Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

Just a fantastic workout today. I had a lot of energy for once and everything felt light. 

Standing Barbell Overhead Press

4 warm ups

210 lbs - 10 sets of triples. Little shocked how easy some of the sets moved. Little struggle on the last rep. 215 next week will be brutal and I will need to bring my A game. 

Slick as Snot 2.5" Crusher Lifts

warm ups

135 lbs - 3 singles each hand

125 lbs - 3 doubles each hand

115 lbs - 3 triples each hand

115 lbs - 3 singles with 10 second holds

- Everything felt super light. More weight next time

Standing Alternating DB Hammer Curls

1 warm up

45 lb DBs - 8x each arm

50 lb DBs - 8x each arm

55 lb DBs - 8x each arm

60 lb DBs - 8x each arm. I was shocked at how easy that felt

Triceps Rope Pull Downs

80 lbs - 15x

90 lbs - 12x

100 lbs - 10x

110 lbs - 10x

Strict 2 Hand Plate Wrist Curls - Forearms on Bench

35 lb Plate - 3 sets of 15x

Strict Barbell Reverse Wrist Curls - Forearms on thighs

50 lb Barbell - 3 sets of 10x

Seated Dumbbell Side Laterals

30 lb DBs - 3 sets of 10

Seated Rear Machine Laterals

120 lbs - 10x

130 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

Note - Brought in my 198 Grand Elite from the car to oil. It Hasn't been used in a while. Plan on going for it next Sunday. It will be tough. No guts, no glory

Really strong overhead work Chez!

• Like 1

Just now, Donc101 said:

Really strong overhead work Chez!

Thanks buddy. Working hard to come back stronger than ever. Love the training flow right now. 

• Like 1

Good workout today. Deadlifts felt better last time but I went up and still got every planned rep. Thick bar work is still on the rise. 

Deadlifts 

4 warm ups 

315 lbs - 3x

345 lbs - 3x

385 lbs - 3x

415 lbs - 3x

335 lbs - 10x

Lat Pull Downs with yes 4 all grips 

160 lbs - 8x

170 lbs - 8x

180 lbs - 8x

190 lbs - 8x

Medium Width Cable Rows with yes 4 all grips

170 lbs - 8x

190 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

230 lbs - 8x

Lying Hamstring Curls

95 lbs - 8x

110 lbs - 8x

125 lbs - 8x

140 lbs - 8x

Leg Extensions 

155 lbs - 8x

170 lbs - 8x

185 lbs - 8x

200 lbs - 8x

Filed Megalodon gripper just arrived from cannon with 6 pre-marked ratings: 220, 210, 200, 185, 175, 165 and I can eyeball in between ratings. Just in time for training this weekend! I gotta send him 2 more adjustables (Aaron C made from a hard grand elite and Pro spring) and some other regular heavy grippers to rate this weekend. Its so on................When I said whatever it takes, I meant whatever it takes. I am all in this time. 

Meg.jpg

Edited by Chez
  • Like 7

Just want to add that they included rating tags for every rating which I didn’t even expect. How cool is that. Amazing service. Thanks @Cannon

You guys are the best 

D7E0692C-48AB-48AC-BED1-DE41A3C0A54F.jpeg

• Like 2

That's pretty bad ass bro!!!! Is the spread on the handles very similar to that of a CoC? What's the diameter of the handles as well? 

17 minutes ago, HandsofStone said:

That's pretty bad ass bro!!!! Is the spread on the handles very similar to that of a CoC? What's the diameter of the handles as well? 

Thanks dude. Silvis is a little more narrow (I want to say 2.25 without filing but I will check). I feel like all the Asian brands are narrower. but the filing makes for a little more range of motion and as you move down the handles the spread obviously increases. I plan on using this after my regular heavy gripper singles for BTR singles and then progressing to normal doubles and triples and BTR doubles and triples. I will measure the spread on the settings and post here. The other adjustables I had made are a hard grand elite and pro spring and I had some longer handles made (on top of regular handles) for each for even more adjustability. I will post those ratings and spread as well. I plan on working both harder and smarter this year to reach new heights.  

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Another really great chest and arms session. Moved up again. Feeling great. 

Flat Barbell Bench Press

6 warm ups

280 lbs - 10 sets of triples. Every rep was smooth. I called someone over to spot the 10 set (just in case) and they said it looked like I had a couple more reps in me. Feeling strong

Incline Barbell Bench Press

185 lbs - 3x

225 lbs - 3x

265 lbs - 3x. Last one was tough but I got it

Smith Machine Floor Press - Every Rep Paused

275 lbs - 3x

295 lbs - 2x

325 lbs - 1x. Dominated. My training partner said it looked easy and felt it

280 lbs - 4x. Wanted a 5th but I got out of position. Can't win them all. 

