

good session 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Accessory work tonight 

Lat Pulldowns with yes 4 All grips 

2 warm ups

180 lbs - 8x

190 lbs - 8x 

200 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

Medium Width Cable Rows with Yes 4 All Grips 

130 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

Machine Rear Laterals 

130 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

Machine One Arm Curls 

2 warm ups

170 lbs (stack) - 4 sets of 10x each arm 

130 lbs - 20x each arm 

Leg Extensions 

2 warms ups 

200 lbs - 10x

215 lbs - 10x

230 lbs - 10x

245 lbs (stack) - 10x

prone Hamstring Curls 

95 lbs - 10x

125 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

155 lbs - 10x

gratuitous bicep picture 

 

D27DDA3A-0DCA-4622-8322-61B5DE0242AE.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Chez said:

Accessory work tonight 

Lat Pulldowns with yes 4 All grips 

2 warm ups

180 lbs - 8x

190 lbs - 8x 

200 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

Medium Width Cable Rows with Yes 4 All Grips 

130 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

Machine Rear Laterals 

130 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

Machine One Arm Curls 

2 warm ups

170 lbs (stack) - 4 sets of 10x each arm 

130 lbs - 20x each arm 

Leg Extensions 

2 warms ups 

200 lbs - 10x

215 lbs - 10x

230 lbs - 10x

245 lbs (stack) - 10x

prone Hamstring Curls 

95 lbs - 10x

125 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

155 lbs - 10x

gratuitous bicep picture 

 

D27DDA3A-0DCA-4622-8322-61B5DE0242AE.jpeg

GAINS!!!!!!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic chest session tonight. In such a great groove. Busted out the slingshot for overload work 

Flat Barbell Bench Press
4 warm ups 
260 lbs - 6x, 6x, 6x, 6x

315 lbs - smooth single 

Slingshot work

285 lbs - 3 doubles with slingshot 

300 lbs - double with SS

315 lbs - double with SS

330 lbs - single with SS

345 lbs - single with SS

Close Grip Floor Press - all reps paused 

235 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 2x

295 lbs - 2x. Wow. That moved well

Incline Barbell Bench Press

225 lbs - 3x

255 lbs - 2x

285 lbs - 2x. Wow. Felt easy. I had another rep but I’ll save it

225 lbs - 10x then spotter used finger tips to help lock out 11x

Machine Pec Deck Flys

250 lbs (stack) - 4 sets of 12x

Leg Press Machine Calf Raises

1 warm up

300 lbs - 4 sets of 30x

gratuitous forearm picture:

 

87215322-2E29-44F3-AF14-6A6BC1655D6C.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Argh. Been training but been lazy about posting. I’m actually in an Amazon groove right now with all my power lifts getting stronger. Instead of training to log the workout I didn’t let’s just start with last nights great chest workout and move forward 

Flat Barbell Bench Press
4 warm ups 
260 lbs - 6x, 7x, 7x, 6x

325 lbs - smooth single 

Slingshot work

295 lbs - 3 doubles with slingshot 

310 lbs - double with SS

325 lbs - double with SS

340 lbs - single with SS. Easy but hit the pegs on the way up throwing me off balance 

355 lbs - single with SS

Close Grip Floor Press - all reps paused 

235 lbs - 3x

270 lbs - 2x

305 lbs - 1x nice, more in the tank

Incline Barbell Bench Press

235 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 2x

295 lbs - 2x. Ya buddy

255 lbs - 6x 

Machine Pec Deck Flys

250 lbs (stack) - 4 sets of 10x

video of all the bench press working sets

 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This weekends training:

Saturday 1/16/21

Started of with sled work in the gym with 3 other training partners. Which did it with 4 different styles (holding a bar behind the back facing forward, Attached to our weight belt facing forward, Pushing forward and lastly pulling backward with a bar). Did 2 times down and back each style for a total of 8 times down and back. Took about 1.5 hrs between all our sets. Next week we made a promise to track the weight better

Standing Barbell Overhead Press

warm ups

190 lbs - 6x, 7x, 7x, 6x

245 lbs - single attempt. So Freaking Close! Just couldn't completely lock the elbows ARGH! This would have been an all time PR and that PR was fresh while this was fatigued. Here is a still of the attempt. I'll restart the cycle upping the base weight and try to get it when it comes up again for revenge. had to use the bar I hate also

 

245 attempt.png

185 lbs - 10x

Flat Barbell JM Press

Warm ups

135 lbs - 8x

160 lbs - 8x

185 lbs - 8x

205 lbs - 8x

Tried to do some flask work but a training partner wanted me to show him and he the flask all messed up with sweat so decided to try it again tomorrow after I saw the flask texture was all messed up

Today 1/17/21

Squats

warm ups

290 lbs - 6x, 7x, 6x, 6x

365 lbs - single. I was a little shaky but got it. Legs are still feeling yesterdays sled work

255 lbs - 16x. I left a few in the tank. I'm pretty tired

Flask 1 Hand Pinch

warm ups

83.5 lbs - 3 singles each hand

73.5 lbs - 2 doubles each hand

63.5 lbs - 2 triples each hand

63.5 lbs - 2 singles with 10 second holds each hand

Machine Rear Delt Flys

130 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

Machine One Arm Bicep Curls

warm ups

170 lbs - 4 sets of 10x each arm

125 lbs - 25x each arm

 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Chez said:

This weekends training:

Saturday 1/16/21

Started of with sled work in the gym with 3 other training partners. Which did it with 4 different styles (holding a bar behind the back facing forward, Attached to our weight belt facing forward, Pushing forward and lastly pulling backward with a bar). Did 2 times down and back each style for a total of 8 times down and back. Took about 1.5 hrs between all our sets. Next week we made a promise to track the weight better

