Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

8 hours ago, Chez said:

Thanks buddy. I inured myself on the tips tester in competition. I didn’t learn proper technique and it’s a super dangerous event so even light weight tore my pulley. And yes before the pandemic I got back up to even past were I was before the injury but then the gyms closed and I tweaked my Pec and then my wrist so I finally about 95% back after overcoming those injures 

That sucks man. Good job working back up though looking forward to seeing you crush the mm8.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

That sucks man. Good job working back up though looking forward to seeing you crush the mm8.

Thanks buddy. 

• Like 1

Forgot to log yesterdays workout. So I have dealing with a left shoulder issue that only bothers me on flat Barbell bench press so I have been using dumbbells to work around it on chest day. I felt kind of out of it so I backed off a bit during this workout

Incline dumbbell Bench Press 

several warmups 

120 lb DBs - 7x, 5x, 5x, 5x. Was suppose to do sets of 7 but after the first I knew I was just out of it so I cut back to gets of 5

95 lb DBs - 10x

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press

100 lb DBs - 5x, 5x, 5x

Machine Pec Deck Flys 

200 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

220 lbs - 8x

230 lbs - 8x

Machine Triceps Extensions 

87.5 lbs - 8x, 8x

100 lbs - 8x, 8x

• Like 2

Still kind of out of it but forced myself to the gym. You just gotta fight and do your best on days like this 

Standing overhead Barbell Press

several warm ups 

225 lbs - single. Hmm…energy is just not there today. I got the rep but it wasn’t as easy as usual so I decided to stop there

190 lbs - 5x, 5x, 5x, 5x

Flask One Hand Pinch

several warm ups 

83.5 lbs - double each hand 

86 lbs - double each hand

88.5 lbs - double each hand 

91 lbs - double each hand

71 lbs - as many reps as possible in 30 seconds. 9 right and 11 left 

One hand Flask lifts and holds 

71 lbs - 10 seconds each hand 

73.5 lbs - 10 seconds each hand 

76 lbs - 10 seconds each hand

One Hand Flask Negatives 

91 lbs - 3 negatives each hand 

93.5 lbs - 3 negatives each hand 

96 lbs - 3 negatives each hand 

• Like 2

So I tried to train last night but called it off mid session cause my cns felt fired. I reorder things and just hit accessory work tonight to rest for tomorrow. Tonight’s training:

Wide grip Lat Pulldowns

warm up set

180 lbs - 8x

190 lbs - 8x

200 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

220 lbs - 8x

Machine Rear laterals 

130 lbs - 8x

140 lbs - 8x

150 lbs - 8x 

170 lbs - 8x

Preacher Curls with an EZ Bar 

1 warm up set 

70 lbs - 8x

90 lbs - 8x

100 lbs - 8x

110 lbs - 8x

120 lbs - 8x

70 lbs - 20x

i don’t know the actual bar weight but I am Counting it as 20 and that feels conservative  

One arm Machine rows 

75 lbs - 8x each arm 

87.5 lbs - 8x each arm

100 lbs - 8x each arm 

112.5 lbs - 8x each arm

tomorrow is grippers and I am meeting up with the Trainer I got into grip at my gym who I brought to compete at gripmas. Goal is start adding the bumper to my 194.5 super elite. Let’s go! 

• Like 5

I will write more tomorrow but I trained tonight and because I had friends at the gym I jumped to my 198 lb RGC grand elite after my first close of the 194.5 lb super elite which I didn’t plan on attempting tonight. This gripper feels just like the Real MM7. My buddy’s egged me on. I wasn’t feeling super on but wow I got super close. Here is picture of how close it got and my set wasn’t even good and felt beyond MMS…..this goes down soon….I’m a show pony baby! This is a very critical point for me cause this gripper has always been a big gauge for me. I need to get to the point where this is an easy close to get the MM8. It’s ok to Fail sometimes. Now I know where I stand and how to use the bumper to bridge the gap to this gripper…and beyond 

