Chez

Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Ricochet
2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Had to go to the ER last night because of the infection and they are keeping me here today to give me antibiotics by IV. Argh!

Damn. Speedy recovery buddy. All the best. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Donc101
3 hours ago, Chez said:

Had to go to the ER last night because of the infection and they are keeping me here today to give me antibiotics by IV. Argh!

That sucks. Good luck healing up. 

• Thanks 1

Lennix

Speedy recovery! Those bacteria infections can be nasty. 

• Thanks 1

Raymond

How's it going now @Chez?

I saw what you wrote a few days back but I had no idea it was that serious. I hope you're on the mend.

Was the infection from a cut or a scratch or just one of those things with no known cause?

• Thanks 1

Chez

Thanks guys. Literally just got out of the hospital after being there for two nights. I have to keep taking oral antibiotics at home until this is completely knocked out. 

• Like 1

Chez
9 hours ago, Raymond said:

How's it going now @Chez?

I saw what you wrote a few days back but I had no idea it was that serious. I hope you're on the mend.

Was the infection from a cut or a scratch or just one of those things with no known cause?

Hey Ray. Thanks for the kind words. I have been dealing with achillies tendonitis so the doc gave me these medicine patches to put on it but over time they wore away the skin there and I believe that’s where the infection got in. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

FrankD

I hope you heal up and get better soon, Chez!  

• Thanks 1

Chez
21 hours ago, FrankD said:

I hope you heal up and get better soon, Chez!  

Thanks frank 

Chez

Well the show must go on. Feeling much better. Still taking antibiotics but I plan on lifting today straight after work. I have goals to conquer 

• Like 5

bencrush

Glad to hear you're feeling better! 

• Thanks 1

Chez
On 11/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, bencrush said:

Glad to hear you're feeling better! 

Thanks Ben. Much better today. Swelling is down. Still some redness and skin issues which will take longer but I’m happy.

• Like 1

Chez

So back in the saddle yesterday for a chest and arms session. As expected, I felt weak so I went back a couple weeks in my programming to ramp up again. 

Barbell Bench Press

4 warm ups 

260 lbs - 4 sets of 4x

295 lbs - 1x

205 lbs - 15x 

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

80 lb DBs - 5x

90 lb DBs - 5x

100 lb DBs - 5

105 lb DBs - 5x

Smith Machine Floor Press, pause with each rep

275 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 2 sea of 3x

Machine Pec Deck Flys 

190 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

230 lbs - 8x

250 lbs (stack) - 8x

1 Arm Machine Curls 

2 warm ups

140 lbs - 4 sets of 8x each arm 

1 Arm Machine Tricep Extensions 

110 lbs - 4 sets of 10x each arm

Note - taking off today but I’ll hit shoulders, lights legs (infection was on my right calf) and right grippers tomorrow. Going to try and move up to my next gripper. 

Chez

Shoulders and right hand grippers today. Again, my press strength felt weak coming back from the infection. I went back to week 1 of the cycle to lessen the weight and ramp up again. Grippers felt good but I made a mistake and left them in the car and its been pretty cold here. That's a rookie mistake. Cold grippers are harder to close (steel stiffens) and sting the hand more. Also, having cold hands is dangerous since tendons become rigid in the cold. Both of my injuries have occurred around this time of year. Because of this after I closed my goal gripper, I dropped down more than planned to be safe and focus on volume more today. Next time I won't leave the grippers in the car.

Standing Barbell Overhead Press

2 warm up sets

145 lbs - 8x

160 lbs - 6x

175 lbs - 4x

185 lbs - 3x

200 lbs - 2x

205 lbs - 1x

165 lbs - 10x. Argh. I did two more reps with 10 lbs more last time with more weight on previous sets. Everything is moving slow also. Hopefully I bounce back from this infection soon. 

Machine Rear Laterals

100 lbs - 10x

110 lbs - 10x

120 lbs - 10x

130 lbs - 10x

Machine Side Laterals

70 lbs - 10x

90 lbs - 10x

110 lbs - 10x

130 lbs - 10x

Right Hand Grippers MMS

Several warm ups

Elite (RGC 165 lbs). 1X Easy Money with paused set. New Post Surgery PR. Video below

MM1 (RGC 160 lbs). 1x. So the plan was sets of doubles but the cold grippers and my cold hands got me worried as I mentioned above so I decided to play it safe and drop and get more volume. 

COC #3 (RGC 153 lbs) - 3 sets of triples

COC #3  (RGC 141 lbs) - 3 sets of triples

COC #2.5 (RGC 133 lbs) - 3 sets of 5x

GHP 5 - 3 sets of 10x

Note - Next gripper to conquer is my 172 lb COC #3.5. Think I will wait at least 2 sessions though and increase volume in the time being to be safe. Also, I really need to make sure the grippers are warm and so are my hands. Onward and upward! 

• Like 7

Chez

Rough couple days at work....rough. Was going to hit the gym but I cancelled it and Plan to make it up Friday with my training partners.

tonight I’m focusing on wine drop set curls........🤪