Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

15 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Great lift Chez, congrats on the big PR. Do you have any general thoughts or advice on the lbh? 

Hey buddy. I got some advice from my friend Tim butler that helped. He’s one of the best at this lift. He told me to start with it turned slightly so there is tension sideways on the carininer so that when you lift is spins. Not so much that the caribing is all twisted up though. This causes a preload of tension. You can see the spin in my video. I also like to grab it high since I get more hand wrap 

Edited by Chez
  • Thanks 1

Thanks alot Chez! I'll experiment with that method and see how it goes. Tim is inspiring to me as are you 💪 I've also noticed some of the high level guys in GS use a staggered stance when lifting the lbh, jug & maybe rolling handles. Not sure if it helps with leverage or they feel they gain more power from the legs? 

Also congrats on the 400 NN, I can imagine breaking the 400 barrier would be massive from a psychological stand point and probably have big transfer to the doh axle. Best of luck on the road to the MM8! 

• Thanks 1

Here is the 606 lb yoke. My buddy’s lawn has a tough dip section and I have been fighting through it until this time. This weight was too much to fight through the uneven ground so I got it 3/4 of they way and then got right back under it to finish it off. Pissed I couldn’t get it clean but next time. Hell of improvement since when we started 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still training hard. Yesterday I tried to up my PR on the 2” double hand NN nightmare with 405 lbs but only got it half way up (6” is a full lift) but after watching the video I think part of the problem is the stack was so dam high with my gyms weights (I am maxing the ironmind pin) and I didn’t set my feet wide enough. I think I made contact with the inside of my legs. Eventhough I am tall at 6’2”, I may try it again next time standing on plates so this doesn’t happen 

6E8D0DF7-BB2F-4414-8F3F-A50880BCC662.png

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

Had a rough frustrating day at the new job but the good news is I took it out on the weights. I tweaked my shoulder months back so been staying away from barbell bench cause it aggravates it. Been sticking to dumbbells and I am finally trending in the right direction. Greated still a ways to go to get back to where I was but I’m happy it’s improving 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So last Friday I felt a weird pop in my left pinky during deadlifts and it was sore the next day but got better the following days. Went to the doctor to check it out and lucky he said I am good to go. I celebrated tonight by hitting a 2.25” crusher PR! 

• Like 5

On 4/18/2022 at 6:27 PM, Chez said:

Here is the 606 lb yoke. My buddy’s lawn has a tough dip section and I have been fighting through it until this time. This weight was too much to fight through the uneven ground so I got it 3/4 of they way and then got right back under it to finish it off. Pissed I couldn’t get it clean but next time. Hell of improvement since when we started 

That's a nice looking Yoke. Good luck with that!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 9:22 PM, Benedikt Farsmann said:

That's a nice looking Yoke. Good luck with that!

Thanks dude. My training partner bought it but I found the model for him cause it’s a shorter one that fits his storage space and it’s cheaper 

Edited by Chez
  • Haha 1

Training is going great. I hit a PR in the 3x4” double pinch handle NN Friday and I am ramping up on grippers nicely. After taking off from grippers for like a month to deload and ramping up I killed my 186 lb RGC MM3 replica for 3 straight singles tonight. Next time I’ll bust at my 190 mm5

Edited by Chez
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Training is going great. I hit a PR in the 3x4” double pinch handle NN Friday and I am ramping up on grippers nicely. After taking off from grippers for like a month to deload and ramping up I killed my 186 lb RGC MM3 replica for 3 straight singles tonight. Next time I’ll bust at my 190 mm5

Congratulations, and congrats in advance to your future accomplishments :D  

• Thanks 1

So let’s talk about dedication and motivation. I left my girlfriend’s place a little after 7:30 pm on a Tuesday, drove to the Gym I Joined in her area for when I visit (hardcore Powerlifting gym) which is a little less than 30 mins from her, got my work out in, drove 1.5 hrs back home. I have work tomorrow (thank god I am remote) after which I plan to go to my local gym for another workout. How bad do you want it? Let’s go! ….

Edited by Chez
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still training but ya crazy busy at the new job so not regularly logging. I am ramping up on grippers nicely. last night closed my 190 lb RGC M5 replica 3 straight times. It feels just like the real one. Feeling good

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Chez said:

Still training but ya crazy busy at the new job so not regularly logging. I am ramping up on grippers nicely. last night closed my 190 lb RGC M5 replica 3 straight times. It feels just like the real one. Feeling good

Wait, so I'm not winning grippers at Nationals?  lol

I haven't been training at all, except for an occasional gripper day, and am just coming for fun.  I don't even know where to start.  I'll have to do some light practice lifts before I open.  My son will be competing, too; he's not into it, just humoring me for father's day, but I'm tickled he said he'd do it and I'm hoping he has a good time at least just this once.

I was actually thinking it was good that I was coming after having qualified by certing the COC 3, because then I could come next year without having to qualify (because going in one year qualifies you for the next) -- but then I realized, I am old.  Being in the Masters 50+ category, I didn't have to qualify in the first place!

Really just looking forward to seeing everyone.

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Wait, so I'm not winning grippers at Nationals?  lol

I haven't been training at all, except for an occasional gripper day, and am just coming for fun.  I don't even know where to start.  I'll have to do some light practice lifts before I open.  My son will be competing, too; he's not into it, just humoring me for father's day, but I'm tickled he said he'd do it and I'm hoping he has a good time at least just this once.

I was actually thinking it was good that I was coming after having qualified by certing the COC 3, because then I could come next year without having to qualify (because going in one year qualifies you for the next) -- but then I realized, I am old.  Being in the Masters 50+ category, I didn't have to qualify in the first place!

Really just looking forward to seeing everyone.

You may still win. Sadly I can’t make it after all 

17 hours ago, Chez said:

You may still win. Sadly I can’t make it after all 

Oh crap.  Are you sure?  I'd rather have you there and lose grippers.  

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Oh crap.  Are you sure?  I'd rather have you there and lose grippers.  

Ya I planned to go but my assignment on the new job got extended and I just can’t make it 

29 minutes ago, Chez said:

Ya I planned to go but my assignment on the new job got extended and I just can’t make it 

I guess if you can't you can't, but we will really miss you.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 6:30 PM, Vinnie said:

I guess if you can't you can't, but we will really miss you.

Thanks buddy. I am happy your son is going with abs competing. Enjoy it. I’ll see you at October kk NJ and gripmas in December. Best of luck at grip nationals 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chez said:

Thanks buddy. I am happy your son is going with abs competing. Enjoy it. I’ll see you at October kk NJ and gripmas in December. Best of luck at grip nationals 

Thanks.  I probably won't win grippers anyway lol.  Jedd usually beats me (although I got him at Gripmas twice), and there is another guy who is MMS closing over 160, which I did at my best too but probably can't right now.  Still looking forward to it, mostly for the company, and at least I know I will kick my son's puny arse (bc gripboard won't allow the American word lol).