79D24BEE-D272-4754-9D9A-C1358F7A7E1F.jpeg

Edited by Chez
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Of course I fell behind in the log but training is going great and that is what is important. Last night I hit a two hand pinch on my super slick flask (everyone hates my flask and pulls less on it than theirs). Here is the video

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Chez said:

Of course I fell behind in the log but training is going great and that is what is important. Last night I hit a two hand pinch on my super slick flask (everyone hates my flask and pulls less on it than theirs). Here is the video

Impressive Chez, that is very strong on a slippery flask!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Impressive Chez, that is very strong on a slippery flask!

Thanks Mike. Grippers tonight!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Chez said:

Thanks Mike. Grippers tonight!

Chez and grippers⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐💯

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Grippers tonight. Definitely getting stronger. For my top singles I closed my 194.5 lb rated super elite twice each time with 1 full cpw bumper turn added resistance (roughly 1.5 lbs added resistance). On my third attempt I added 2 full bumper turns for roughly 3 lbs added resistance and missed by the width of a piece of paper. Argh. If I attempted it on the second try it would have been closed. Here is the video 

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Hit 165 lbs on my slick crusher tonight for a gym PR. I always lift more on other crushers which have seasoned better than mine. All my stuff is slick and people always pull less on it 

• Like 4

Right now I am so busy with the new job and changes in my personal life on top of hard training all I can post are milestone lifts etc but I hope that will Change once things get settled. Best I can do for now. At least it’s something 

• Like 3

Attempted a flask one hand pinch PR tonight on my slick flask at 98.5 lbs. only needs to be lifted 7.5” in competiton and man on man I got dam close. This goes down soon!

• Like 6

nice one

13 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

nice one

Thanks buddy. In a great training groove right now 

• Like 2

Right on it’s a good place to be. Grab the tiger by the tail and hang on

• Like 1

Hit a PR on the strongman Yoke today. We do it on my friends uneven backyard which makes it harder. Hit 536 lbs today back and forth and each way is roughy 30-35 feet. We started doing this in the summer when he bought it so we haven’t been doing it long. Slowly but surely getting the hang of it 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Still training. I keep adding 10 lbs to the yoke every week and getting it. Yesterday I set a new PR on the yoke and it flew. Way Faster than the previous with less weight. Currently training for the US grip championship in June so I’ll be focusing on those events  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Still training. I keep adding 10 lbs to the yoke every week and getting it. Yesterday I set a new PR on the yoke and it flew. Way Faster than the previous with less weight. Currently training for the US grip championship in June so I’ll be focusing on those events  

There is a yoke event at the nationals?  Yikes.  Near pun intended.

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

There is a yoke event at the nationals?  Yikes.  Near pun intended.

The yokes on you 

• 2 weeks later...

Still training. Tonight I hit 400 lbs on the 2” napalms nightmare. Just working to get better all around 

• Like 5

Hit a PR on the little big horn today. It’s always been one of my worse lifts but this 186 lb lift is a 6lb PR for me. At first I didn’t think I lifted it high enough but after reviewing the video I believe I made the 6” competition cross bar height. What’s really encouraging is this is only two days after a whole workout with naplams nightmare so I wasn’t fresh. I think I got more fresh 

• Like 4

Yoke today. Hit a pr with 606 lbs. we do it outside in my training partners uneven lawn which makes it way harder. We are taking a break and switching to farmers walks soon 

5B0CF558-E192-44CF-A5E1-5309007248AE.jpeg

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Chez said:

Hit a PR on the little big horn today. It’s always been one of my worse lifts but this 186 lb lift is a 6lb PR for me. At first I didn’t think I lifted it high enough but after reviewing the video I believe I made the 6” competition cross bar height. What’s really encouraging is this is only two days after a whole workout with naplams nightmare so I wasn’t fresh. I think I got more fresh 

Great lift Chez, congrats on the big PR. Do you have any general thoughts or advice on the lbh?