Standing Barbell Overhead Press

warm ups

190 lbs - 6x, 7x, 7x, 6x

245 lbs - single attempt. So Freaking Close! Just couldn't completely lock the elbows ARGH! This would have been an all time PR and that PR was fresh while this was fatigued. Here is a still of the attempt. I'll restart the cycle upping the base weight and try to get it when it comes up again for revenge. had to use the bar I hate also

 

245 attempt.png

185 lbs - 10x

Flat Barbell JM Press

Warm ups

135 lbs - 8x

160 lbs - 8x

185 lbs - 8x

205 lbs - 8x

Tried to do some flask work but a training partner wanted me to show him and he the flask all messed up with sweat so decided to try it again tomorrow after I saw the flask texture was all messed up

Today 1/17/21

Squats

warm ups

290 lbs - 6x, 7x, 6x, 6x

365 lbs - single. I was a little shaky but got it. Legs are still feeling yesterdays sled work

255 lbs - 16x. I left a few in the tank. I'm pretty tired

Flask 1 Hand Pinch

warm ups

83.5 lbs - 3 singles each hand

73.5 lbs - 2 doubles each hand

63.5 lbs - 2 triples each hand

63.5 lbs - 2 singles with 10 second holds each hand

Machine Rear Delt Flys

130 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

Machine One Arm Bicep Curls

warm ups

170 lbs - 4 sets of 10x each arm

125 lbs - 25x each arm

 

Great pressing and pinch Chez! :rock

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

Great pressing and pinch Chez! :rock

Thanks buddy. Ramping the pinch back up. Trying to beat my 93.5 lb flask PR once I peak 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday’s quick accessory training;

Lat Pulldowns 

2 warm ups 

190 lbs - 8x

200 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

220 lbs - 8x

One Arm Machine Rows

87.5 lbs - 8x each arm 

100 lbs - 8x each arm

112.5 lbs - 8x each arm

125 lbs - 8x each arm

Prone Hamstring Curls

95 lbs - 10x

125 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

155 lbs - 10x

Leg Press Machine Calf Raises 

1 warm up

240 lbs - 50x, 50x, 35x, 35x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Enter the ramp up phase of this third cycle. Every rep felt clean and strong. Tonight’s workout:

Flat Barbell Bench Press

5 warm ups 

270 lbs - 5x, 5x, 5x, 5x

320 lbs - smooth single 

290 lbs - 3 doubles with slingshot

305 lbs - double with slingshot 

320 lbs - double with slingshot 

335 lbs - single with slingshot

350 lbs - single with slingshot

Barbell Floor Press  - every rep paused 

230 lbs - 3x

260 lbs - 2x

290 lbs - 1x

Incline Barbell Bench Press

225 lbs - 2x

255 lbs - 2x

285 lbs - 2x

235 lbs - 9x

Machine Pec Deck Flys

250 lbs (Stack) - 4 sets of 10x


Took a break from logging. I kept training just needed the break from logging to clear my head with so personal stuff going on. I’m back now. Let’s go!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Argh. So I missed logging my last 3 workouts again. Lifted Saturday, Sunday and last night. Good sessions but I’m just going to log tonight and try to more consistent going forward. Here’s tonight’s training:

Flat Barbell Bench Press

5 warm ups 

270 lbs - 5x, 5x, 5x, 5x

325 lbs - smooth single 

295 lbs - 3 doubles with slingshot

310 lbs - double with slingshot 

325 lbs - double with slingshot 

340 lbs - single with slingshot

355 lbs - single with slingshot

Barbell Floor Press  - every rep paused 

235 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 2x

295 lbs - 1x

Incline Barbell Bench Press

230 lbs - 2x

260 lbs - 2x

290 lbs - 2x. That moved real fast and even my partner commented that it was faster than last weeks 285

245 lbs - 8x. Also happy with that. Partner said I could have probably gotten the 9th but I decided to save it

Machine Pec Deck Flys

250 lbs (Stack) - 4 sets of 10x

 

note: next week I plan attempting an all time bench PR and it will be on my fifth set fatigued.....getting stronger 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Argh. So I missed logging my last 3 workouts again. Lifted Saturday, Sunday and last night. Good sessions but I’m just going to log tonight and try to more consistent going forward. Here’s tonight’s training:

Flat Barbell Bench Press

5 warm ups 

270 lbs - 5x, 5x, 5x, 5x

325 lbs - smooth single 

295 lbs - 3 doubles with slingshot

310 lbs - double with slingshot 

325 lbs - double with slingshot 

340 lbs - single with slingshot

355 lbs - single with slingshot

Barbell Floor Press  - every rep paused 

235 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 2x

295 lbs - 1x

Incline Barbell Bench Press

230 lbs - 2x

260 lbs - 2x

290 lbs - 2x. That moved real fast and even my partner commented that it was faster than last weeks 285

245 lbs - 8x. Also happy with that. Partner said I could have probably gotten the 9th but I decided to save it

Machine Pec Deck Flys

250 lbs (Stack) - 4 sets of 10x

 

note: next week I plan attempting an all time bench PR and it will be on my fifth set fatigued.....getting stronger 

Hey Chez! Good luck on that PR next week... you will do well I'm sure

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

Hey Chez! Good luck on that PR next week... you will do well I'm sure

Thanks buddy. I have been experimenting with how to peak with this programming and my body’s response. I have failed before but I think I have learned a lot and should be better prepared next week. Will take video 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.