Machine Peck Deck FLys

190 lbs - 12x

210 lbs - 12x

230 lbs - 12x

250 lbs (whole stack) - 12x

Tricep Push Downs

150 lbs (whole Stack) + 45 lb Plate - 3 sets of 10x

Single Arm Machine Bicep Curls

170 lbs (whole Stack) - 4 sets of 8x each. That felt crazy easy. The extra bicep work I was have been throwing in is paying off. More reps next week

Standing Calf Raises on a step

Body Weight - 4 sets of 30x

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

198 Grand Elite. Sunday is going to be fun. I am going to have dig deep for this one. I look forward to the challenge. If I give everything I have, I’ll leave happy no matter the result

GE.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rippedlikeapig said:

Good luck Chez! 

Thanks bud. I will get a good night's rest tonight and attack it with everything I have. 

Great training session today. Very heavy though. First time not getting all my rep on overhead press but it was going to happen eventually as the weight kept increasing. 

Standing Overhead Barbell Press

Multiple warm ups

215 lbs - 5 triples. ya, that last one was tough. Dam

215 lbs - double, failed right at lock out on the 3rd. 

215 lbs - single. As soon I got It, knew I didn't have 2 in me. Time to drop down in weight for the remaining sets

195 lbs - 3 triples. alright, not too shabby. 

Note - next week I will go to 220 lbs and see how many triples I can get before I have to drop down. 

One Hand Flask Pinch

Multiple Warm ups

81 lbs - 3 singles each hand. Most since surgery and they were dominant lifts. nice

71 lbs - 3 doubles

61 lbs - 3 triples

61 lbs - 3 singles with 10 second holds each hand

Sorinex 4" Pinch Block One Hand Pinch

multiple warm ups

53 lbs - single each hand

55.5 lbs - 2 singles each hand. Most since surgery

50.5 lbs - 3 doubles each hand

45.5 lbs - 3 triples each hand

45.5 lbs - 3 singles with 10 second holds each hand

Triceps Rope Pull Down

90 lbs - 15x

100 lbs - 12x

110 lbs - 10x

120 lbs - 8x

Seated Dumbbell Side Laterals

30 lb DBs - 2 sets of 8x

35 lb DBs - 2 sets of 8x

Seated Machine Rear Laterals

140 lbs - 8x

150 lbs - 8x

170 lbs - 2 sets of 8x

Note - Tomorrow is gripper day. Going to rest well tonight, eat a large lunch tomorrow and attack that 198 Grand Elite. Lets Go!

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Note - Tomorrow is gripper day. Going to rest well tonight, eat a large lunch tomorrow and attack that 198 Grand Elite. Lets Go!

Were all eager to see that GE get demolished!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bruce1337 said:

Were all eager to see that GE get demolished!

I really appreciate that. You have my word I will give everything. I am mentally preparing tonight for a max effort. Its been a while since I let it all go. I love the feeling. 

• Like 2

Fantastic Workout today. Squats and grippers felt strong!

Barbell Back Squats 

3 warm ups

185 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 5x

255 lbs - 5x

285 lbs - 5x

225 lbs - 10x

- Squats felt great. I have been watching videos on proper technique and its paying off. I am getting in better position and staying tighter. Definitely more weight next time 

Right Hand MMS Grippers

Multiple warms ups during my squats

198 lb Grand Elite - Dominating Single. I really blasted it. The set felt like butter and felt the handles slam together. Video and still below. This has to be my best close ever of this gripper. Almost back to peak strength. 

198 lb Grand Elite - oh man. This was freaking close. I thought I might have gotten it and reviewed the video on the camera but when I got home and went frame by frame, I missed it by literally a hair. Guess that will be the goal for next session. I got a bad set this time and started wider than MMS and I think that is what messed me up. 

194.5 Super Elite - 2 singles. Nice A cut opened up on my set finger so I had to wipe blood off it the rest of the training session in between closes. 

Filed Silvis Meg set at 185 lbs - 3 singles. First time going BTR work and I like it. different feeling. I slammed the handles of regular closes after since I was going further on these. 

174 RB 280 - 3 doubles. no problem. need to pack my 176 MM3 next time. 

165 lb Elite - 3 triples. Ya buddy. 

Right Hand RBA Negatives

5-5 - Neg and 10 second hold

5-6 - Neg and 10 second hold

6-6 - Neg and 10 second hold 

Lat Pull Downs

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

190 lbs - 10x

210 lbs - 10x

Medium Width Seated Cable Rows

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

190 lbs - 10x

210 lbs - 10x

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls

45 lb DBs - 8x each arm

50 lb DBs - 8x each arm

55 lb DBs - 8x each arm

60 lb DBs - 8x each arm

Here is the video and still of the Grand Elite Close:

GE Closed (2).png

Time to blow past where I was pre Surgery. Ya Buddy! I live for this!

Edited by Chez
  • Like 6

You're a beast! That almost looked too easy, I would guess your actual crush strength to be 200+ RGC

• Thanks 1

Great close Chez! That is some serious crushing power. You are beyond resilient & have incredible willpower, much admiration from this man!

• Thanks 1

You’re going to crush the 200 Ronnie Coleman and the 203 Super Elite. How long until you destroy the MM8?

Edited by devinhoo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, devinhoo said:

You’re going to crush the 200 Ronnie Coleman and the 203 Super Elite. How long until you destroy the MM8?

3 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Awesome job Chez, great crushing!

3 hours ago, devinhoo said:

3 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Awesome job Chez, great crushing!

Thanks guys! Next grippers I have to conquer are my 199 ghp9 and the 200 Ronnie Coleman I just bought. If this groove continues, I should be ready for the MM8 by June maybe. I working hard to increase my whole body strength 

• Like 2

“If it doesn’t scare you, it isn’t heavy enough” lets (bad word filter)ing GO! in two weeks I take this for a ride. I can't wait. 

GHP 9.jpg

Edited by Chez
  • Like 6

Argh. New York, Connecticut and New Jersey gyms had to close last night at 8pm and will continue to be closed during this virus scare. I ran to the gym after dinner to finish some light accessory work I didn’t have time for this weekend.

Machine crunches

140 lbs - 4 sets of 20x

Machine Leg Press Calf Extensions

2 warm up sets

300 lbs - 4 sets of 25x

Leg Extensions

1 warm up set 

170 lbs - 10x

185 lbs - 10x

200 lbs - 10x

215 lbs - 10x 

Lying Hamstring Curls 

95 lbs - 10x

110 lbs - 10x

125 lbs - 10

140 lbs - 8x

Strict Double Hand Plate Wrist Curls (forearms I’m bench)

45 lb plate - 3 sets of 10

Strict Reverse Barbell Wrist Curls (forearms on knees)

50 lb barbell - 3 sets of 10

Front Levering 

9 lb fitness bar - 3 sets of 12x each hand 

Rear Levering 

9 lb fitness bar - 3 sets of 12x each hand 

Supination/pronation 

light black fitness bar - 3 sets of 10x  each hand 

Note - already made plans to continue the barbell lifts at my friends garage gym. He’s a powerlifter so he’s got a bench and power rack. I also bought a band system that attaches to the door for accessory work like lat pull downs etc. gotta keep working hard towards my goals during the apocalypse. 

• Like 1

Still training. I don't have a home gym cause I own a one bedroom apartment just north of NYC so no space. But my buddy is a power lifter and is letting me train the powerlifts in his garage gym with him. On Wednesday, I started back up the program I was using before the pec strain at his place. As with all programs it starts light so nothing worth noting. I was making amazing progress on this program before the pec strain so I am looking forward to get back to that level in the upcoming weeks as it ramps up. 

Also, my co-op board is letting me store weight plates in the community fitness room to train loading pin grip stuff like crusher, flask etc. 

And I bought a heavy band system that anchors to the door for accessory work like lat pull downs, tricep pressdowns etc. 

Always gotta keep moving forward and overcoming obstacles...........

• 2 weeks later...

Still training. Just got off track with the log as I adjust my workouts at my friends home gym and the fitness center in my building. Today I attempted my 199 Rated GHP 9 for the first time ever. I didn't really feel on and I had trouble getting my CNS firing today. My set was also off big time and fumbled it bad and started wider than MMS. The set has always been my weakness and GHPs have a hard set and sweep making them always feel harder than their rating to me. Its the first time I have missed my goal gripper since coming back from surgery. After analyzing the video, I immediately noticed my mistake. See the big gap between the pinky and the other fingers. I fumbled the set and started wider than MMS and those fingers are too high causing me to loose leverage. If I can get an efficient set, I can close this gripper.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

GHP 9 -1, Chez - 0. Now I want revenge........

GHP 9.png

Edited by Chez
  • Like 10